Any Keto HMers in the group?

Options
I'm looking to start hm training in December for a race in May. This will be my first. I am a lchf, keto lifestyler, have been for nearly 3 years, fat adapted and don't plan on changing that up. Is it possible to do a hm in either a fasted state (my preference) or fueled by fats and proteins? Anyone have experiences with this they'd be willing to share?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what is your current weekly mileage and longest run? presumably you currently run fasted?
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    @TavistockToad, I do run fasted. I'm just getting back into running after taking the last 5 months off (no injury, just not a fan of summer running). Longest race was 10k, longest run a little over 9 miles.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    @TavistockToad, I do run fasted. I'm just getting back into running after taking the last 5 months off (no injury, just not a fan of summer running). Longest race was 10k, longest run a little over 9 miles.

This group isn't very active, you might want to ask the question in the Long Distance Runners group. i know of people who would do a half fasted, if you've always done it in training then it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Bear in mind that once you get over 10 km or an hour, the body runs out of glycogen and it's a whole different story to what you've done before.