(Phase 2) Week #2 General Discussion and Support Thread

Options
Hello everyone, you may have seen this in the weigh in thread - but here it is again
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nB6MqxlYZvxazq1SOQZvPMZE2DYn_IRyz7Jr0DfjuWA/edit?usp=sharing

Next week we're going to be turning in a sheet on Sunday - so hopefully you know, we'll get everyone in on that and have fun. If it stresses you out and you don't feel like it's useful though - hey that's alright. It's new, it's a trial, but hey maybe it will morph into something kick-@ss for the new year.

Have a great week everyone!

Replies

• explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm anxious. Tomorrow is the day I find out if it's even still possible for me to beat the program I signed up for 5 weeks ago. I've been cutting it really close even though I've followed the plan to the letter and I'm kind of terrified about what that might mean for my body and what it's doing.

I should be able to do it. Regardless, one week from tomorrow is a big scheduled cheat day for me because that's the day I no longer have a tight deadline to lose a certain number of pounds. Whether I succeeded or not, I'm at least having a donut, dammit!
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    @explodingmango -- Good luck with the program, what do you mean about 'terrified about what that might mean for my body and what it's doing' -- intriguing! Are you allowed to talk about the program you've been doing? Need deets!

Gratitude Monday

1. My husbands work gave us a family pool pass. It has limitations and I have to drive over to the 'big' town to use it but that might be fun. I haven't been in a swim suit in years.

2. I had time to paint this weekend and my landscape practice piece turned out really well.

3. I was able to volunteer on Friday and walk 4 miles in the woods & my kitty cat is feeling better.

I am setting my goals for this week. I would like to do Yoga everyday this week and do IF and fasting for 5 days out of the week this week.

This will be a slow week for me (fingers crossed) so I hope move forward. Got my sheet right here, scribbled my weekly goals at the bottom so I won't forget - GTG as my kids say.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @explodingmango All the best to you. I hope you receive good news.

I printed off my worksheet and I'm excited to get started. I'm probably not going to be winning any fruit basket awards. I have small list of veggies I'll actually eat and I don't eat more then 1 serving of fruit a day. I suppose that'll be something I can work on.

Gratitude Monday
    Despite my stand-still in the weight-loss area, I am so happy to have made this change in my life and I am no longer as heavy or big as I was before. I feel so much better and my clothes fit nice. I have a large frame, so even when I do tell people my actual weight, they don't believe me. I still want to lose at least another 40 lbs, then I'll be satisfied.

I hope you all have a great week!
  • MmamabearR
    Options
    Found this to calculate my % weight loss (gain)
    https://www.fitwatch.com/calculator/weight-loss-percentage/
  • MmamabearR
    Options
    One more thought - since you put a place on the worksheet for us to keep track of our steps, can we get a Gold Sneaker sticker award, too? Depending on how many participants there are, maybe we can do a Gold, Silver, and Bronze award :)
  • MmamabearR
    Options
    Mornin' y'all! I did my first DVD yesterday. It was a great workout and I love it. I'm psyched about continuing and I really want to work on doing every single one. There is a workout for every day, usually no more than 30-40 mins, and even an option to do additional stretching on my rest day.

I got 4 pts yesterday. I could have had 5, but I was 4 oz shy of the water goal. I thought about getting the extra 4, but in the end, I just didn't make the effort. Ugh!

I'm getting lonely here. Come on everyone! Drop a hello, add a smiley, even a frowney.

@ccrdragon , @explodingmango , @meat513, @plainanjelik - I'm calling on you cause I know you've popped in from time to time, so it'd be nice to see you more.

@cnavarro002 - i know you probably have limited mobility since your knee surgery. Let us know how you are doing.
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    I posted earlier, not sure where it went though so maybe had too many tabs open and posted it somewhere else and people are now trying to determine who Mmamabear and Exploding Mango are ;-P

I had a productive day. I've been painting again. I have so much fun at my paints but it's better in art school or some place someone can come in and proclaim, "GENIUS!!" Haha, I hate to admit it, but I miss that.

Since I transplanted to the west coast I've felt lost. I don't understand the culture, I'm not sure if there is a culture, and I don't know where I fit in. But lately volunteering for the fort and being out in the woods, I think I've found my people and my voice, well - it's a start. Here are the two pieces I worked on today. Landscapes are my serious work but when I want to goof off I paint florals because they're fun.

I haven't actually sold any ... well I take that back, I was at a tiny show in someone's barn and a lady bought a painting I did of an apple. So yeah, my fine art has netted me $25 - but tomorrow the world right?

