Weekend Bling Report

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I had a typo error - Registration capped at 1000 Athlete's ( filled in < 17 hr's )
    Love the Air Quality statement of Avoid strenous outdoor activities.
    The area about 70-80 km south of this was closed due to a fire in the area - which is why we had so much smoke.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That is a really nice shirt. I love it when races provide shirts I actually want to wear. It makes me want to come back and run the race again. I already have a trunk full of ugly t-shirts. I don't need any more. :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 Great shirt and it looks like a beautiful course!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    pxxbasgi22dp.jpg

Got this little beauty today. Wasn't a PB but a very enjoyable race!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I ran the Harrisburg Half Marathon today in 01:42:22. That was good enough for 86th place (out of 704) and 10th in my age group. The weather was darn near perfect.

h69fzfm3kvm3.jpg

This picture was taken on a hill leading up to the bridge less than a half mile from the finish. At this point I was not holding back at all and was just about out of gas. I even knew the camera was there and couldn't even muster a smile (needed all the oxygen I could get :) ).

llvg1ffsjkls.jpg

• juliet3455
    edited September 2017
    Options
    6 km Yesterday at the Miserable Miles Obstacle Course event on Misery Mountain Ski Hill.
    Wave Start 30 minutes separation. General consensus was that 10-15 minutes would be better as there was a lot of time between athletes coming into the finish. As a contestant once past the 3rd obstacle ( Big Wall ) not a lot of waiting for a clear run. Less than a Spartan, more than a plain old run.

A friend asked to go as a Team since she was not comfortable doing some of the obstacles, so that's how we did the event. 15 obstacles, 1 nasty climb and what goes up must come down = 1 Mega Steep downhill section.
    eyveknj9jb9x.png

Up hill start to get separation and then into the obstacles: Tire High stepping, Pony Hurdle x 3 -Short-Tall-Short, Army crawl, High Wall ( 8ft ) :D , Soul Crusher Hill >:) km 1.1 to 1.4 100m vertical714fdy94sk88.jpg
    , Pail Carry ( 50 yds. downhill, 50 yds. uphill with a 40 lb. pail >:) , 6 American Ninja Angled Steps :D , 10 ft. Log carry - 50 yds. up-downhill, 2nd Army Crawl, 60 ft. Balance beam on old springy >:) logs, Mega Steep Downhill on the Double Black Diamond Ski run, Pony Hurdle x 3 -Tall-Short-Tall, More Downhill, 4 Table Top Hurdles, Short Leaning Wall 5ft high and leaning into your body so you cant get your feet on the wall to help, Water Slide :D;) , Tire Flip - the biggest tire was the lightest. 59:57. Strava gave me 54:51 and the difference can be attributed to time stopped at obstacles waiting for other athletes to clear the obstacle. Didn't really care about the time as it was just a fun event to test general Physical Fitness.

I hung around and cheered the other athletes in and Accidentally fell into the water slide 3 times ;) , if your already wet it just doesn't matter.
    Heat 3 was stacked and they pushed themselves to a new course record 35:12. The old Record was 37:35 and had less obstacles. Although the water slide is more of a fun ending than an obstacle.

The hardest part of the day was doing Tear Down, drove a side by side ATV's around the course removing flagging, taking obstacles apart and hauling them back to the Storage Container, the SoulCrusher and Downhill were interesting in the ATV - 4 Big Event Tents 20 x 40 ft - those buggers are heavy, finished at 8:15pm so a 12 hour day on the hill.
    I was actually writing this last night but fell asleep on the sofa with my laptop on my knee and typed multiple pages of ccccccccccccc before the laptop battery alarm went off, I couldn't copy paste in time to save it.
  • juliet3455
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Some More Miserable Miles Pictures.

qtxvizi1tdnf.jpg
    A great Smile showing how much fun the Water slide is. Also she has the event shirt on
    5z671x9lfnnx.jpg
    The Wobbly log Balance Beam
    kl5s2y9vlrx5.jpg
    More water slide technique
    1mk0fkz99xtq.jpg
    pbo7tzmpwfxn.jpg
    The Young Guy in the Nomads Shirt set the Course Record and it was the first time he has ever done an Obstacle Race event.
    j9aylqj2jvis.jpg
    A pet friendly event. They just asked that you let all the athletes leave and then go out with your pet to reduce/eliminate conflicts.
    njyrq0x085fq.jpg
  • jppage67
    jppage67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Detroit Marathon on Sunday. I figured mid-October in Detroit would be a safe bet for cooler temperatures. Instead, it was nearly 70 degrees for the 7 AM start. Then the 25 mph winds kicked up for the last couple of hours. Finished in 4:13, which I'm not unhappy with, given the conditions.7wd2hdm7v0k8.jpg
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add this.

I ran the Historic Hillsborough Half Marathon on October 1, 2017. I'm in a slightly different place in my marathon training compared to last year. The weather was good with the temperature of 47°F at race start with the dew point being relatively low. I ran at an easy pace trying to maintain a good pace. Apparently I "fell asleep" on Mile 12 when I was running on the Occoneechee Racetrack (the last remaining NASCAR Race Track from NASCAR's inaugural year) because my time slowed dramatically. I picked the pace back up in the last 1.1 miles. My time was 2:07:30 (one of my slower recent running times).

When I ran this same race last year, I was at my training peak, so I'm not too surprised by the results. 7z6tqv82sev9.jpg