Weigh-in #2:
Weigh-in #3:
Weigh-in #4:
Weigh-in #5:
Weigh-in #6:
Weigh-in #7:
Weigh-in #8:
Total loss:

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week?

Did you stick to your goals last week?

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing?

Best meal:
Worst meal:
Best snack:

Replies

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 150.1
    Weigh-in #1: 148.2
    Weigh-in #2: 146.9
    Weigh in #3: 144.1
    Weigh in #4: 142.8
    Weigh in #5: 140.4
    Weigh in #6: 139.9
    Weigh in #7: 139.7
    Weigh in #8: 136.9
    Loss this week: 2.8 lbs
    Total Loss: 13.2 lbs
    Goal weight: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: to lose: 1.5 per week, total of 18 lbs (by week 8: 12 lbs).

Huge loss this week, makes up for the almost no loss last week!

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I could not exercise, my knee is still really sore. It is so frustrating! I feel like I am losing all the progress I've made in cardio strength and muscle toning.

Did you stick to your goals last week? For the most part. I did over eat one night, but I helped at the charity event and walked a ton. I ate back amidst all my exercise calories in Cheetos.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? I hoping I can start working out again. But the need to heal completely.

Best meal: Cilantro lime cod with acorn squash and cilantro lime rice.
    Worst meal: Cheetos, lots of cheetos
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 114.4 at end of August
    Weigh-in #1: 114.0
    Weigh-in #2: 113.2
    Weigh-in #3: 114.2
    Weigh-in #4: 112.4
    Weigh-in #5: 112.0
    Weigh-in #6: 112.6
    Weigh-in #7: 111.6
    Weigh-in #8: 110.6
    This week's loss: -1.0
    Total Loss: -3.8

I hope no one minds if I use yesterday’s weight! (Today’s bounced back up.)

I made the decision to eat at maintenance a few days this week. I still need to heal physically and mentally from my accident. I bought a new car tonight though, which is a weight off my shoulders!

Speaking of shoulders, I still need to rest it from the partial dislocation. So I didn’t do any exercise last week. This week, I am going to try to do some sort of exercise, probably walking or biking, but lifting is obviously still off the table.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 114.4 at end of August
    Weigh-in #1: 114.0
    Weigh-in #2: 113.2
    Weigh-in #3: 114.2
    Weigh-in #4: 112.4
    Weigh-in #5: 112.0
    Weigh-in #6: 112.6
    Weigh-in #7: 111.6
    Weigh-in #8: 110.6
    This week's loss: -1.0
    Total Loss: -3.8

I hope no one minds if I use yesterday’s weight! (Today’s bounced back up.)

I made the decision to eat at maintenance a few days this week. I still need to heal physically and mentally from my accident. I bought a new car tonight though, which is a weight off my shoulders!

Speaking of shoulders, I still need to rest it from the partial dislocation. So I didn’t do any exercise last week. This week, I am going to try to do some sort of exercise, probably walking or biking, but lifting is obviously still off the table.

Is your shoulder injury from the accident? Do you like your new car? Great job on losing a pound even with all that.
  • bribucks
    Options
    @LynnJ9 Yes I partially dislocated my shoulder in the accident. I actually ended up getting the exact same car I had (same color and everything) except the hatchback version.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 235
    Weigh-in #1: 233.4
    Weigh-in #2: 234.2
    Weigh-in #3: vacation
    Weigh-in #4: 232.6
    Weigh-in #5: 231.2
    Weigh-in #6: 233.6
    Weigh-in #7: 231.8
    Weigh-in #8: 230.2
    Loss this week: -1.6

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Did you stick to your goals?
    I had a good week, I worked out M-F again and stayed within my calorie limit. I'm definitely back in the zone mentally so that feels good.

I don't think so. Picked out some recipes from Skinnytaste again to make this week and am looking forward to cooking. Trick or Treat is tonight so hopefully all of the candy will be out of the house after that.

Best meal: Turkey stuffed peppers
    Worst meal: Pigs in a blanket
    Best snack: pickle slices
    Worst snack: peanut butter filled pretzels (they are sooo good)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »
    Starting weight: 235
    Weigh-in #1: 233.4
    Weigh-in #2: 234.2
    Weigh-in #3: vacation
    Weigh-in #4: 232.6
    Weigh-in #5: 231.2
    Weigh-in #6: 233.6
    Weigh-in #7: 231.8
    Weigh-in #8: 230.2
    Loss this week: -1.6

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Did you stick to your goals?
    I had a good week, I worked out M-F again and stayed within my calorie limit. I'm definitely back in the zone mentally so that feels good.

