Susan's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    OMAD for the win! Ha, I like your enthusiasm.
    Hey there will be many days that the scale won't budge, and sometimes go up a little. Stay in for the long haul though, it's a marathon not a sprint.
    You're doing great!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I've gone through different stages where I really needed a once a week splurge day and also where I didn't eat it. It's better to not have them short term for weight loss but if it is necessary for long term keeping on the diet, that is better than not doing the diet.
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    CW 168.8
    GW 128.0

Good morning!!

OMAD is still going strong, but I am up .8 pounds this morning. I'm not going to sweat it, the weight will come off.

I read an article on realfarmacy.com that referred to a study that proved fasting for 48-72 hours literally resets your immune system. The human body is amazing, and I'm saddened by the years of crap that I fed mine in the name of "health." I've learned so much in the last six months, and wish I could turn back the clock and feed my kids, husband, and myself properly from the beginning.

Grocery shopping was intetesting this weekend......I really didn't need to shop at all. My husband is traveling for work this week, so it's just my daughter and me. The freezer is well stocked, so we are set for dinner all week. My daughter has breakfast and lunch stuff on hand, and I no longer need to buy those items. Nice!

Enjoy your Sunday!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Isn’t it amazing how much less food we have to buy?! It is fantastic!
    Also, being a parent and holding the responsibility of feeding your family is such an enormous job. You did the best you could to the extent of your knowledge and energy at the time, and I’m sure you did it with love. Don’t diminish yourself!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Every time I eat Mexican I bloat up and it take a couple day to go away. Most of the time its about 1.5lbs of bloat.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Every time I eat Mexican I bloat up and it take a couple day to go away. Most of the time its about 1.5lbs of bloat.

That happens to me with Chinese food. I have gone up as much as 5 pounds actually!
  • smahan2010
    Options

YEEEESSSSS! I would say that I will never eat Mexican food again, but that would be a LIE! I ended up with 2 pounds of bloat.... and am drinking tons of water to try and loose it. Thanks for the confirmation; it's a big help!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I figure it's totally worth it. Because Mexican!! :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. It is only water weight. Just get on the diet and drink water and it will go away in a couple of days!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I figure it's totally worth it. Because Mexican!! :)

You're my girl. ❤
  • smahan2010
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. It is only water weight. Just get on the diet and drink water and it will go away in a couple of days!

Thank you!!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 168.8
    GW 120.0

It's Tuesday, and I'm still pushing away the water weight from my first weekend on OMAD. I will manage weekends better, and am giving myself a break after my first go-round.

Speaking of firsts......yesterday was my first year anniversary since I quit smoking. Regardless of the weight I added to my middle, I'm so glad to be a non-smoker!

My daughter has an orchestra concert at her school tonight, and I'm really looking forward to that. I have one of our favorite keto meals prepped and ready: ground beef and cabbage. I didn't eat ground beef unless it was in cheeseburger form before keto, and now I love it. We buy ours from Fresh Thyme, and I get 85% lean only....fats are good!! I brown it with onion, drain, add Kerry Gold, chicken bouillon, lots of pepper and chopped cabbage and cook it until soft. We serve it with full-fat cottage cheese (Organic Valley if you can find it). My whole family eats it like we're savages. It's inexplicably delicious. Honestly, I think it has to do with the quality of the ingredients...I now buy organic/pasture raised/natural environment foods whenever I can. What's amazing is that when I started shopping "clean" my grocery bill dropped, even though I bought much higher quality.

Ok, that's it for the babble today.

Have a great Tuesday!

• smahan2010
    Options
    CW 164.4
    GW 120.0

Good morning! It's cold in the midwest this morning, and there's SNOW on the radar! I guess it's time, but still.

My routine turns a bit more normal today....my first weekend OMAD wasn't perfect, but it was fine. Monday was my one-year anniversary of quitting smoking (yay me!) and my daughter took me to dinner (Thai. Yum!) to celebrate. Last night she had an orchestra concert, so dinner was rushed...tonight, we're just HOME.

The weekend weight is gone, and it bolsters me to stay with it. Given how I've eaten the last 3 of 4 days, I'm happy with that.

Progress is a beautiful thing.

Have a great day!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Congrats! Progress is good! Special kudos on your anniversary of quitting smoking. That is great!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    What a great drop, and congrats on your no-smoke-a-versary!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    smahan2010 wrote: »
    CW 164.4
    GW 120.0

Good morning! It's cold in the midwest this morning, and there's SNOW on the radar! I guess it's time, but still.

My routine turns a bit more normal today....my first weekend OMAD wasn't perfect, but it was fine. Monday was my one-year anniversary of quitting smoking (yay me!) and my daughter took me to dinner (Thai. Yum!) to celebrate. Last night she had an orchestra concert, so dinner was rushed...tonight, we're just HOME.

The weekend weight is gone, and it bolsters me to stay with it. Given how I've eaten the last 3 of 4 days, I'm happy with that.

Progress is a beautiful thing.

Have a great day!

That's a big loss, KUTGW
  • smahan2010
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words yesterday about my awesome weight loss! Unfortunately, it was a typo, lol. I lost a pound, not 4 pounds. I'd love to have a whoosh like that!! <3

CW 166.4 (really)
    GW 120.0

I am starting to be less and less hungry during the day, and I'm not really hungry when it's time for my one-meal. I'm beginning to see how people manage extended fasts.

My mind tells me I'm hungry in the morming, and it wants me to stop at Starbucks for coffee and a treat on mt way to work. Ain't happening! Black coffee or water and the urge to eat and drink crap passes. I recognize the difference between the urge to eat and hunger. I love OMAD so much.

I love seeing the scale drop. Seriously, I actually look forward to getting on the scale. I know there will be days that the weight doesn't drop, but it has dropped every day when I follow OMAD and eat sensibly.

Have a great day!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A pound is great too :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    It's working for you!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Any loss is a loss! I'm a slow loser and I figure it's better if I'm inching down than inching up!