Introductions

Options

Replies

• leanerstrongerhealthier
    Options
    Hi Everyone :) I am really looking forward the "one day at a time" accountability!
  • heatheroni13
    heatheroni13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Heather. I've been pretty lazy with my diet and exercise recently, so I'm hoping this challenge will help me get back on track! This will be my first challenge too, so I'm excited to see how it goes!
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was looking for a group to help me with motivation, and this one may well be it. I’ve been floundering for most of this year trying to lose 15 to
    18 lbs and I really want to stop floundering and start succeeding. I’m excited to get started in a few days.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I need to join. Fall is tough for me. I tend to hibernate if I'm not being held accountable. :(
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim. I am a special education teacher in Massachusetts. I had reached my goal weight several years ago, but after a number of injuries (and an ankle surgery) I have gradually gained back about 10lbs. I've been struggling with fatigue and motivation lately, and really need to get back on track and back to my happy weight. It's been frustrating because I know what I need to do. I can't figure out why I'm just not doing it. This sounds like just the right challenge to help me get myself back on track.
  • clue666
    clue666 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi guys! my name is christine, and i am definitely looking to drop some serious weight (25 lbs at least). i gained it all in the last 3 months because i just recently started grad school and have been too busy that i haven't been exercising and basically only eating fast food. i hope this helps!!!!
  • gldntwins
    gldntwins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! All of the positive comments from past members really inspired me to join. I've been using MFP for about a month and I love it. My name is Tee and I'm ready to hold myself completely accountable and stop the yo-yo dieting. I am always losing and gaining the same 8-10 pounds and it wreaks havoc on me mentally. I eat healthy, meal prep weekly. workout daily, but somehow fall victim to junk food (sweets) once I reach my goal weight and then the cycle starts all over again. I just recently started tracking my macros and it has changed my life!!! I'm hoping that with support and macronutrient tracking that I will be able to lose and then maintain and feel happy and healthy inside and out! No more yo-yo'ing is my ultimate goal. I'm ready for the challenge this month!
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hello all. This makes my forth month for the challenge. The day I found this challenge I was very frustrated with myself. Because of fatigue due to an illness, a broken bone in my rotator cuff and lastly a bout with plantar fasciitis I found myself close to 30 lbs heavier than I should /want to be. In the past 3 months I have lost half of my goal weight but more importantly because of this accountability challenge I have incorporated regular exercise along with my calorie counting routine. I have more energy during the day, more flexibility and a lot more stamina. I look forward to exercise now. Just knowing I am going to log in and be accountable to someone else is so motivating.
    Thanks to all of the members. Reading of your successes despite your difficulties helps me to cope with my own. Reading of your struggles helps me see I'm not alone. As mentioned before our leader @RangerRickL as well as @craigo3154 are amazing. I'm so happy Rick has kept this group going,
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am back for another month of trying! Thank goodness I never give up!! I'm Carl and this month I'm playing around a little more with my macros. I did super well last year losing with low carb but I've been eating a lot of things I shouldn't. I'm going back to counting my carbs and we'll see what happens.

Looking forward to a new month!!
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Priscilla and I live on Vancouver Island British Columbia. I am returning to this group after having a terrible October. For me attitude is everything. I have had to deal with some issues that people should never have to deal with and unfortunately I let it bring me down. I am working on bringing myself back up and I know this group can help me do that as I can not control what happens in life but I CAN control how I deal with it, no more using food as in the long run it only made me feel worse.....I will stay positive, happy and in control and will need your help to keep me there............looking forward to November........ :)
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I’m Michelle. I’m on my last 10lbs to lose, yet it seems I’ve been trying for the last 2 years going up and down with it. I know when I track my food it helps me stay on target immensely. I have trouble exercising regularly because of joint condition. It helps me to stay moving and hurts when I’m not. I hate exercising though lol! I love challenges and hope the daily accountability will keep me focused.
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm Charlene. Trying to find a balance between school, work, losing weight and life.
  • jbaptiste1707
    jbaptiste1707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am JB and I have lost 30 pounds last year but regained 20 of them over the last couple of month so I am trying to refocus. I have used Weight Watcher in the past but it did not help me with portion control. I am hoping this challenge will help me refocus.
  • c_lopez49
    c_lopez49 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Cindy. Let's do this
  • Elmyra8376
    Elmyra8376 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I’m Heather and I’m from Chicago . I struggle staying motivated to be healthy. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease ( thyroid disease ) in my late 20s and it’s been an uphill battle since . My metabolism doesn’t function as well and my energy levels are often low, but I know if I can really get going and make healthy choices I can get to where I’d like to be. I’m not severely overweight , but I don’t want it to get out of control. Best of luck to everyone and I’m glad to be here !!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Corina, sounds like a perfect challenge. I can't control when or how much I lose, but I can control my food and exercise. Food is ok, hoping this challenge will help me be accountable for exercise.
  • imali1984
    imali1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi This is Imali. Currently 62 kgs at my small 155 cm frame. Biggest challenge is my uncontrollable eating !!! Chocolates, cakes, u name it. I love to walk/run but lacks motivation
    Just want to start somewhere...