I don't think so. Picked out some recipes from Skinnytaste again to make this week and am looking forward to cooking. Trick or Treat is tonight so hopefully all of the candy will be out of the house after that.

Best meal: Turkey stuffed peppers
    Worst meal: Pigs in a blanket
    Best snack: pickle slices
    Worst snack: peanut butter filled pretzels (they are sooo good)

The last time I ate pickles it was an entire jar of the Vlastic sliced hamburger ones. SHOULD have been a tell tell sign of pregnancy. Lol. But I haven’t eaten any since. It’s been a few years.

Congrats on your loss this week. You’ve been very consistent and it’s paying off.
  • for_my_tomorrow
    for_my_tomorrow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 144.5 lbs
    Weigh-in #1: knee surgery recovery
    Weigh-in #2: knee surgery recovery
    Weigh-in #3: knee surgery recovery
    Weigh-in #4: vacation
    Weigh-in #5: vacation
    Weigh-in #6: vacation (+ 5.25 lbs since start)
    Weigh-in #7: 149.75 lbs
    Weigh-in #8: 147.37 lbs
    Total loss: still in defecit from start

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Back from 'vacation'.... visiting an unwell family member overseas which was stressful - so food was a comfort. Also knee is recovering so am able to start walking and doing physiotherapy

For the most part. Had a take away..gave in to temptation for fish and chips

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Trying to incorporate pilates into my routine where my knee will allow it

Best meal: roast chicken pieces with salad and cous cous with yoghurt mint dressing
    Worst meal: fish & chips
    Best snack: fresh mango
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nicole 5'6"
    SW: 131
    HW: 142
    Weigh-in #1: 134
    Weigh-in #2: 134
    Weigh-in #3: 133
    Weigh-in #4: 133
    Weigh-in #5: 133.6
    Weigh-in #6: 132.9
    Weigh-in #7: 133.1
    Weigh-in #8: 132.4

It's a tiny drop. I'm happy with it. I stuck to the plan maybe 60% of the time. I made the right choices SLIGHTLY more often than I made the wrong choices. LOL. This is the best I've got right now.

Why I was successful
    - Lowered my calorie goals a bit and it was motivating to try and stay under a lower number
    - Watched my macros SOMEWHAT better (protein!)
    - Better logging overall
    - On track with cardio
    - Low-cal snack choices

I'm still stressing out about things. But I'm paying attention to my responses. I beat myself up a lot. My plan is to work on my self-esteem a little this week. Tell myself "I'm doing great" etc. Because I'm still 10 lbs lighter than I was when I started here, I'm not going to quit, and at the very least I'll recomp over the winter and be ready to cut in the spring.

Best snack - HB eggs
    Worst snack - oil-popped popcorn, too much peanut butter
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options

The last time I ate pickles it was an entire jar of the Vlastic sliced hamburger ones. SHOULD have been a tell tell sign of pregnancy. Lol. But I haven’t eaten any since. It’s been a few years.

Congrats on your loss this week. You’ve been very consistent and it’s paying off.

Thanks! I love having a pickle slice after dinner for something super salty and only 5 calories! I'm really hoping it doesn't mean something else is going on :D
  • bribucks
    Options
    @wellnesschaser 10 lbs is a great milestone! My favorite thing to remind myself is that at this point, even with a few lbs normal fluctuation, my highest fluctuating weight is STILL lower than when I started! Makes me feel better about “bad” days.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @wellnesschaser 10 lbs is a great milestone! My favorite thing to remind myself is that at this point, even with a few lbs normal fluctuation, my highest fluctuating weight is STILL lower than when I started! Makes me feel better about “bad” days.

This is so true! It's such a mental game when the weight isn't changing. But I'm still in such a better place :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Week 8:

Starting weight: 135.7 lbs
    Weigh-in #1: N/A
    Weigh-in #2: N/A
    Weigh-in #3: N/A
    Weigh-in #4: 140.4 lbs
    Weigh-in #5: N/A
    Weigh-in #6: 136.0 lbs
    Weigh-in #7: N/A
    Weigh-in #8: 135.7 lbs
    Total loss: I’M BACK TO MY START WEIGHT!

I actually watched my caloric intake this week. Whoop! WHOOP!

Did you stick to your goals last week? I did and I’m proud of it. Yay!

