'Tis the Season to be Jolly: December Accountability & Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hugs @KelseyRL sounds like you’ve been having a tough time. I’m sure you’ll get yourself back on track, you’ve been doing amazing :)
  • blackcatsdancing
    blackcatsdancing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Height 5' 2"

Lowest weight 110 pounds
    maintained 117 pounds pretty well for a long time

Goal is 117 pounds but hoping to try for 110- 112 eventually.
    My build is exactly on the border between small and medium.

fairly sedentary at the moment but hoping to step up the exercise.

Dec 1st : 130
    Dec 9th : 128

Lost 2 pounds this week, really pleased with that, especially as i had a very bad food evening last Sunday.
    Work has relaxed a bit so i can start back with some exercise this week- am holding myself accountable by writing that on here! Gym twice this week or once and follow a DVD at home . No food events coming up until next Saturday evening so in theory the week ahead should be ok, though its getting to the time of year when people start bringing in sweet treats to work.

Good luck everyone.
  • Lizzyincharge
    Lizzyincharge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Just found this group and hope it's ok if I join late. I'm 5'1" and the lbs have been creeping up over the last few years. I hope to lose 4 lbs by the end of the year. I have a ski trip coming up and my ski jacket is tight - not in a good way. I really enjoy working out. Eating healthy is my big challenge. My ultimate goal is 115lbs.
    12/9 - 124.8 lbs
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    Dec Goal Weight: 112-115-Maintenance
    Dec Fitness goal-Complete Strong Curves and rehab

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- 115
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Start of oct:113
    Start of Nov-112
    Start of Dec: 111.5

Dec 1: 111.5
    Dec 8: 110.2
    Dec 15:
    Dec 22:
    Dec 29:

Success/ struggles: I have been relatively good with my eating, though I would say that I am having a few too many extra licks and bites and do need to keep an eye on that. I have been good with my strong curves and my cardio is coming along, but I am tentative with running a vacillate between wanting to push for too much mileage and/ or frequency with my runs and not pushing it as a priority. Ahhhh always a work in progress.
  • tnahill
    tnahill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Heaviest weight: 161 lbs (July 2017)
    Goal weight: 130 lbs

July SW: 161.4
    August SW: 158
    September SW: 154.2
    October SW: 150.4
    November SW: 145.6

December SW: 141.8
    December GW: 138

Getting to my Dec GW would mean not slowing down my progress over vacation... but that’s why it’s a goal! Stay focused everyone!!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?

Me: 5’6” 132.8

Just trying not to gain for the holidays!
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs
    SW October- 165.6 lbs
    SW November- 158.7 lbs
    SW December- 159 lbs

Dec 9th- 159 lbs
    Dec 11th-
    Dec 15th-
    Dec 18th-
    Dec 22nd-
    Dec 25th-
    Dec 29th-
    Dec 31st-

DECEMBER GOAL 156 lbs

I am very late to the party this time :( I sort of fell off the posting train around Thanksgiving a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I did not reach my November goal. I have been unintentionally maintaining around 159. I am continuing to weigh myself every other day but I just havent been checking in with you all and I really need to. I would really really really like to get down to 156 lbs by New Years Eve! I know thats a bit ambitious but I think I can do it if I tighten up my diet. I sort of got carried away with the sweet treats lately. Lots of potlucks, parties, and gatherings! You all know how that goes!

@bringbackthejoy so nice to hear you are still going strong! Great to see your updates.
    @rianneonamission thanks again for continuing this thread. I've missed seeing your updates as well.
    @mrssunshine78 & @KelseyRL & @Go_Deskercise happy to see your posts and progress!

Lets kick 2017's *kitten* this month!! Missed you all!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Now this hasn’t been a healthy weekend. Though changed it last night by going to the gym for a 45 minutes workout. And today I left the car at home despite the rain and sleet, so that is positive.

Welcome newbies: @NYGiantsGal1, @danapickett2, @melissaentwistle3, @geauxsyd, @blackcatsdancing, @Lizzyincharge, @tnahill, @wellnesschaser! Never too late to join!

@GoldenEye_ Good attitude! It will drop soon enough.
    @mrssunshine78 Who knows, not stressing yourself may actually pay off!
    @nic_27_grassisgreener Focus on that trend and drink lots of water. You should be fine!
    @Go_Deskercise Coming down nicely again.
    @KelseyRL I am with you on how the bad food is making me feel. Lethargic, bloated, just rubbish. Glad to read you are mentally over the burnout though. Now onwards and upwards (or downwards with the scales, as the case may be)!
    @bringbackthejoy I think part of this lifestyle is that it will always remain a work in progress, depending on our ever changing goals and aspirations.
    @2tall4thisworld Welcome back! Maintaining is good. In fact, very good. Given that you fell off the wagon it’s quite the achievement! And still sub 160. I fall off the wagon for three days and am up 3lbs. Back in to updating mode now I think!
  • melissalooby
    melissalooby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just found this group and hope it's ok if I join . I have struggled to maintain a healthy weight for as long as I can remember. However back in March I had to have a partial thyroidectomy and since then the struggle has became so much more difficult. My weight is at the highest it's been in years and it is so frustrating. I am hoping that joining this group might help me get back on track.

