November 17 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Last two days we have looked to the past. Now it's time to gaze into your crystal ball and predict your future.

5jlzudxv2iy8.jpg

It is often said that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Do you prepare meals? Do you prepare workout schedules? Do you plan how to get to your ideal weight/size and stay there?

Being an INTJ I am big on plans. I like to know what is going on and how to get where I want to go. I got to my goal weight by having a plan. I stay at my goal weight by following a plan. I am only just starting my weekend and I already know most of the things that are planned to happen.

No plan survives first contact with the enemy (or implementation), so I often have contingency plans as well. :)

What's your plan?
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    November 17
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Pre-lunch walk ( missed the thunderstorm by less than 2 minutes. :) ).

Freshly home made ice cream and Pavlova for dessert tonight.

Preparing for late flight out Sunday. Monday may be a pass day as it will be 34 hours long with at least 26 of those being travelling.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I too am a planner.
    Friday's are rough with swimming Thursday night I am exhausted come Fri morning's and stiff. I somehow am always the opener too. :/ Exercise is done I don't feel as stiff plus my partner today always does a minimum of 6 miles I can do 2 . Have a great day everyone !!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    What's my plan.

I do like to have a plan but it's not always possible to follow through.
    I have my worked planned at work but someone or something usually throws a spanner in the works.
    Being a carer too I plan my husbands many appointments for my non working days. My needs tend to get fitted around everyone's else's needs and whilst I realise this is not ideal it is the way my
    Whole life has been. It is something i have come to accept many years ago, there was no other way around it. I do excercise daily and it will be any time that fits in. Likewise with my food I know what I like and make sure I have some things in that fits with my likings and my allowance.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    2rzxc6xy5iux.jpeg
    Here is a daytime view from our balcony of Volcano Turrialba. That white cloud at the top is not a cloud. It is a cloud of volcanic gas and ash.
  • RangerRickL
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @craigo3154 stared above that his personality type is INTJ. Mine is ENTP. If you Google those letters, you will know more about us. You too can go online and take a simple test to see your Meyer/Briggs results. It helps to have some empirical information about how your own onboard DNA wiring predisposes your choices. I cannot speak for Craig, but for me, it helps me develop strategies to overcome my known weaknesses.
    Rick
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Signing in 17/11/2017.

It was a good day.
    Calories within allowance ✅
    All food and drink logged ✅
    45 minutes walk and 30 minutes static bike✅

Surprised I have managed and had only 1 pass day this month so far- must focus.

Thank you for all the support and I hope you all have a great weekend.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    INTP here. I always plan my shopping and meals, but the rest is more "free-form ". Now I am no longer constrained by having to go to work I prefer a more loose structure to life. My overall goals are fairly well defined, but the details much more fuzzy.

Fairly good day today:

Exercise - Yes. 35 mins walking puppy in the sunshine.

Calories - Yes, on goal.

Tracking - Yes, all noted.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (swimming for 45 min and an hour of outdoor walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
    Whew! End of an extremely busy week for me! :wink:
    I am a pre-planner myself too. I plan and sometimes cook my meals a night before, if I don't have any time to eat due to work or school I choose to have a healthy snack (whole-wheat biscuit/sandwich/fruit etc.) which I always carry around with me. The only thing I can't always fit in my plans is exercise if I can't do anything that day I simply go out for a half an hour walk.
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    YES.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    YES.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    YES.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? y

I've been off track lately but now I'm back. looking forward to lots of exercise tomorrow as I hear into the Shenandoahs for a nice hike.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 17
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked/ran a little over 2 miles.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

I plan some things, but I can wing it too. As far as diet and exercise, I generally wing it. I eat what sounds good at the moment, and I exercise wherever I can fit it in according to how I'm feeling at that moment. I'm sure it sounds weird, but I loss 80 lbs doing it. The problem is, I gained 30 back because I obviously needed to do more planing while in maintenance. I learned my lesson though. When I get to my new goal weight this time, I'll really plan to maintain it.
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Calories yes
    Logging yes
    Exercise yes, weights and Pilates

I need to plan better. The last couple weeks I have been winging it and I haven’t lost an ounce this week so far.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep, 2 1/2 hour foam rolling workshop. I feel like I've been rolled out with a rolling pin ( in a good way )!!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    This was a recovery day after several days of unusually high amount of walking.
    Exercise: 40 minutes outside
    Tracking: ok
    Calories: under by 300+
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,284 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ yoga
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 17
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Exercise:Did 20 minutes on Nordic Trak, at new higher speed. Felt good. Also got in 10,016 steps and almost 2 hours active walking. Much better.

Well under on calories, with excellent macros.

Everything logged.