Susan's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    CW 164.0
    GW 120.0

Woooooooooohoo! Losses, two days in a row. I'm .2 pounds from my lowest weight. My BMI is 29.1, which is also down.

I feel really good, and am super motivated. My husband has also been strict OMAD for a couple of days, and has dropped 2 pounds, too.

Hoping that this holiday weekend goes as well as the last for weight loss.

Happy Thursday!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    One OMAD and your Christmas weight came right back
    blambo61 wrote: »
    One OMAD and your Christmas weight came right back off :)

If you think about it, a huge splurge say 3500 calories more than TDEE which is a very large splurge, would result in worst case, a 1-lb gain. I'm sure the real gain is less. That is why I don't worry about a holiday splurge. I will gain 2-5 lbs but it is water and food weight and will be gone with a couple days of OMAD. Now if I did that several days in a row, that is another story!

Well, I never had a lot of calories necessarily, but I took a 5 day break from fasting. I didn't watch carbs, I didn't eat high fat. For those reasons, I'm happy for my limited gain and thrilled for the loss. What's odd to me is that on a normal weekend break from OMAD I've gained 4 to 5 pounds.
  • smahan2010
    Options

Right?!??
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

If you think about it, a huge splurge say 3500 calories more than TDEE which is a very large splurge, would result in worst case, a 1-lb gain. I'm sure the real gain is less. That is why I don't worry about a holiday splurge. I will gain 2-5 lbs but it is water and food weight and will be gone with a couple days of OMAD. Now if I did that several days in a row, that is another story!

Exactly!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    smahan2010 wrote: »
    CW 164.0
    GW 120.0

Woooooooooohoo! Losses, two days in a row. I'm .2 pounds from my lowest weight. My BMI is 29.1, which is also down.

I feel really good, and am super motivated. My husband has also been strict OMAD for a couple of days, and has dropped 2 pounds, too.

Hoping that this holiday weekend goes as well as the last for weight loss.

Happy Thursday!

Yay!!! You got this :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

Right?!??

Takes me 2-3 days and big splurge day affects are gone.
  • Brendalea69
    Options

Right?!??

Depends on how many splurge days I have but it's usually 1 OMAD day for each splurge day :)
  • smahan2010
    Options

Right?!??

Depends on how many splurge days I have but it's usually 1 OMAD day for each splurge day :)

This is all really helpful. I appreciate that you're both taking the time to help educate me!!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 164.0
    GW 120.0

No change in weight from yesterday. I'd hoped to drop some more since I'm so close to my lowest weight, but today is not the day. No gain, though, so I'll take it!

TGIF and bye-bye 2017!
  • blambo61
    Options
    CW 164.0
    GW 120.0

No change in weight from yesterday. I'd hoped to drop some more since I'm so close to my lowest weight, but today is not the day. No gain, though, so I'll take it!

TGIF and bye-bye 2017!

You might have still lost. If you ate below TDEE, you lost. Water fluctuations obscure things so just stick it out! To 2018!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success, Susan! I wish I would've adopted your mindset over the holidays - one day of OMAD can't fix my train wreck!
    So happy for you!!!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    Thank you, Britt.....but today I'm 165.4. I know it's water weight. It comes and goes, but I'm keeping myself on track. OMAD is key, that's the answer for me.
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 164.0
    GW 120.0

TGIF and bye-bye 2017!

You might have still lost. If you ate below TDEE, you lost. Water fluctuations obscure things so just stick it out! To 2018!

Definitely ate below TDEE. I'm sure it's water weight today, as I'm up. Always fluctuating, it seems! :smile:
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    CW 164.0
    GW 120.0

TGIF and bye-bye 2017!

You will get back to your lowest weight and lower :) Next year is almost here, Bye Bye 2017!!!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 164.0
    GW 120.0

TGIF and bye-bye 2017!

You will get back to your lowest weight and lower :) Next year is almost here, Bye Bye 2017!!!

*high five*
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    You've got this, Susan! Water weight be damned.
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 165.4
    GW 120.0

This weight fluctuation makes sense now: pms

This post is probably better for the girls.....move along, guys.

51 years old, having a period every 3 to 4 months. I know I'm at the end of perimenopause and am transitioning, finally, and I'm so ready to be done.

I wonder what transitioning does to hormones and weight gain (or, could it be possible to lose easily once the war within settles down?).

I'm going to stay the course, because as with all things, this too shall pass.

Happy New Year!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I'm 48 and was in perimenopause and my periods would come and hang on for weeks so I had a uterine ablation and I haven't had a period for almost a year...I still get the feeling and the bloating but that's it...I was told by many people that I would gain weight but I proved them all wrong!!!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    CW 163.4
    GW 120.0

Dropped another two pounds. I'm so, so, so happy that I made it through the holidays without gaining.

Restarting my yoga practice, and am throwing in some cardo starting this weekend.

If I could get out of the 160s, I'd really feel like I'm getting somewhere.

I love OMAD!
  • blambo61
    Options
    your getting close to 150s!