Russel Stover no sugar chocolates

Options
Do you eat them? How do you count them? They say 32g carbs for ten pieces. 6 g of fiber and 23g of sugar alcohol. I usually subtract fiber from my carb count but what do I do with sugar alcohol?

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    It depends, there are some that do have an impact on blood sugar levels. I think it's kind of trial and error for most people. I've heard several people say they subtract all fiber and sugar alcohols and others fiber and only half the sugar alcohol.

Also exercise caution because they can cause diarrhea in some people and if over consumed.
  • Phoenix_Dawn
    Phoenix_Dawn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I ate 7 lol. I hope that doesn't send me running to the toilet
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

Do keep us posted - can't wait for an update. (Pictures, or it didn't happen - !) :D
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :cold_sweat: Yeah I am not sure about the Russel Stover candies but just beware of the sugar free gummy bears they are Satan's spawn. I hope you don't get the Hershey squirts it isn't pleasant.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options

Yes, let's hope your body isn't overly sensitive to the crappy maltitol they use to sweeten their products. My body doesn't like maltitol at all so I stay far, far away from it. Good luck!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    For light bathroom reading, I might suggest the Amazon reviews for these and other SF candies and chocolates - a plethora of putrescent personal portraits painfully painted by prolific porcelain poets...
    A random example: "They will make people run screaming from your home from the green cloud that is emitted from your backside."
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    For light bathroom reading, I might suggest the Amazon reviews for these and other SF candies and chocolates - a plethora of putrescent personal portraits painfully painted by prolific porcelain poets...
    A random example: "They will make people run screaming from your home from the green cloud that is emitted from your backside."

love the alliteration!!! :D
  • Phoenix_Dawn
    Phoenix_Dawn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It turns out I was ok. But on a side note, it was my husbands birthday the same day so later that night I ate a large, sugary cupcake. A sugar bomb to say the least. It was so sweet, yet I still ate the whole thing. Within an hour I was dead tired and went to bed. I woke up with a migraine and nausea like I haven't had in months! It was awful, and I bet it was the cupcake that did me in.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    It turns out I was ok. But on a side note, it was my husbands birthday the same day so later that night I ate a large, sugary cupcake. A sugar bomb to say the least. It was so sweet, yet I still ate the whole thing. Within an hour I was dead tired and went to bed. I woke up with a migraine and nausea like I haven't had in months! It was awful, and I bet it was the cupcake that did me in.

No diarrhea, at least!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Careful of those sugar alcohols, they mimicked appendicitis in me, terribly painful.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Careful of those sugar alcohols, they mimicked appendicitis in me, terribly painful.

I am pretty sure I expelled my appendix, spleen, and pineal gland the first time I ingested sorbitol... :s
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    A well-meaning relative gave me a "no sugar added" pecan pie they bought...56g carbs, 22 of those sugar alcohols, and 480 cal per slice. My DH and I refer it it as the Diarrhea Pie. I could not pay any of the in-laws to take it. So it sits in the fridge and will likely be thrown out to give the woodland creatures the runs....
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    A well-meaning relative gave me a "no sugar added" pecan pie they bought...56g carbs, 22 of those sugar alcohols, and 480 cal per slice. My DH and I refer it it as the Diarrhea Pie. I could not pay any of the in-laws to take it. So it sits in the fridge and will likely be thrown out to give the woodland creatures the runs....

@baconslave

Please be careful about what is thrown out to the woodland creatures. If the pie contains xylitol extra caution is needed because it makes dogs extremely sick (seizures, liver failure) and can even be deadly so you would need to make sure no dogs eat the discarded pie. I'm not sure if it would kill the woodland creatures but I suspect that at the very least it would make them quite sick. You may be aware of this and were joking about throwing the pie out for the animals but I wasn't sure so I'm sharing this information just in case you or someone else reading the thread doesn't know about this.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »

@baconslave

Please be careful about what is thrown out to the woodland creatures. If the pie contains xylitol extra caution is needed because it makes dogs extremely sick (seizures, liver failure) and can even be deadly so you would need to make sure no dogs eat the discarded pie. I'm not sure if it would kill the woodland creatures but I suspect that at the very least it would make them quite sick. You may be aware of this and were joking about throwing the pie out for the animals but I wasn't sure so I'm sharing this information just in case you or someone else reading the thread doesn't know about this.

I was partially joking. But it's xylitol free. I checked.