Our grroup

Options
roseym10
roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
Good morning everyone! I see there ate seven of us now. Let’s find out more about each other. My name is Rose, I’m 54 (feel like 24!). I’m currently 173 lbs and would like to get down to around 145 or so. I work out 5 days a week, I do spin, Zumba, kickboxing, yoga, body pump, etc at the yMCA. I prefer group classes over machines. I try and stay to 1200 calories a day and log on MFP.. Im on medication that causes weight gain which I have working against me, I’ve put on 10 extra pounds since starting the meds. Im glad I found people my height with the same goal, most of the groups here are people with 80 or 100 lbs to lose.

Replies

• onlytati
    onlytati Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Tatiana, I live in Phoenix. I want to lose about 30 lbs. I'm 5'5", currently at 165. I'm 31 and my husband and I are trying for our first baby! So I want to be in the best shape possible.
  • autumnharrier
    autumnharrier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m Autumn! I just had my second baby (high risk and wasn’t allowed to work out at all), and then had a c-section, so I am nearing my approval to work out (2 more weeks!) . I am 165 and want to weigh less than 130. My ideal weight for my bone and muscle structure is 123 in my opinion, but I am nursing so I’m going to call it good at 130!
  • willow00
    willow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Sheila. I’m 5’4 and currently 152 (started at 161). I’d like to get to 140 and will re-evaluate there. I’ve got 2 kids & a full-time job, so I feel 0.5 lbs a week is a realistic goal for me. I do a hiit class twice a week and have been getting an hour’s walk in another 2 day’s a week. Looking forward to cheering each other on!
  • onlytati
    onlytati Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m Autumn! I just had my second baby (high risk and wasn’t allowed to work out at all), and then had a c-section, so I am nearing my approval to work out (2 more weeks!) . I am 165 and want to weigh less than 130. My ideal weight for my bone and muscle structure is 123 in my opinion, but I am nursing so I’m going to call it good at 130!

Congrats on the baby!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Dana! I live on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio. I'm 5'4 and 146.4 pounds as of today (-_- up like 3 pounds from the other day. Stupid holiday and football games!) I've lost about 10 pounds this year. I'm trying to get to around 120-125. I got married in September and I want my husband to have a hot wife! I currently do intermittent fasting and try to stick to 1200 calories per day during the week, tends to be more on the weekends which I'm ok with. I work an office job 8-5 Monday-Friday and I teach dance for 2-4 hours every night except Tuesdays after work. I don't have much time to workout except on the weekends :/ so I'm trying to focus on eating.

I turn 30 in April and I want to be at my goal weight to start the next decade off right.
  • roseym10
    Options
    Wow, you're right where I need to be at 146!

• DananaNanas
    Options
    roseym10 wrote: »
    Wow, you're right where I need to be at 146!

I started at around 157 I think (I've ditched my old scale for a new one. The one I started with was about 10 years old and not consistently giving me the same numbers even when stepping off and back on). I have to say 146 feels MUCH better than where I started and it may be a great maintenance weight for you but I'm still not content to stay here. Of course, everyone is different :)

• aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m Aleika 5’4 146.5 lbs mom of four girls! Currently at 1200 calories because I wasn’t losing at 1400. I take a daily walk/jog while I push a stroller with my toddler, 3 to 5 miles about 4-5 times a week. My goal weight is 120 lbs and i have lost 3.5 lbs so far.... 26 lbs until I reach goal!
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Hi @aleikita! Looks like we're about the same minus my lack of toddler. I have a 15 month old dog? lol
  • deauxgirl2
    deauxgirl2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm joining in a bit late, but maybe y'all are still around. I'm a little under 5'4, but I always round up to make me feel taller :) I started trying to lose weight a month ago (SW 171) and my CW is 164.5. I want to be around 140lbs. About 12 lbs stuck on me after child I had (I have three girls). I workout 3-4 times per week usually doing Fitness Blender videos and I try to stay around 1200 calories. But it seems that I normally eat 1500. My mini goal is to be 160 by March 6, which is my birthday. It will be tough.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Welcome @deauxgirl2 ! I'm still around :) we pretty much all check in on the accountability thread on Saturdays so feel free to join us there!
  • aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome it’s good to see a new face!
  • roseym10
    Options
    Welcome. You have similar goals to mine.