Weigh in #2 Nov 6th - 12th

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Week 2 in the books, how was it? Mine was not great, still off track. Tomorrow I'm going to start cutting the sugar. I know I'm having more than normal and the more you have the more you crave. So forgive me if I become a raving loon this week. Anyone want to join me in my sugar deprived Looney week? Let me know. Tell me how your week went.

Replies

• megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm all for cutting out the sugar! I've been doing it gradually. And surprisingly, I haven't completely binged on my kids Halloween candy! (Chips are a different story due to low blood pressure and they are the closest thing to help.)

This week hasn't been too bad, I'm logging a lot more of my meals, trying to cut down on portions. But I'm not drinking enough water, which I've definitely noticed. It needs to be ice cold, or I won't drink it.

I want to start working out to my DVDs, but I feel like I can't. Fiance is in his off season, so all he does is play video games. So living room isn't available, and any jumping in there makes the fish tank shake. Every other room in the house has really noisy floors, so I feel extremely self conscious doing anything inside when everyone is home (in laws, fiance and kids.)

Agh! Dilemmas! I should focus on my eating anyways. Sorry for the ramble!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Megannxx,
    Not a ramble at all. Its hard to focus on ourselves. Maybe sit down with your fiance and carve out some you time. I'm thinking he would be fine with taking a break from stuff and maybe take a long walk with you. Look for something you can do with him or the kids. Might be fun for everyone
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I did great for two weeks, then this last week just went up in smoke. Back on track today and hoping to stay focused. Not giving up!!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I actually lost 3 pounds before I started logging on this spreadsheet, but with my bad weekend, it put me back to where I started again. It's only temporary though....
  • megannxx
    Options
    @kayjosh2422 unfortunately, he wouldn't be fine with it. :( it's basically whatever he wants, So trying to have some time for myself is really hard unless all 3 kids are sleeping. Ugh. So I'm kinda taking advantage of when he's working, which should only be for another week or so. I have surgery coming up next week, so that'll put me out for a few days. :(

I've been finding mini workouts on Pinterest and apps that I'm attempting to do as well. :)
  • bahbedwire
    bahbedwire Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was good all week, then the weekend came and I lost my motivation. I've signed up for a November challenge through instagram (and paid for it!), so hoping this will keep me on track. Also, didn't do any meal prep for this week and already paying for it. X.x; Trying to catch up with all my work outs, meal preps, sleeping, cleaning, eating well... watching the tot... being a mum is way more work than I thought it would be. I think I need a new strategy to take one thing at a time, but when will I get it done? Right now I'm just sitting and listening to my 19 month old sing in his cot while he is *supposed* to be asleep for his nap. OH WELL.

@megannxx , is there any way to get any support from your fiance or in-laws? I was living with my in-laws as well... and I definitely felt self-conscious around them when I was jumping around or working out. I used my lap top for workouts, or even just my phone and listened to the instructor once I got used to the workout. My in-laws run a small daycare for my niece and nephew, as well as looking after fosterbubs, so I definitely had an audience for my workouts (especially listening to my screaming son!). It's not easy, and I had to work on my communication skills, but I got it done for a while until we bought our house. Er... I hope I was helpful. D: Let us know how you go!

@kayjosh2422 Definitely trying to cut down on the sugar! I even bough stevia for my tea/coffee (when I have it... trying to cut down on the caffeine as well!). I was speaking to a friend of my son's father (who is a fitness/wellness coach) and she said after about a fortnight without added sugar, you should be fine.

Did well for weightloss, not sure what my inches are or anything. While I would like to decrease in pounds, I definitely would prefer losing 2 dress sizes over all (or just one for this challenge!)

Challenge SW: 67kg
    Goal Weight: 63.6kg

Week 1: 66.9kg
    Week 2: 66.4kg

Down .5kg. Hopefully I can keep it off.
  • diggydog2
    diggydog2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I’m with all of you in cutting out the sugar. It does take 2-3 weeks to get past the cravings but then it gets better. Drink plenty of water and watch out for hidden sugars. Read food labels to check for added sugar. It’s amazing all the foods that have sugar added to them.
  • megannxx
    Options
    SW- 228.4

Week 1- 230.4 lbs
    Week 2- 230.4 lbs

Well no gain, but no loss either. Looks like my surgery is going to be rescheduled due to extremely low blood pressure. Blah! Still trying to cut down on sugar, but it's hard.
  • megannxx
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @bahbedwire not really no. My mother in law wouldn't really care, but my father in law and I are not on speaking terms so I am basically walking around on egg shells around him, and my fiance uses the tv all day when he's home. I'll figure something out, but yeah, I definitely need to sit and talk with my fiance. I need some time to myself to do it, I need to do it.
  • bahbedwire
    bahbedwire Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @megannxx that is rough. Good luck. Always here if you need to blow off some steam and bend an ear.
  • megannxx
    Options
    bahbedwire wrote: »
    @megannxx that is rough. Good luck. Always here if you need to blow off some steam and bend an ear.

It is. And thank you! :)
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Week 1- 240.1
    Week 2 - 240.1
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    CSW: 166 lbs
    CGW: 152 lbs
    UGW: 140 lbs

10/30: 164.5 lbs
    11/06: 163.5 lbs
  • Valsgoals
    Valsgoals Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It is coming back down, thank goodness! Still not where I was that first week of October so in addition to starting to weigh my foods I am now re-evaluating my exercise routine and water intake. Please come back down before the first holiday hits. :worried:
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just playing catch up here:
    Starting weight for this Challenge: 202.4 lbs
    Week 1: 203.4 lbs
    Week 2: 202.0 lbs

Yay!