Week 4 Daily Discussion, Weekly Exercise, Chat, and Discussion

Options
Weekly 4's weekly discussion chat. Keep up the great work guys. I've got some great news to tell ya'll that's been keeping me preoccupied the past couple of weeks, and I'll let you all know soon.

Replies

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! Awesome news Burly! :-) !! You got this man. :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    That's great! Babies are so wonderful! And yes, you must get busy being a role model for little Burly or Burleyette!
    Take good care of your wife! And prepare yourself for those mood swings and midnight runs to 7-11 for ice cream and pickles!
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your wife
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news Burly. Grats to you both.
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Burly! Being the best dad you can be is definitely great motivation - you can do it!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats @burly_man308 !! I'm excited for you and wish you and your wife a healthy and happy pregnancy and delivery.
  • meat513
    Options
    Exercise and diary finished..
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Mischief managed, exercised today, finally getting back to it. Been feeling heaps better. Doing a 'Scary Fun Run' 5K on Sunday the 29th. Should be a lot of fun. Going to dress up as Runner 5 from 'Zombies, Run!' game.

• plainanjelik
    Options
    Diary complete: 2/7 days
    Days under calorie goal: 2/7
    30 minute walk complete: 2/7 days
    Exercise miles: 6.49/15
    Calories burned 737
    Steps taken: 17,717
    40 pushups complete
    Active minutes according to Fitbit: 147
  • explodingmango
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @OregonRunner5 - Now that I associate you with that game I'll never forget the number on your username again. High five for great taste and have fun - and I'd love to see this costume!

The race I have coming up on the same weekend (Saturday) is actually a zombie escape run - I have to say, I'm glad I decided to finally get into this stuff around Halloween. I need to get a good running-friendly generic survival horror game protagonist outfit going.

In general news, today's update: no deliberate workouts because it's Monday. That pattern is changing next week, but today was...well, today. My head feels all hollow and fuzzy at the end of most Mondays, and today is no exception. Logged all my food though, and tomorrow I have gym time between classes, so all is good and on track.

For right now, though, I'm right about to crash. Holy hell, my Mondays are exhausting.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    @explodingmango Looks like you take Mondays to a whole new level!

@OregonRunner5 The horror themed runs sound fun! Unfortunately I would be one of the first taken during the zombie apocalypse. This girl don't run. Send pics!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @burley congrats! That is such exciting news!!!!
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @burly_man308 That's is great news! Babies really are amazing and they grow into wonderful little versions of you both. I love my son. he's 5 and everyday is something new.

so anywho - i finally stole some time to get on here. Welcome @plainanjelik It's good to have you aboard. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Every bit counts because it's one more commitment to a change in your overall health. don't worry about setbacks. sometimes you have to take a step back to make that next jump forward.

I have to remind myself of that, too. Especially when i face the stall that I am in right now. no, change, no change. it's happened before, but I kept going and the pounds started coming off again.

i realized at the end of last week that the reason i have not been able to workout as much as before was due to the weighted gloves i started wearing. I worked out twice already without them and I was able to go 45-55 mins without stopping.

So question for you all - Should I continue working out with or without the gloves? If I keep them, I'll only be able to commit to about 30 mins a workout. Without them, I can go 45-55 mins. Your input would be much appreciated.
  • meat513
    Options
    Hello to all!! Exercise and diary finished
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    @MmamabearR Thanks for the welcome! Concerning the gloves, I think the added weight is good because your muscles are working a bit harder even if your workout may be shorter. However if you think your form is suffering or you aren't able to go all out even during the shorter timeframe then might be good to go without.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Diary complete: 3/7 days
    Days under calorie goal: 3/7
    30 minute walk complete: 3/7 days
    Exercise miles: 9.46/15
    Calories burned 610
    Steps taken: 15,030
    40 pushups complete
    Active minutes according to Fitbit: 119
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Diary complete: 3/7 days
    Days under calorie goal: 3/7
    30 minute walk complete: 3/7 days
    Exercise miles: 9.63/15
    Calories burned 604
    Steps taken: 15,140
    40 pushups complete
    Active minutes according to Fitbit: 119
  • explodingmango
    Options
    @plainanjelik - Eh, whether you "survive" a run like this or not, from what I've seen, you always leave with a story to tell - and the bar has already been set for impressive failure, I'm pretty sure:

Behold, the story that first made me want to do a zombie run.

Anyway, today was pretty good. Got to the gym between classes, all that. Ran two miles, then biked for 7 more. The day overall wasn't that interesting, but I had a lot of fun with that.

The next few days will be pretty similar, I think. The school week is pretty draining, and although there's a lot of stuff coming up, there's nothing really going on at the moment. Hopefully I'll have more to say tomorrow!
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    @explodingmango That video is exactly how I picture it going down! Thanks for sharing! :D