Keto & intermittent fasting

Options
I was wondering if others are doing Keto with intermittent fasting?
Also what are you drinking during the fasting periods?
I a really just sticking to water ATM.

Replies

• moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was just looking into IT this morning. I naturally eat a 14/10 but am looking to gently increase to a 16/8. I don't think a hard core 20/4 or 22/2 could work for me at this stage in my life. I drink water, herbal tea, and limited coffee (2 cups in the am).
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was just looking into IT this morning. I naturally eat a 14/10 but am looking to gently increase to a 16/8. I don't think a hard core 20/4 or 22/2 could work for me at this stage in my life. I drink water, herbal tea, and limited coffee (2 cups in the am).
    I work 12 hr shifts and have large commutes due to city traffic, so this last week I have just been eating once aday. I didn't really think it would work for me either but since starting Keto I have not really had cravings, and I eat conservatively.

I think I should try drinking some tea
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In my Third week mid way through the other day started feeling tired, and the other night had a snack (pine nuts) which broke my intermittent fast, been tight to the 75-80% fat and 5% carbs protein being the difference. I have been testing ketones with strips, and still at a moderate level. Which should be normal given the my time in.

Went to a movie the other day 1st time all I did was get a ticket, was weird.

Also ate out for the 1st time the other night, wasn't as hard as I thought but it does limit the selection a great deal. I had to add butter to up my fat % but wasn't too bad, also had macadamia nuts after to add fat as well.

Over all not bad, results have been good, can't wait till I am adapted.

Hope everyone is doing well, and getting their desired results!!!

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of only eating keto between 1pm-7pm and day 8 of eating keto. So far I'm not noticing additional benefits but I'm not as hungry as I was prior so that's nice. I'll keep up with it for awhile and if I don't see added benefits I'm not going to add the stress of not eating when I want to and I'll just stick to keto. I try to drink a lot of water and I do enjoy diet dew so I'll have that.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Not doing intermittent fasting, but I finally made over 40% fat intake! Went over protein goal for the first time ever! Anybody else peeing like a pregnant racehorse during this?
  • GitaMe
    GitaMe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    IF comes naturally to me almost. I started doing it for weightloss but with Keto it just works for me as a daily way of life. I actually feel more mentally focused at work if I skip breakfast. I get a little "edgy" about 1 to 2 hours after waking but it goes away after about 15 minutes.

When I wanted to build my fasting window, I did it slowly. I simply noted my start and stop time and would aim to extend that time by 10 or 15 minutes my next fasting day. It was a gentle way to build the window.
  • laparkerrn
    laparkerrn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at how natural IF is for me as well. The thought of it sounded insane before I started but now it just kind of flows with keto and my daily routine! I have been reading so much about all the benefits of IF and keto.
  • CanDee517
    CanDee517 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    IF has helped me to lose weight quickly and almost effortlessly. Combining that with keto is my next step. I do an 18:6 fast, but if I keep myself busy, I can push for a 20:4 and feel just fine. I'm making a grocery list (based on several blogs and pinterest) and I'm excited to get started. :#:#:#