Like Minded Lushes - October 2017

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    It's quiet in here. I thought maybe November thread had started, but nope!

I did pretty good this weekend. Drank most of the day Saturday and yesterday but I have not been hungover in like 3 weeks so I consider that success! I'll have my usual 0 on Monday and maybe another, but not making any promises.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It is very quiet. Busy lushes.

Good job on the no hangovers, Ashley. Last time I had one, I promised myself no more. At my age, I just can't deal with them. I did drink more wine than my usual over the weekend, but it was a slow, all day long sipping, so I woke up fine. I didn't sleep very well though, so there is still that balance I'm trying to work out. Overall, I think we are finally getting back to our somewhat normal routine here. The crazy anxiety I was experiencing has subsided to a manageable level (thank you regular exercise? I think that helps) I'm determined to make the holidays enjoyable this year!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The holidays have never been good for my anxiety issues. I will try to take care of myself- exercise and not over do it on the eating and drinking. Glad to see both Sydney and Ashley doing well! And that Robins issue has resolved. Going to let my lunch settle a bit and then on the the exercise bike. I rode the recumbent trike yesterday but it is too stormy out today. Good grief is it Thanksgiving next week? AHHHHHHHH!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Gary, I know the holidays are usually people's trigger for anxiety. But I guess my year has been so sh!tty that I'm kind of looking forward to the family time, even though not having my MIL around is going to be hard on everyone. I was listening/singing to music today as I put my groceries away and actually whispered to myself "is this what being happy feels like?" Of course, I could just be certifiable crazy and not know the difference :D

Talk to me in a couple of weeks when I'm getting my entire house painted and the carpets replaced. I'm sure my tune will change.
    Red wine, as usual.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving. The storm we had was crazy windy. At least we didn't lose power. So many people did. I have been moderating. Just plugging along. I hope you are all well.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hello ............... Hellooo ooooo ooooo any body there? :'(
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    c7ho9dj7gvdl.jpg
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Kate - congrats on the condo!
    Sydney- awww, love the baby pics :):)
    I cannot believe how fast time is going, what the heck? :#
    Just trying to maintain right now...
    Mon-1 beer
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs-2 glasses red
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hello all. I have been moderating quite well this week. I was going to have a 0 Monday, but got a tattoo and one added onto and I forgot how painful they are! It called for a beer. But only 1. Every other night I've been averaging 2 drinks. Tonight I'm going out with my friends for birthday dinner so likely I'll drink too much. I really want to try to not be hungover though so will try to watch it a little better than usual. I'm on about a 4 week streak of feeling like I am better moderating.

I've got to finish my work day out and a Monday hearing mid-morning and then I'm off until 11/27! Woo hoo!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving lushes!
  • rjadams
    Options
    TGIF lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    hi Ann! Good to see you.
    Good job on moderating, Ashley. Enjoy your time off!!

TGIF lushes! Short next week for everyone I hope :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes!! Glad to see the group is still going strong! I miss it here.

Work has been super busy & I complete forget that I can check the threads on my phone...whoops!

Hope everyone has a wonderful & lushy Thanksgiving!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Thanksgiving menu. 1st course lobster spring rolls with ponzu or peanut dipping sauces. 2nd course cranberry orange glazed quail with wild rice cranberry stuffing served with rainbow chard. 3rd course Belgian Endive with gorgonzola, pear and walnut salad. 4th course Cabernet Cherry venison with glazed carrots, celery root puree and prosciutto and shallot Brussel sprouts. 5th course black forest cake. this is an all day cook fest and each course is eaten separately. Just me and Doug and wine with every course. And mimosas to start the cooking day off right. I hope you all have an awesome foodie holiday with family and friends. Eat Drynke and be Merrie!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Wow Robin your menu sounds amazing!
    I was successful in moderating the first few days of the week with two on Sunday and a zero last night. I will continue until Thursday when the family will gather at our place for Thanksgiving. After that I plan on moderation. I do feel better in the morning when I havent over done it the night before.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi Bridget!!
    WOW Robin, that's quite an ambitious menu! Enjoy your day with Doug.
    We're headed to trivia night at the brewery this evening. Meeting another couple who's newly married son is in town with his wife. There should be about 10 of us or so. Always a good time and we hope that between us old folks and the millennials, we'll have all the answers and win! (I may sneak in some wine or partake in an edible since I don't really drink beer ;) )
    I'm making a cheesecake for Thanksgiving and bringing the booze. I have it easy
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving lushes! 85 degree temps here, we're enjoying my brother's outdoor kitchen/patio today! B):drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    8 am, the calm before the storm. Everyone will arrive here in a few hours. Enjoy Thanksgiving all!
  • rjadams
    Options
    The food all turned out amazing. It took us two days to get thru the menu but it was so worth it. Lots of wine was consumed but it was all good. I hope you all had great Thanksgiving holidays. Now it is on to Yule or Christmas or whatever. Bring it on. I am ready.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm avoiding the scale for a few days. Indulged in plenty of carbs and wine. Feeling very sluggish.
    I could use a 0. Maybe tonight?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sounds yummy!

We had fun with family. Drank a bit too much wine, but still knocked out a 5k on Thanksgiving. My diet wasn't awful but not great. May get a couple 0's this week. Starting keto diet so will see how that goes! I think I am only up a pound from a couple weeks ago. And by 2 weeks ago, I mean 2 Monday's ago. Which is always my highest weight day.