Week 5 Daily Exercise, Weekly Exercise, Chat, and Discussion

Options
Afternoon fitness warriors. Hope your week has been great. Here is the week 5 discussion board. This weeks exercise goal is going back to cardio. Daily exercise goal is 35 minutes and weekly exercise cardio goal is 20 miles. Good luck, great job everyone, keep it going. The holidays are right around the corner... lets get in kick *kitten* shape and enjoy ourselves.

Replies

• meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks coach!!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I can exercise 35 minutes a day easily! I WILL exercise 35 minutes a day! Can I do 20 miles in a week? Biking counts too, right?
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this one!
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this challenge!

Knee update: as of right now it's about 80% better than it was last night. It's almost like my body went "All right, okay, we've been through this a million times before, we know the drill by now, so just shut up and get to healing." It still hurts when I put too much stress on it in the wrong directions (which usually happens if I lose my balance - of all my fitness skills, my balance is by far the weakest) but it's a lot better. I should be able to return to low-impact regular workouts by tomorrow. Until then, I planned for today to be a day of crafting, cleaning, meal prep, and homework, and I am going to stick to that plan. So far I've cleaned for about 3 hours this morning.

I'm taking a break from logging today because it's my last day before the big restrictions go into effect. I'm anxious about entering this diet plan into MFP simply because of the amount I have to eat - it...seems like a lot of food. I mean a lot of food. But I'm supposed to lose weight on it too, so we'll see what that means.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    I honestly had been lazing around the house all day. I woke up somewhere around 8 but didn't actually get out of bed till 1pm. Was really glad to see I lost some weight this morning so the hard work is paying off.

I've been plowing through 3 sets of recipe ideas on Pinterest, doing one breakfast, lunch and dinner per week. It has helped me stay on track and the food is honestly delicious and not that difficult to make. Was supposed to have a savory oatmeal this morning but skipped it for lunch since it was coming up on 1:30pm. For lunch I had a veggie sandwich, featuring herbed cheese wedge, bean sprouts, avocado, tomato, roasted bell pepper and lettuce on whole wheat bread. Added a bit of avocado cilantro dressing and chowed down. Really easy to make and was really good. For dinner I made a roasted sweet potato and black bean taquito (baked instead of fried) with and an avocado and yogurt dipping sauce. Can you tell I'm obsessed with avocado?
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    It was raining cats and dogs so didn't hace a chance to go outside today and I really hate doing my Fitbit Coach workouts inside so pulled up youtube on the tv and did 35 mins of zumba. No one was home to see me flailing about awkwardly so I figured what the hell. Converted steps to miles for the days I can't physically go anywhere.

Diary complete: 1/7
    Days under calorie goal: 1/7
    35 mins cardio complete: 1/7
    Miles complete: 1.77/20
    Steps taken: 7582
    Calories burned: 305
    Active minutes: 60

• plainanjelik
    Options
    I'm up for this challenge!

Knee update: as of right now it's about 80% better than it was last night. It's almost like my body went "All right, okay, we've been through this a million times before, we know the drill by now, so just shut up and get to healing." It still hurts when I put too much stress on it in the wrong directions (which usually happens if I lose my balance - of all my fitness skills, my balance is by far the weakest) but it's a lot better. I should be able to return to low-impact regular workouts by tomorrow. Until then, I planned for today to be a day of crafting, cleaning, meal prep, and homework, and I am going to stick to that plan. So far I've cleaned for about 3 hours this morning.

I'm taking a break from logging today because it's my last day before the big restrictions go into effect. I'm anxious about entering this diet plan into MFP simply because of the amount I have to eat - it...seems like a lot of food. I mean a lot of food. But I'm supposed to lose weight on it too, so we'll see what that means.

Good luck with your new diet plan! Hope your knee feels better soon!
  • meat513
    Options
    Exercise and diary finished good night everyone hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, hooray for achievable daily goals :D

Sunday check in. Sun is my chill day of the week. But there is lots to be done around here so I still got my exercise in, calories are in check and the diary is done.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Ah! I have been slacking ever since I finished up the Healthy Wage Challenges. Now it's time to get back on track. I gained a pound, and it's been four weeks since the last time I saw some real weight loss.
    I can definitely do the cardio and the miles. No problem with this challenge. Now I just have to get at it.
    Congrats to everyone who is doing so well and making strides.
  • Fyreside
    Options
    You've got this @MmamabearR good to see you remotivated.

Monday check in. Good workout session in the gym today. targets met, diary done. Now, can I get to sleep. :) Its only 2am, not too late yet hahaha.
  • meat513
    Options
    Exercise and diary finished 12093 in steps
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Diary complete: 2/7
    Days under calorie goal: 2/7
    35 mins cardio complete: 2/7
    Miles complete: 2.95/20
    Steps taken: 14,459
    Calories burned: 507
    Active minutes: 112
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Diary finished, good. Exercise done. Cardio, did a combo of swimming laps/water walking for about 30 minutes. How much distance do you Think? Didn't count laps.
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Didn’t feel well, recovery day for me. :) Hope to do some Halloween spooky Yoga and a spooky forest run tomorrow.
  • Fyreside
    Options
    Tuesday Check in. Good 1 hour in the gym today. Calories well under and diary done.

I've been absolutely on point again this week, yet my scales have gone up by nearly 2 lb per day. I've been at this long enough now to be able to notice a pattern of fortnightly weightloss that I can't really quite understand. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and I know my trend is steadily downwards. But I am curious about it.

I was actually ready to sleep earlier tonight but I'm staying up late to bid on a set of withings wifi scales.

Hope you feel better today Oregon.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You all are doing so awesome! My October has been horrible. I have lost nothing in a month and that is totally unacceptable. So...I am making a change starting tomorrow :D I told my husband I want to lose 20 lbs before the end of the year. I know I can do it. I just need to set my mind back on track.

I was out late yesterday running errands, so I didn't get a workout in. Tonight's Halloween, so we'll see how much time I have left at the end of the night. AND...I'm going out of town this weekend for some family time. It's gonna be a challenge to get my cardio done, but I'm up for it. I also told myself back in August that my Christmas present to myself will be the Jessica Smith "Walk STRONG: 6 Week Total Transformation System" I love her workouts. They are the only ones I have found that I've stuck to longer than a few weeks. If I can lose at least 10 lbs next month, I will feel as though I have earned the new vids.
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Fireside, is your loss usually the morning after a day off from exercising? You are working your body hard and retaining some water to help heal muscles.
    I don't know what I did yesterday, but it was way too much for this old body. Yoga was hard today, and restorative yoga is NOT hard.
    Oregon runner, sorry you don't feel well, but wasn't that run fun?!
    Anjelica, I've been trying new recipes, too. Have found some new favorites.
    Mama bear, so how did the healthy wages challenge turn out?
  • meat513
    Options
    Exercise and diary finished with steps of 12,221 with 61 squats
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    5pm on Halloween -- still haven't had any milk chocolate -- update tomorrow ;-P