Susan's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Any loss is a loss! I'm a slow loser and I figure it's better if I'm inching down than inching up!

Truth.
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 165
    GW 120

Learned this week that I am a stress eater. Truly did not think I was, but I am. My husband was one of the lucky travelers stranded in Atlanta due to the ice and snow. Unfortunately, that 48 hour ordeal meant that he missed our son's high school graduation. No rental cars available, no flights available....there was simply no getting around the storm. I consoled my heartbreak by eating three meals, all filled with carbs and none of them healthy.

Graduation was wonderful, and I was back on track yesterday. Husband is home, and we're celebrating today.

Thank the good Lord, I didn't gain weight.

Now that I know stress triggers eating for me, I hope to be able to control it better.

Have a great Sunday!

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! And it's much easier to control habits we don't want if we know what causes them. I'm a total boredom eater, food it the first thing I think about when I get the least bit bored...
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 164.6
    GW 120.0

Weekends are proving to be my challenge, especially during the holidays. My weight was once again up on Monday after the weekend, and now it's dropped and I'm back on the downward trend. I know it's water weight. Sunday I weighed 165, Monday and Tuesday I weighed 167.6. This morning I'm 3 pounds lighter. But I'm also lower than I have been in a while. I'm curious to see where I go over the next few days. My body is seriously changing. Can't wait for my weekend pictures and measurement.

My husband is playing with OMAD. I'M SO HAPPY! He eats one meal a day, but doesn't really fast. He'll have juice in the morning or have a peice of candy when he pops into my office at work. If the weight drops on him, I suspect he'll turn hard-core and that might make weekends a bit easier.

Happy Hump Day!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 163.8
    GW 120.0

Holy cow hallelujah I lost more weight! I'm finding that too much creamy dairy results in an almost immediate stall. So, moderation, moderation.

Onward, Susan.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Yea Susan!!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Right on!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Great losses, Susan!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your husband being stranded -- I'm sure that was really hard.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yay for the loss!!! Congratulations to your son but sorry that your husband missed it and glad that he made it home safely :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Nice on the loss!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 164.4
    GW 120.0

OMAD is such an interesting way to eat. I find myself less and less hungry, but enjoying my one meal more than ever. That's pretty cool for a foodie.

I bumped up .6 pounds and have stayed there for two days now. Thursday night...too many carbs/calories. Yesterday, I ate early in the day and ended up having cheese and crackers with wine. We'll see what happens....the weight may creep up a little more, and it may not.

I find that if I have OMAD and stick to low carb and minimal creamy dairy the weight falls off. Since it's the holidays, I'm not going to worry if I have a night like last night; I'll get back on track the next morning.

OMAD has changed my life.

Happy Saturday!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I agree about the carbs, if I have at least 3 LC days a week the weight comes off better...Have a great weekend :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I LOVE cheese, crackers (when gluten-free, of course!), and wine. If I could sustain myself on those, I would in a heartbeat. I had a whole month pre-OMAD when I had a regular meal for lunch and just cheeses and wine for my dinners, and it was PERFECT. I will likely start that again in maintenance. It was the best!
    Happy Saturday to you!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 165.6
    GW 120.0

Oops! Kidding....I kind of suspected this, OMAD is just so much harder for me on the weekend. My husband and I have a tradition of going out for breakfast while we're running errands, and then we went out to dinner with friends last night.

It's ok. KETO dinner tonight, hope NOT to end up out for breakfast, haha, and then I should be back on track.

I'll get the weekend dialed in soon.

Oh, I've pretty much given ip my coffee habit and have switched to tea instead. *Mind Blown*

Happy Sunday, and have a blessed Christmas week.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Not a huge jump and worth it to spend time with your hubby :)
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 166.6
    GW 120.0

Whew! Made it through Christmas, through vacation, through parties and through the land of baked holiday goodies.

I stopped OMAD because I just couldn't keep it going, but at the same time, I didn't consider it a license to eat, either. All in all, I'm not unhappy with my gain. I actually thought it would be worse.

I'm back on track, started my fast last night. I'm enjoying an early mornning cup of green tea instead of coffee with milk and sugar. Progress!

Happy Tuesday!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 165.2
    GW 120.0

The scale gave me lots of encouragement this morning. Happy to be back on OMAD, happier still to have gotten a little scale-love. I don't care if it's water weight, temporary or just a fluke....I'll take it.

I had the world's biggest taco salad last night, and it was anything but low carb, which really is my goal. I even had dessert and a glass of milk.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a delicious meal. That is the great thing about OMAD, the freedom to eat what we enjoy.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    One OMAD and your Christmas weight came right back off :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    One OMAD and your Christmas weight came right back off :)

If you think about it, a huge splurge say 3500 calories more than TDEE which is a very large splurge, would result in worst case, a 1-lb gain. I'm sure the real gain is less. That is why I don't worry about a holiday splurge. I will gain 2-5 lbs but it is water and food weight and will be gone with a couple days of OMAD. Now if I did that several days in a row, that is another story!