5'4"
    CW 147
    GW 130

Dec 11th- 147
    Dec 15th-
    Dec 18th-
    Dec 22nd-
    Dec 25th-
    Dec 29th-
    Dec 31st-
  • itseclair
    itseclair Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Height: 162.5 cm
    HW: 152 lbs
    UGW: 110 lbs
    -
    December SW: 145 lbs
    December Goal: 142 lbs

Attempting to lose 3 pounds this month!

December 1st: 145 lbs
    December 11th: 145 lbs

-
    the last time i plateaued (which was like 3 almost 4 weeks) i ended up getting upset at myself and gained back 5 lbs. this time im not going to do the same thing and not give up even if i stay the same weight for 3-4 weeks.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Height: 166 cm (5’5.5”)
    HW: 65 kg (143 lb)// LW: 50.8 kg (111.8 lb)
    CW: 54 kg (119 lb)
    Goal range: 51.5-53.5 kg (113-118 lb)
    Current measurements remain the same as in July when I was around 51 kg

I’m around my goal, so for this month I’m going to 1) maintain it (weight and measurements), 2) carefully select my food, and 3) weight-train more regularly.

Dec 4th: 54 kg
    Dec 11th: 53.4 kg
  • KhaosF
    KhaosF Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Height 5'7"
    SW: 160 lbs
    CW: 160 lbs
    Ultimate Goal: 140 lbs
    December Goal: 155 lbs

Dec 1st: 158.8
    Dec 11: 162 Holy Bloat!!!!! I hope this is still just swelling from surgery last week!!!!!! :s
    Dec 15th
    Dec 22nd
    Dec 30th
  • 2tall4thisworld
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs
    SW October- 165.6 lbs
    SW November- 158.7 lbs
    SW December- 159 lbs

Dec 9th- 159 lbs
    Dec 14th- 158.5 lbs
    Dec 15th-
    Dec 18th-
    Dec 22nd-
    Dec 25th-
    Dec 29th-
    Dec 31st-

DECEMBER GOAL 156 lbs

This is finals week in school. And I have about a day and a half before I'm free for winter break. This week has been very personally challenging for me. I have been experiencing a lot of emotions. I'm hoping things even out soon. Im not super impressed with my loss yet. I have been hovering in this zone of 158-160 for a month or so. I just need to keep pushing through.

Since starting graduate school I have felt very lonely at times. Which i hear is normal.
    A lot of people around me are in relationships, engaged, or married. Sometimes I feel like the only single person I know. And the available men that are around, I am not attracted to.
    So I'm like is there something wrong with me? lol. I installed a couple of dating apps, but that just made me feel worse. So I deleted those as well.

Anyways, I am thinking maybe I should start journaling or something. To start feeling better.

-2tall
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    SW December: 145.7
    December Goal: 145.0

Dec 1: 145.7
    Dec 8: 145.4
    Dec 15: 144.8
    Dec 21:
    Dec 28:

I've officially met my December goal, which also happened to be my ultimate goal! My plan was to hit 145 by Christmas and hang out in maintenance for a while. I'm really happy with my body right now! I've been lifting weights for a little over a month, and I plan to continue for the next couple of months and see what happens.

@2tall4thisworld hey, fellow graduate student here! I promise nothing is wrong with you. Graduate school has been very emotionally tolling for me as well, so know that you are not alone. I started going to therapy this semester, I should have gone years ago. Journaling sounds like a great idea!
  • Havanaohlala
    Havanaohlala Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Can I join? :D

Height: 5 ft 7 (170 cm)
    Heighest weight: 141 (64kg)
    Current: around 139 (63,5-63)
    Goal: 118 (53,5) or 120 (55)

Half-left-December goal: 137 (62 kg)

• 2tall4thisworld
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs
    SW October- 165.6 lbs
    SW November- 158.7 lbs
    SW December- 159 lbs

Dec 9th- 159 lbs
    Dec 14th- 158.5 lbs
    Dec 15th- 157.6 lbs
    Dec 18th-
    Dec 22nd-
    Dec 25th-
    Dec 29th-
    Dec 31st-

DECEMBER GOAL 156 lbs

@nic_27_grassisgreener glad im not the only one! Yeah graduate school is an adjustment is so many ways that I never anticipated. Fortunately I have a really great supportive cohort. i just have these moments sometimes that really test my patience and my emotions.
    Glad to hear you found an outlet that works. :)

