Fat fasting

Options
Ketolover71
Ketolover71 Posts: 68 Member
Hey guys how many of you do fat fasting? And what percentage do you use..fat vs protein while fasting? What foods do you eat?

Replies

• EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If I'm gonna fast, I do a full fast. I only do 24 hour fasts.... no multiday fasts for me.
    On my fasts I'll drink black coffee, chicken broth, and tea.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Doing one right now this week M-F. I actually consider it a modified fat fast as I'm getting only about 80-82% of my calories from fat whereas a true fat fast usually has one aiming to get 90% of one's cals from fat. I don't worry about my protein or carb ratios when I'm doing a fat fast because in my experience the fact that so much of your energy (calories) are coming from fat sources, it typically tends to naturally limit the amounts of carbs and protein sources in order to meet and maintain your fat % for the duration of your fat fast. I wouldn't necessarily suggest doing a fat fast the way I do it but this week fat bombs are largely what I'm eating. LOL My diary is open if you want to take a peek. This will be the longest fat fast I've done. I've done a few 3-day fat fasts before. So far, this one is the most pleasurable and I attribute that solely to the fat bombs of course. ;) It is generally NOT recommended that you do a fat fast for more than 10-days...so 10-days or less as far as time-frame goes and you should be good.
  • kimjschroeder
    kimjschroeder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Doing one right now this week M-F. I actually consider it a modified fat fast as I'm getting only about 80-82% of my calories from fat whereas a true fat fast usually has one aiming to get 90% of one's cals from fat. I don't worry about my protein or carb ratios when I'm doing a fat fast because in my experience the fact that so much of your energy (calories) are coming from fat sources, it typically tends to naturally limit the amounts of carbs and protein sources in order to meet and maintain your fat % for the duration of your fat fast. I wouldn't necessarily suggest doing a fat fast the way I do it but this week fat bombs are largely what I'm eating. LOL My diary is open if you want to take a peek. This will be the longest fat fast I've done. I've done a few 3-day fat fasts before. So far, this one is the most pleasurable and I attribute that solely to the fat bombs of course. ;) It is generally NOT recommended that you do a fat fast for more than 10-days...so 10-days or less as far as time-frame goes and you should be good.

Could you tell me how you did on your 5 day Fat Fast? Im on day 4 of mine and I'm down 3.6 lbs. Ive been at around 82% for my fat. I also find it pretty easy to do.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Dr fungs books should arrive today. I’m very excited about all this.
  • Vladaar
    Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hey guys how many of you do fat fasting? And what percentage do you use..fat vs protein while fasting? What foods do you eat?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "fat fast" I have done water fasting, and I do intermittent fasting 16 hours fast with 8 hour eating window.

Interesting just read that it is a fast while your already keto adapted and that the idea is that you eat about 80-90% of your calories from fat while keeping your calorie intake low, up to 1000-1200 kcal a day. This fast should be followed for no more than 3-5 days.

You taught me a new fast, thanks!
  • diniba69
    diniba69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Could you tell me how you did on your 5 day Fat Fast? Im on day 4 of mine and I'm down 3.6 lbs. Ive been at around 82% for my fat. I also find it pretty easy to do.

How do I view sometimes diary on the app? I clicked on your profile and it just says the"feed is private."
    Thanks
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I did a 64 hour fast by putting a little mct oil or butter into tea or coffee, as needed. I could have carried on for longer but ended it due to circumstance. My previous best fast was water only, and it was hard getting to 23 hours without the fat!
  • Vladaar
    Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I made a attempt at the Keto Fat Fast. I fell short on calories, but I feel full actually it was a tasty fast. Any advice from those who have done it?

One Day of Keto Fat Fast ->
    I managed 80% Fat, 15% Protein and 5% Carbs

I ate 960 calories -> broken down as
    Breakfast - black coffee
    Lunch - 2 chocolate peanut butter fat bombs
    Dinner - 2 fried eggs, 4 slices of bacon, 1 ounce cream cheese
    Snack - 1 dill pickle
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    diniba69 wrote: »

How do I view sometimes diary on the app? I clicked on your profile and it just says the"feed is private."
    Thanks

Quite a few MFP folks have their food diary set to "friends only." So if you like to look at those you'll want to add friends. Just ask folks to add you or invite them yourself. :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    diniba69 wrote: »

Thanks

So far as i know there is no way to view someone's diary ON THE APP unless you are MFP friends.

On the website (desktop) if someone has their diary set to PUBLIC it can be viewed by others whether friended or not.
  • diniba69
    diniba69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Yeah I was able to view on the computer instead.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options

@kimjschroeder ...I sent you an email vi MFP earlier today. Also, it helps if you tag specific members in conversation threads (accomplished by using the "@" sign directly in front of their username with no space in between) otherwise sometimes they'll never see your comment. it was by pure luck that I happened to see this one as I've been a little absent on the LCHF boards last couple of weeks.