Is there anyone out there?

Options
Jewels416
Jewels416 Posts: 42 Member
It looks like the last post in this thread was in July. It would be great if it was because everyone in this group (300-400 Pound Club) lost so much weight that they don't feel like they belong in this group any longer. I wanted to post on in this group because I'm not sure if someone in their 20's that wants to lose 20 pounds really understands how we got to this point and the struggles we face trying to change our lifestyle.

Me? I went away from this group...and away from MFP...gained back anything I had lost and more until I was the highest weight I've ever been. So, at the end of August I made the trip back to MFP. I am not doing 100% perfect....but I am perfectly trying. This is my 8th week since I started back and I have lost 15.6 pounds. That averages to 1.95 pounds a week...and I am happy with that.

So, here are my goals for the rest of this month....

Tracking - Track every day. I find that tracking makes a big difference for me. Yes, I eat things I shouldn't...but I track them. And, there are times I decide to eat something different because I don't want to log the calories. Yes, tracking helps keep me on track.

Within Goal 5 Days a Week. Yes, I know that some people say that you should be within goal every day. But, I'm realistic. I know there are days that I'm going to go over...and I'm not going to be down on myself. I don't want to be too restrictive that I give up. Now...technically I would love to be within goal each day....but for now I will make this my goal.

3 More Pounds by Nov. 1. October is almost over and with only 2 weeks and 2 days left I don't want to set the goal too high. I would rather set it lower and surpass it then not meet goal. If I lose 3 more pounds by the end of the month, that would be 6 pounds for October. My doctor would be happy with that.

Exercise More. Oh Oh...that is not a measurable goal. I was at a point where I had not been to the gym in 2 months. I have started going back to water aerobics, but I'm only making it there 1-2 days a week. Yes, I know I need to be going more but for right now my goal will be to make sure I make it to the gym at least once a week.

I'm hoping that writing this will help keep me committed to goal. The goals are simple and should be easy to obtain. One day at time. I truly believe that if I follow the first two goals that slowly but surely I will get to where I need to be ... which is ... a healthier me!

Replies

• crochetkeepsmehappy
    Options
    Hi Jewels! Those are fantastic goals! Very inspiring!

I am returning back to MFP after being off for a bit. Of course I am at my highest weight ever. And I can’t even stand it. My first step is going to see a nutritionist. Hopefully she will be able to give me some pointers and set me on the right path. I just really need motivation. I work full time and go to school full time. I find it very hard to fit in exercising.
    One step at a time is what I tell myself.
    Good luck! Sent you and friend request.
    Also the group “300+” has some great people and is active. Check it out
  • Jewels416
    Jewels416 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Seeing a nutritionist sounds like a great idea. And you are right...one step at a time is what it is all about.
  • always4my2kids
    always4my2kids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in daily friends to support and be supported by. I prefer to have communication via friends instead of groups because I usually don't remember to look at my groups. My news feed is so quiet. Add me / I'll add you as well!
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How is it going? Did you meet your October goal. I slip and flip and occasionally full on belly flop on my goals but the recently I'm adapting a slow and steady approach. So far so good.
  • Lizard863
    Lizard863 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in daily friends to support and be supported by. I prefer to have communication via friends instead of groups because I usually don't remember to look at my groups. My news feed is so quiet. Add me / I'll add you as well!

I’ll add you. I sign in daily!

• RaeChillNeedsNewKnees
    Options
    I’m here! I find the groups don’t stay that active. But I’d be happy to be friends with some folks from this group so we can cheer each other on in the daily feed. 😄