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    Dec Goal Weight: 112-115-Maintenance
    Dec Fitness goal-Complete Strong Curves and rehab

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- 115
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Start of oct:113
    Start of Nov-112
    Start of Dec: 111.5

Dec 1: 111.5
    Dec 8: 110.2
    Dec 15: 110.4
    Dec 22:
    Dec 29:

Success/ struggles: I had a pretty good week, though hard. I had an big weekend with houseguest and holiday parties and had a very high Monday weigh in. Well, I dropped calorie intake to 1200 and am back where I was 7 days ago so I am happy today. I pumped up my running mileage on Wednesday and had an IT flare up which was emotionally difficult as well as pretty painful. But I forced myself onto the elliptical and kept with the strong curves as I am determined to beat this. Holidays are hard. But life is hard. It doesn’t give you any breaks. I am reminded of something I was told once as I was trying to shame bash myself into doing something. “Would you treat a friend like this? Is this the advice you would give?” Usually not. Kindness is key. Congratulations to us all. When we show up each day despite not feeling it, when we make the right decision, not the easy one. When we fall, and have the courage to get up again. To those who are new to this thread, welcome. I can’t tell you how amazing these ladies are. I am inspired by each of you.
  • blackcatsdancing
    blackcatsdancing Posts: 16 Member
    Options

height 5.2
    age 49
    Initial goal weight 117 pounds
    Ultimate goal 110 pounds

Dec 1st : 130
    Dec 9th : 128
    Dec 16th : 127

Lost 1 pound this week. Happy with that. We've had chocolates, biscuits ,mince pies and cakes in the office. I've had a few things but nothing excessive. Went out drinking twice but no food involved there. Next week will be harder and i'm hoping to maintain. Got two parties with buffets (both hosts are fab cooks!), a meal i'm hosting (won't be excessive but will be high calorie festive fare). Takes me to 23rd weigh in. Oh I confess, I didn't exercise this week, and to be honest can't see it happening this side of Christmas, far too much on until the 26th.

Good luck everyone with coming week.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi all , I’m joining in!
    5’6” 133
    I cut down to 130 around Thanksgiving and just need a little accountability to recover that loss and keep getting leaner!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It’s been a late sharing of the weigh in from last Wednesday. Down, just not down as much. Though this morning I was 163.8, so I am hopeful I’ll get back to my end of November weight. That would be fab. Shark week is also about to hit me, so be interesting to see how that affects Wednesday’s weigh in. And the food goodies in the office… I love December, but it ain’t good for the waistline!

Had a lovely weekend though, I finally got round to buying a Christmas tree. I’m an utter Christmas tree snob and it has to be real, a Nordmann Fir, and either pot grown or potted. I have one from last year in the garden, but sadly it needs another year to recover from some lost branches. So eventually (three garden centres on: their trees were awful) but I finally found a good tree at a supermarket.

My tree has bells. I have cats terrors. https://instagram.com/p/Bc0QBO3HDa3/. Hours of fun :D

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW December: 161.4lbs (last November weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    December goal: 158lbs (whatever I get to, I’ll take it)
    Body fat goal for 2017: 25.3%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    4th Oct: 163.8lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    11th Oct: 164.2lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    18th Oct: 163.4lbs - Body fat 26.1%
    25th Oct: 164lbs - Body fat 26.3%
    1st Nov: 163lbs – Body fat 25.9%
    8th Nov: 163.4lbs - Body fat 26.1%
    15th Nov: Skipped because of funeral/travelling
    22nd Nov: 162.6lbs – Body fat 25.9%
    29th Nov: 161.4lbs – Body fat 25.7%
    7th Dec: 165.4lbs - Body fat 26.5%
    13th Dec: 164.4lbs – Body fat 26.4%
    20th Dec:
    27th Dec:

@2tall4thisworld: There is nothing wrong with you. Instead of seeing being single as an issue, try to embrace it. Think about it: You can focus on you without anyone getting in your way. So what everyone around you is in a relationship of some form? Good for them. But they are not you, nor are you them. You are your own person and the right person will arrive when the time is right. And you do say that you’ve been experiencing a lot of emotions and you aren’t happy with you weight loss: Once you are happy with yourself you will start to radiate this and that will be the best natural attraction to the opposite sex.

@nic_27_grassisgreener Congrats on hitting maintenance, and so soon!

Welcome @Havanaohlala & @wellnesschaser. Never too late to join!

Wise words @bringbackthejoy, wise words! Being kind to oneself absolutely is the key.

@blackcatsdancing: Nice progress! Yeah, all the goodies this year are not helping me either. I made my own mincemeat (I have about 2kgs of the stuff), Christmas puddings are maturing, I’ve flavoured a bottle of gin with blueberries and cranberries and it’s delish, a colleague from Belgium brought us chocolate covered waffles, we had an amazing Christmas lunch at work last Thursday…