Like Minded Lushes - October 2017

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Syd, yes and I did. :embarassed: a $1000 crown is worth the gross factor. The dentist will sterilize it and I am having it re-cemented today. I have been thru my 98 year old Aunt's hoard and my 105 year old grandmothers hoard. My mom was very conscious of the process and had purged so much stuff by the time she passed that it wasn't too bad. By the time my dad passed he basically had nothing left but a few pictures and a grandfather clock. Han in there.

I had two last night. Tonight I try for only one.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    haha Robin, I figured it might be worth it to you to try to find it :D

MIL was very neat and clean but had lots of storage and once we opened cabinets, closets, filing cabinets it was a whole different story. She had check registers from 1995 :o We finished up yesterday. Neither of us had the energy to be sad about it. Just relieved it was over. We donated 90% of her stuff. Someone is going to get some good use out of her really nice furniture and clothes.

Heading to the beach this weekend. I'm hoping to be able to really relax there and find some peace. The pacific ocean usually does it for me. It's my happy place.
    And of course, there will be wine. :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Robin- I'm glad you successfully "located" your crown! :#:p
    Syd- enjoy the relaxation, you deserve it!

I've had a pretty good week, food and drink-wise:
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 1 beer
    Tonight, my brother is getting married. This means lots of family which means alcohol!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Enjoy the wedding and family time, Ann!

I actually feel a little off...nothing urgent on my to-do list, for the first time in what seems like forever. I still have that nagging feeling that lurks, telling me I've got a crisis that I need to deal with. Ok universe, that doesn't mean you need to provide me with one, just saying! :D
    Off to the beach. Enjoy your weekend, lushes! :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the beach Syd!

I have been drinking a decent amount this week. I had every intention of not drinking last night and then work happy hour happened. Then Eric was gone till 10, so I typically like to drink when I'm along watching my shows. So I did. Oh well. Anniversary dinner and ballet tonight and a wedding tomorrow. Plus 2 birthday parties..... Myabe next week.....
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm doing you lushes proud :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I have had a nasty cold since last Wednesday. it hit me hard on Wednesday out of nowhere. I have lost 6 pounds because of it so that is good. I haven't been lushy much.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Feel better, Robin! :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    The lushes are quiet!

I'm determined to start a somewhat normal routine. I'm sleeping like crap, and I know exercising more would help. So despite the 90+degree temps here, I will be working out.
    Still having my wine.
    Hope everyone else is doing well :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've been lushing along. Really earned it Friday. My sister and I stayed up till 4am. 4am!! We had to have mimosas on the way to the pumpkin patch to get right Saturday. And then I basically had a delayed hangover and felt like crap from about 7pm till I went to bed.

We're headed to Cincinnati for a concert tonight and staying overnight without kids. Should be good times!

I'm with you Syd. I need to get my act together. I may take a little mini break from booze before Thanksgiving. I'm really considering doing 30 days in January too. Just feel like I need a reset.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better Robin! I had a cold last week that really knocked me on my butt, so I can sympathize.

Ashley - Holy crap - 4am?? :# I've never done that on purpose...4am is when I wake up during the work week!

I've been doing quite well with my alcohol non-consumption, now if I could just back to working out I'd be golden....but one thing at a time.
    Saturday - 2 glasses red
    Sunday - 1 1/2 bacardi & diet
    Monday - 0
    Tonight - nothing! :) That's the plan, anyway....
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ashley, the only time I see 4am is when I wake up at that hour and can't get back to sleep!
    Ann, I feel you. If we ever could combine moderating alcohol with a good exercise routine, we'd be golden.
    It was 104 here yesterday with similar temps today. I did nothing, except manage to get my haircut where of course I had to have wine. Maybe I'll crank the a/c today and get in a little exercise.
    Happy hump day lushes!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Managed a zero on Sunday and Tuesday.
    Holy cow Syd! I have been watching the temps down your way... I thought we were done with that kind of nonsense for the year!
    We bought ourselves recumbent trikes yesterday it will be interesting riding them around!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I have not stayed up till 4am in years.... I do not plan on doing it again soon!

We had fun at the show. Drank plenty. Had a 0 Tuesday and was planning on one yesterday, but got together with a couple friends I don't see often for lunch and we had wine. Then a couple ciders. They have been out of our cider everywhere in Louisville and I found some yesterday.

Friend in from STL tonight. It never ends...... Luckily, we have nothing planned this weekend except family night at school and swim class tomorrow morning. Maybe we can have a semi responsible weekends.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I have been lushing along. I got over my cold. (thanks for all the well wishes) The main problem now is that Doug and I are struggling with the new dynamic of his retirement. I know it will all work out but it is going to be a bumpy ride for a while. The weather up here has been really glorious for the last couple of days. Cool and crisp in the morning and sunny and upper 60's in the afternoon. I have been taking Ritter for a walk when I get home just to get out of the house and enjoy the weather while it lasts. TGIF lushes. I hope you all have a great weekend.

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Heading out tomorrow to the beach for a few days. I will NOT be good. Have a great week my friends!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP in a long, long time. Happy to see the thread is still going strong and you all are lushing away.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Take me with you, Gary!!
    Hi Kim :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I did good this weekend! Was never even a tiny bit hungover and it was AMAZING! I'm hoping this will help me to curb my quantity. I'm pretty serious about watching my food and drink the next 3 weeks before Thanksgiving. Then hopefully will not undo all my good work that week!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Got 2 0's this week! Drank a little more on Halloween but not terrible. I'm sleeping much better.

It has gotten quite quiet in here..... Haven't heard from Kate in a while.