This week I am sticking to the program I originally started just as it is laid out....NO modifications. I think this will ground me. It’s 8 weeks so it will take me up to the week of Christmas.

Best meal: regular oatmeal and brown sugar
    Worst meal: Taco Bell
    Best snack: apple
    Worst snack: Halloween candy...LOTS of it
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    ]
    Starting weight: 144.5 lbs
    Weigh-in #1: knee surgery recovery
    Weigh-in #2: knee surgery recovery
    Weigh-in #3: knee surgery recovery
    Weigh-in #4: vacation
    Weigh-in #5: vacation
    Weigh-in #6: vacation (+ 5.25 lbs since start)
    Weigh-in #7: 149.75 lbs
    Weigh-in #8: 147.37 lbs
    Total loss: still in defecit from start

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Back from 'vacation'.... visiting an unwell family member overseas which was stressful - so food was a comfort. Also knee is recovering so am able to start walking and doing physiotherapy

For the most part. Had a take away..gave in to temptation for fish and chips

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Trying to incorporate pilates into my routine where my knee will allow it

Best meal: roast chicken pieces with salad and cous cous with yoghurt mint dressing
    Worst meal: fish & chips
    Best snack: fresh mango

I can’t figure out for the life of me how to cut these so I always buy them diced. Lol! ... my second favorite fruit behind pineapples
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »

Thanks! I love having a pickle slice after dinner for something super salty and only 5 calories! I'm really hoping it doesn't mean something else is going on :D

LOL! Nooooo. Save the little people for LATER. Don’t be like me ... “babe, it’s getting boring with just me and you”...six months into the marriage...BAM! :neutral:
  • for_my_tomorrow
    for_my_tomorrow Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I can’t figure out for the life of me how to cut these so I always buy them diced. Lol! ... my second favorite fruit behind pineapples[/quote]

I am an absolute dripping mess afterwards! But so worth it!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

I can’t figure out for the life of me how to cut these so I always buy them diced. Lol! ... my second favorite fruit behind pineapples

I am an absolute dripping mess afterwards! But so worth it![/quote]

:D yep me too so maybe I should buy them anyway. Ha!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Week 8:

Starting weight: 135.7 lbs
    Weigh-in #1: N/A
    Weigh-in #2: N/A
    Weigh-in #3: N/A
    Weigh-in #4: 140.4 lbs
    Weigh-in #5: N/A
    Weigh-in #6: 136.0 lbs
    Weigh-in #7: N/A
    Weigh-in #8: 135.7 lbs
    Total loss: I’M BACK TO MY START WEIGHT!

I actually watched my caloric intake this week. Whoop! WHOOP!

Did you stick to your goals last week? I did and I’m proud of it. Yay!

This week I am sticking to the program I originally started just as it is laid out....NO modifications. I think this will ground me. It’s 8 weeks so it will take me up to the week of Christmas.

Best meal: regular oatmeal and brown sugar
    Worst meal: Taco Bell
    Best snack: apple
    Worst snack: Halloween candy...LOTS of it

Great week! I like your plan to stick to the plan.
  • Somze
    Somze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 138
    Weigh-in #1: 138
    Weigh-in #2: 139
    Weigh-in #3: 137
    Weigh-in #4: 139.2
    Weigh-in #5: 137.2
    Weigh-in #6: 137.2
    Weigh-in #7: 139.8
    Weigh-in #8: 136.4
    Total loss: 1.6 pounds

I lost weight this week but have no idea why. I turned 40 on Monday, October 30, and the week before that was crazy emotional for me. I didn't know that I would have so many emotions brought up by this birthday milestone. Needless to say, I did some stress eating and some extra drinking (when partying for my birthday). I must have hit a plateau and temporary changes in food consumption don't affect me as much.

Not for food, for sure. I've also been favoring strength over cardio and am noticing the results. My muscles may be growing but my overall level of energy and body tone is lower.

I am adding this entry late - the following Monday. And I already know that I didn't make too many changes. The partying for my birthday continued. For this week, I am changing my settings in myfitnesspal to show remaining nutrition instead of just calories. My husband thinks I am more hungry because I don't eat enough protein.

Best meal: Home-made baked potatoes and broccolini
    Worst meal: Can't think of anything. My meals were okay. It was the snacking that killed me.
    Best snack: Munk Pack Oatmeal Fruit poaches
    Worst snack: Mindless party tray eating - salami, cheese, etc.
This discussion has been closed.