new to MFP and FODMAPS but suffering with IBS

Options
AnExpatWife
AnExpatWife Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone. I'm new here and am starting to keep a food diary to try to loose some weight but also to try and help identify which foods might be causing my digestive issues.
I could eat whatever I wanted standing on my head (not literally) until a bout of diverticulitis 4 years ago. I had a second bout 3 months afterwards and have suffered with 'IBS' since.
I have seen a Gastroenterologist who ruled out Celiac and lactose and fructose intolerance and also did a colonoscopy.
I have been following a low fibre diet at his suggestion to stop my intestines spasming. I was going to go back and see him to see if it was ok to start eating fruit and veggies again but he has since moved surgery and I am currently looking for a new gastroenterologist.
I recently met a naturopath whilst I was in Australia who was telling me about the low FODMAP diet and am thinking about giving this a try and then re-introducing things to see what gives me issues. I get swelling, bloating and intestinal pain often and can't pin it down to any one food. I travel a lot so eating out in restaurants also makes it quite difficult.
I'm 5'3" and 88 kg and looking to loose about 10-15kg also as I think being over weight probably doesn't help much either...
If anyone has any tips, experience or advice to share I would appreciate it, also feel free to add me as a friend... the more the merrier. I will leave my diary open to share.
Have a great evening to you all from Zurich.

Replies

• vicshawwill
    vicshawwill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Are you still doing low fodmap? I have been following a low fodmap diet for about 6 months and I would love to share recipes with you if you are still following it.

Thank you!

Victoria