Like Minded Lushes - October 2017

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the stress Syd. great job on weight loss Ash and Gary you are doing well with moderation. I am still incredibly tired when I get home. I know I would have more energy if I did something but it is a vicious catch 22.
    At least the week is almost over.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Carpets tomorrow, then I can work on getting this house back together.
    Wine every night. I'm usually too tired to drink more than 1 glass so that's good. I've dropped all that Thanksgiving weight. But I indulged in In-N-Out last night and I swear it was the best thing I've eaten in forever :D
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh, BTW the fire here is north of us. I'm grateful we're safe and SO grateful to all the amazing work the firefighters are doing. Many homes lost as well 12 horses. Very sad.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're ok out there Sydney!
  • rjadams
    Options
    ditto what Ashley said.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Syd- I saw the fires on the news. Terrible how fast they spread! I am glad you are safe and hope the winds die down. Wildfires in December.... whats this world coming too!

Beginning to catch a cold. Bought some gin. I hear it does wonders for the sniffles. ;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I used to live in Santa Barbara, so my heart goes out to everyone there who are still battling the fires. We're in the clear down our way for now.
    Putting a hold on all work on the house until after the holidays. Will spend the week putting things back and getting holiday decorations out.
    There will be wine, because well, it makes thing better :drinker:
  • rjadams
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Every thing is better with wine. Besides my daughters bought me a shirt that says "Conserve water, drink wine" so It is environmental conscientious. I have been playing with my new baby Insta-pot. Korean short ribs on Friday and pot roast on Saturday. It is pretty cool.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I only have 8 more working days until my winter break. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    The husband is counting down too, Robin!
    Hope to get our tree this week. I'm so far behind this year, but I'm just not going to stress about it. The painter brought by a bottle of wine....and his bill. But the wine was nice. :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    6.5 days here! But I'm on off for a week and a day. Although I may take an extra day to have 12 days off in a row.....

Had a few drinks last night. I don't see the trend stopping....

I drank too much over the weekend. Going to try to keep better track of drinks had in given night.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    bah! My "cold" has settled in my chest. Running a low grade fever, so its most likely flu. We got shots but this year they are only partially effective. So hopefully it will be less severe. Needless to say I don't feel much like drinking.

Take care of yourselves!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Take care, Gary. :flowerforyou: I'm absolutely shocked I've avoided getting sick.

I drank too much wine last night. It was a "may as well finish the bottle" kind of night.
  • rjadams
    Options
    cranberry and vodka looks so festive. so that's what is decorating my house right now. Our break is no work on 12/22 and come back on 1/2/18. I really need it.
  • rjadams
    Options
    TGIF
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Caught a nice buzz and danced my tail off with some co-workers at my Christmas party last night. Good times. Yes...TGIF!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    The husband has the same break you do, Robin. He's ready. Hopefully he'll come back in 2018 to a new job *fingers crossed*
    Sounds fun, Ashley!
    I'm back to my lowest weight again. I'm predicting the weekend will erase that pretty quickly.
    TGIF lushes! :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    *runs into the lush thread and sprays disinfectant*
    Gary gave me his man-cold :p
  • rjadams
    Options
    well that made me laugh. Congrats on the weight achievement, Syd. My org always shakes things up at the new year so who knows what will be going on when I get back. Ashley I haven' been to a Christmas party in so long. I wouldn't know what to do.

this day is basically done for work so 3 days and counting.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Sorry about giving you my man-cold Syd. The man-cold is a special kind of hell isn't it? :p

Drove home from Bothel yesterday. Due to the train derailment we had to detour. The 90 minute trip ended up taking five and a half hours.

Stay healthy!