Ul66vr_EUjk6gg_Dc0t_Vyl_XFe_Cn_CYQCQh_Swk_LAXrks_Kp_Seo_SH9_Tz_Ci_Sq6_FZxe_CK5i3_Bd_Vkz_U89_Pyr_Ptj_Asmzij_ZVgg_R_i44lq6_Ddkr_HXTE6d_VEin9_VGRZJFv_HAg5us2_FYVj_G8_IKJD6y4_Y_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

So what are some weird fact about y'all? Here is my weird fact, my hair is white and has been since my mid 30's. I dye it with plant dyes henna and indigo. Working with plant dyes is cool, it's part cooking part art.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Oregon runner, I dye my white hair too, all 3 of them, about once a year.
    Not an artistic bone in my body. Accountant and mathematician through and through.
    Just learning to cook all over again. When my kids grew up and I got divorced, I went
    From cooking for 5,6,7 or more to cooking for one. Was hard and not fun at all. But
    I have started to enjoy it again, and quite easy to cook for 2 or 3. Now + leftovers.
    Went from 75 in Oklahoma yesterday to Brrrrr today. Had to hunt up long pants and a
    Sweater. Bought shoes that aren't flip flops or sandals last week. Be prepared!

• MmamabearR
    Options
    Your paintings look great @OregonRunner5. I don't have an artistic bone in my body. We're having some weather issues ourselves @corinasue1143. Monday was near 80, but by yesterday we were in the upper 40s. Today we're expected to get a dusting of snow but by Friday we'll be sunny and in the sixties!

I actually love colder weather. It puts me in the mood to crochet. I love to crochet, mostly for family and friends. I've given scarves, blankets, and wraps. Right now, I'm finishing up a wrap. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

As for weird thing about me, I have no clue. I'm all weird according to a lot of people, but I got so used to ignoring them, I can't think of anything. I asked my husband and he said my weird habit is talking to traffic, but doesn't everybody? If I think of something, I'll let you know!

j7vwl94bv130.jpg

• OregonRunner5
    Options
    @corinasue1143 -- I hear ya', my hair when it's white it's transparent and it just doesn't look like I have any hair. That and it falls out, by the handful (luckily was born with super thick hair so now that it's super thin it's still on my head but I'm 42 - thinking as time goes on I'm going to invest in hats, scarves...)...anyway... so in my selfies and stuff - it looks like I have mange, big bald patches wherever the white has grown back in at the roots. Eh' getting older I guess. I like the henna though, there is also clear henna that just conditions hair and makes it lay down. My hair is naturally curly / FRIZZY and has been my problem from "waaaa' (birth).

I can't do math to save my life, I tend to flip numbers in reverse order all the time. My husband loves math and accounting so he handles anything number related ;-P

How is the weather where everyone is at? Corinasue said it's cold in Oklahoma - yeah when that wind picks up across the plains it's REAL, whew. I remember that! We have a rare sunny day here and I'm about to head out to the park so gotta get moving!

Today is MOTIVATE ME WEDNESDAY
    (how do I remember this stuff? Google Calendar, I setup reminders for all kinds of stuff, and also I use Habitica and set up reminders and task lists. I'm lost without reminders and lists! Haha)

inspire_me.jpg

My cat brought me another rat this morning - #4 for December! #I'm loved

@MmamabearR -- in the lost post I made, I said that I had added the link to the percentage finder (thank you so much for that! See above where I can't do math - AT ALL. And I also added the golden sneaker challenger.

I think on Mondays instead of Gratitude we'll have goal setting - although gratitude is always a good way to start out the week, so is just knowing what you want to accomplish no matter how big or small.

• MmamabearR
    Options
    @MmamabearR -- in the lost post I made, I said that I had added the link to the percentage finder (thank you so much for that! See above where I can't do math - AT ALL. And I also added the golden sneaker challenger.

Yay! I don't mind math, but some things are too much for my brain.

I added a new thing to encourage my steps called My Virtual Mission, where you plot out a course then enter the total mileage you walked, ran, swam, or any movement you can calculate, and it'll show you how far you've made it along your course. I'm currently walking across Long Island :)

My hair issue is major split and damaged ends. I also have frizzy hair, so I have to straighten everyday. I'm going to look up that clear henna and see if it'll work for me. It'd save me 15 mins every morning and hopefully my ends, too.
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    Hmm, just looked up My Virtual Mission -- looks fun! I was using World Walking for awhile but will check into VM, I need to start that again, I think I would get more steps and have more fun getting them.

I really like the henna from HennaKing.Com

My scale is inching back up, I've gotten a bit into too many holiday treats lately and can't seem to stop eating on the weekend. Going to go setup a step challenge now and got to get in Yoga before my day gets going. :)
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    Oh! I just saw the hedgehog pic! Hahaha, love it! <3

I always talk to traffic too, but my car has a traffic cam so it actually gets to record me talking to traffic. I hope I'm never in an accident where they pull the audio.

