New Points

Options
Al_Howard
Al_Howard Posts: 8,142 Member
If you're still on WW, if you push the tracker out as far as it'll go (usually the day BEFORE your weigh-in) You can play with it. It'll show the old SOPs, but, when you enter it into the tracker, it'll go to the new points.
This is the list, if it works for you.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s51/sh/51839b0b-1bc2-498c-af6c-b9d26b1a629a/543f820e4b55335f

Replies

• susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Early this morning my tracker had switched to the new plan. But now it's back to the current (soon to be old) plan. Guess WW technology hasn't changed.
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    Go forward till the last you can get to. Should be the day before your weigh-in day.
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @Al_Howard. That was today. My weigh-in day is tomorrow. It changed, then changed back. Not a problem. I'm going to weigh-in for my December Lifetime check-in tomorrow and will get the program materials.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Yup me too tomorrow.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thank you for the list @Al_Howard. Beans, Fish & Lean Proteins are on it and can be cooked and stills stay 0. I will watch with interest over the next couple of months before making any decisions. I will then probably double track my MFP log over to see how it works out.
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    IF you are still a member, the Weekly (bottom right on the My Day page) has some more info.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Al_Howard . Good to get a sneak peek. As it turns out we've got a Winter Storm Warning on my meeting day later this week so I might miss all the hoopla and just start in on it!
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    Hey, if it's less than 2 feet, you have NO excuse! LOL
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    Hey, if it's less than 2 feet, you have NO excuse! LOL

Well Al, they're saying the north part of the County (bordering on Lake Erie) might get up to 20 inches. Where I live in the southern part, less than an inch! Guess I'll go to my meeting after all!
  • jasper60103
    jasper60103 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WW seems to be drifting more down the the rigid diet path.
    I added 10 points to my daily target.
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is what I thought of the Smart points plan.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    WW seems to be drifting more down the the rigid diet path.
    I added 10 points to my daily target.

Funny how you call it “rigid” and WW is pushing it as FREESTYLE!

I heard the pitch this morning at my meeting, The “free” part is telling folks they can eat as much eggs, chicken, fish and several other Zero SP without measuring. They are claiming “Best trial results EVER!” I’m willing to try it but will remain skeptical until I get my own results after six to eight weeks.
  • podkey
    Options
    Those that are using it like it because it is LESS rigid and not more rigid or diety. OK I suppose you could say all ideas that promote more sensible eating habits are by nature "diety" and I wouldn't argue that point as such.

The program has been used in trials in Great Britain and also Canada for some time with good success. All of the WW leaders have been using it for some time too. Our WW leader has lost weight (visibly I might add) and likes that it involves less tracking than the older program. By no means does WW say (or ever say) eat to your heart's content all the zero foods. They say eat just to satisfaction which is hardly a "free-for-all". All I can say is my WW leader struggled previously but is doing better. How is this more rigid?? Sure I might mince about the carb penalties that started creeping on board starting with pointsplus and going forward but enough flexibility to make it work I think.
    As you say time will tell but seems fine.
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    I'm with @podkey . At least most of what he said agrees with the explanation we got from our leader at last night's meeting. She seemed kinda wrung out. I got the impression there was a lot of negative feedback at previous meetings but she didn't say that.

[NOTE: "You" is used generically below, and these paragraphs are based on my meeting last night.]

I heard a fair amount of negativity at my meeting too. Here's what I don't get. How can people subscribe to WW (based on the idea they want change: weight loss, healthier self, etc.), then complain that they don't want to ("can't") change their eating habits to get there? Or they're not even willing to try? I'm sorry but I've got no sympathy for them. Either you want it or don't. If what you're doing isn't / hasn't been working, really, what do you have to lose by switching things up? It makes no sense to me. You simply can't get something different without doing something different.

How things will shake out with the new program remains to be seen. But if you're unhappy in the body you're living in and your enrolled in a weight loss program, I can't understand why you're not willing to try something that on its face, seems to make sense and stand good chance of helping you get to where you want to be.

• whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to learning about/trying out the new program. I loved PointsPlus and got to goal with it without ever really feeling deprived. I was ALWAYS hungry on SmartPoints so went through the additional step of trying to mentally convert my intake to PointsPlus.

Time will tell . . .
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    Well, first day on new plan. Ate well all three meals, as usual. Had a nice "normal" snack, and three 12's of Sam. 4 points left (rollover) and heading to bed.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,030 Member
    Options
    I have done a fairly decent research of the new plan but not exhaustive. I had with the previous point allotment 50 pts at my then current weight of around 315 lbs. I have gained about 12 lbs since then and the new plan put me in at 42 pts. This also includes all the 200 zero free point foods. There are a lot of foods that had points like chicken breast and turkey breast, eggs and quite a few more that are go to foods for me. We'll continue to check it our as we go. If I hadn't blown it today on the snow day here in North Georgia It would have been a great day. I foolishly ate more points in nightly snacks than I did on the two meals I had eaten previously during the day.

SW 400.8
    CW 327.5
    Next GW 300.0
    Final GW 185.0

73.3 lbs Total lost
  • podkey
    Options
    Negativity largely because many of us don't like change I think unless we were required to consume copious pizza, spaghetti and beer diet.
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    LOL
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    @Al_Howard
    Too funny.
    It took me three readings of your post above to decipher “three 12s of Sams” LoL
    Three 12 oz bottles of Sam Adams beer for any new GoaDies who have not been following you for years!
    I still remember when I had to ask you who or what TOL meant! I chuckle whenever I see that.