Like Minded Lushes - October 2017

Options

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    We had a very nice Thanksgiving. Had company for a week. Consumed WAY too many carbs. Looking forward to carb detoxing this week. As with some of you- I hope to get a few zeros in this week!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    And the week marches on.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Good Thanksgiving here as well but like so many of you- WAY to much alcohol...last night I finally got a zero. o:)
    Tonight probably not though, hubby is already teasing me with a nice bottle of red he bought...ugh, I'm so weak.... :#
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Me too, Ann. We got some cool weather finally, so red wine is perfect. I am upping my exercise though, so do feel better about that.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    I got a zero in last night as well! Now if I can string a couple together, and exercise, and watch what I eat....
  • rjadams
    Options
    I have such ambitions when I get up and while driving to work. Then when I get home I have none and non of it gets done. Then I start the cycle over the next day.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I hear you, Robin. Then that's followed up by beating myself up about it. It's not a healthy cycle to put ourselves in. :'(
    I'm in the calm before the storm when the painters and carpet guys come next week. I have a list a mile long of things I need to do. Why didn't someone remind me that replacing carpets is pretty much just like moving??!! ACK! The plus side to it all? I'm hoping I burn a few calories doing all this. Which of course will be countered with plenty of wine. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    edited November 2017
    Options
    thanks Syd. Doug is sick again so it has been a long week. I have been dreaming hard this week about remodeling the kitchen. I Even pretend ordered my cabinets. but there is so much other stuff that needs to be done first. I need an ambition potion that will get my *kitten* in gear.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes. No 0's here but only 1 Monday and 2 each Tuesday/Wednesday.

I've been sticking with the keto diet and am down 3.5 pounds from Monday as of this morning. I know a lot is water weight but I am thrilled and not feeling deprived. Here's to hoping I can not totally derail from the diet and booze moderation this weekend when we head out of town!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I feel ya, Robin. My kitchen needs work as well but I've decided to wait after the holidays. It's just too overwhelming to think about right now.
    Congrats, Ashley!! I finally got on the scale and am up 1 1/2 pounds. I'm hoping to take care of that by next week.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Happy Friday lushes!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I am so freakin' happy it is Friday. Oh and it is the first of the month. New thread or hold out until 2018?
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I vote for holding out for 2018... :p
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yup, may as well just wrap up the year here. I'm sure the lushes will be busy with the holidays.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Perhaps we can post threads by seasons? That way we get four a year and they set the theme for the quarter. :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Great idea Gary
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    My cat is in the hospital and my house is torn up. :'( I will be losing weight this week and I will be drinking
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin- thanks!
    Sydney- Sorry to hear about your cat. This has not been your year. I am looking forward to hearing about how your house turns out!

Sunday and Monday both two. Starting out the week with a little moderation!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sunday was 3 ciders. Monday I had a cider and 2 small glasses of wine. Tonight is a holiday social. I'll try to moderate. My diet is still going well. Down 4 pounds since last Monday.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks, Gary. :* cat is home recovering and doing much better. I may just sleep tonight.
    My house is still a damn mess.
    Ashley, 4 lbs is amazing!