I talk to other people's pets, I think that might be weird. My neighbors dog will talk back to me, she's an elderly grey muzzled obese yellow lab and she just makes all these noises back at me when I talk to her. She always remembers me too even if I'm down the street walking she knows it's me. Love that doggie. ;-P

I can't have a dog in my rental, but I have a cat and today I'm buying a FISH! Huzzah!

Okay seriously - gotta do my Yoga -- I always procrastinate about the Yoga and I find it boring, but it makes me feel so amazingly good afterward, my body stops hurting.
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory Friday

I set out to do some real deal yoga this week and keep after it everyday and so far so good. I signed up for the 'My Virtual Mission' and am going from home down the 101 Pacific Highway through Oregon and California some 2,000 miles. It's really cool seeing street views I know. Right now I'm on the Young's Bay Bridge, put in 3 miles yesterday.

• MmamabearR
    Options
    Ooo! That sounds awesome. I am doing good, but the street views of my current progress are not great. I need to pick a more scenic route for my next mission.

my non scale victory is going shopping for smaller sized clothing. with winter here, I need to update my wardrobe. i even had to buy a smaller sized jacket because my other one ballooned around me and wasn't keeping my warm. I feel pretty, oh, so pretty :blush:
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    @MmamabearR -- wow cool - <3 clothes shopping :D

Walked 15,000 steps today and did trail patrol and had a lot of fun. Found a new bird a 'sapsucker' a kind of woodpecker looking birdie. And an eagle was bringing a stick to its nest, kinda weird in December wonder if it's just an over achiever? Is he the Tony Robbins of the bird world? Does he say things like, "the nest doesn't get you - you get your nest", does he have a dream about having the best nest in the park and he's like "MAXIMUM EFFORT!" every. single. day. It's a hustle to be that eagle. He could be catching Salmon but instead he's trying to build a nest before Typhoon season. Gold star Eagle. Gold star.

Maybe it was just an exceptional stick. ;-P

GEN 3 Pokemon is out - so gotta catch them all. Night!

• OregonRunner5
    Options
    paula_shackles_art_dec2017.jpg

6,000 steps today, finished my paintings. Painting is just a matter of hanging in there and adding layers. People just usually stop too early with frustration or they skimp on the paint and rub in bad paint with the wrong brush and worry about taking chances.

Since I kinda feel like I'm talking to myself at this point so I'll continue I guess - in art and in anything that you do where you take an artistic chance (or maybe any chance) complete dicks are going to show up and tell you you're not good enough, the work is worthless, it's not substantial. Anytime you put yourself out there adversity shows up. Anyway, that's part of one of those talks I'm always giving the young people in my life, whether I'm teaching or hanging out with my kids. I usually conclude with - it doesn't matter because the world is large enough for your vision, large enough for you to have space, keep going and you'll eventually find your audience.
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    Hey all, I've been thinking about it and I believe I'll leave MFP. There just isn't much happening on here. It's so dead. I think most people are probably on Facebook or something these days anyway or the big groups for low carb etc.

I'm basically just here for this one group and I love you guys, but I know you're all busy with other stuff especially at Christmas time.

It's probably time to just call it quits. Bets of luck to you all, feel free to go on without me! ((hugs)) Much love!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Oregon Runner, your pictures turned out beautiful, didn't they?
    I didn't know they were going to from looking at them earlier, cause my mathematical mind just didn't compute.

Went to watch my granddaughter play basketball tonight. Couldn't really tell if she's a good player or not. Our team only won
    By about 15 points, but they played their best players all night, and our bench played more than our players. She looked like a
    Super star against them, but all of our girls did.

Have been eating TDEE and not exercising for a couple of weeks. Keep saying I have to find some exercise, but I don't seem to
    Follow through. I just hate cold weather and seem to hibernate. I am beginning to see why I always gain weight every winter. Coffee
    With milk, hot chocolate, hot tea with just a little sugar, or a small snack. You just don't realize, because it's only a few calories, but I
    Guess even just a few multiplied by 150 or so days can add pounds.
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I've been thinking about it and I believe I'll leave MFP. There just isn't much happening on here. It's so dead. I think most people are probably on Facebook or something these days anyway or the big groups for low carb etc.

I'm basically just here for this one group and I love you guys, but I know you're all busy with other stuff especially at Christmas time.

It's probably time to just call it quits. Bets of luck to you all, feel free to go on without me! ((hugs)) Much love!
    Aww don't leave us now!! I don't have a Facebook page! There's a lot going on up there for me! "Too Much"Ur the best! And so supportive to us all. I will be sad to see you go! I hope you change your mind about leaving!! You're doing an amazing job!