HOME

Welcome back :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    mk2fit wrote: »
    @UncleMac great pic!
    Thank you. I still have work... too soft around the waist... but it's nice to be able to get a picture taken and not cringe at the result. Mind you, with my new girlfriend on my arm, it's easier to look good. lol

Wasn't until at least the third time I looked at this pic that I even noticed you were in it.

( ;) )
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,957 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    mk2fit wrote: »
    @UncleMac great pic!
    Thank you. I still have work... too soft around the waist... but it's nice to be able to get a picture taken and not cringe at the result. Mind you, with my new girlfriend on my arm, it's easier to look good. lol

Wasn't until at least the third time I looked at this pic that I even noticed you were in it.

( ;) )
    She has that impact on me too. I feel blessed each day.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I have no clue how to post a picture
  • UncleMac
    Options
    It's easy-peasy... Click on the icon above where you normally add words (picture attached), then click on the "Choose Files" and navigate to your picture!

mnmeksjqy03r.jpeg
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the happy picture @UncleMac <3B)<3
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Cheers, @RodaRose.

I'm spending Christmas in Ottawa but New Years in Texas so perhaps I'll have some more pictures when I'm back.
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got quite a trip coming up @UncleMac.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I've never been to Texas before so going there to meet her family is a bit of an adventure, @marshal616
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Long flight. Other than that you will have a good time. Weather is good and the people are friendly.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Texas weather good???
    That sure depends on where you are and when. They get everything from hurricanes to burning heat ro ice storms. Winter there is usually mild - except when it isn't.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for good weather in Texas next week, when I head south to visit family!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,824 Member
    Options
    Hahaha.. Tx weather. We go through all 4 seasons in one day much less a week. Today we are having thunderstorms and rain and it's 60's. In a few days it is going to be i the 20's at night. And after that who knows. We do have some beautiful weather in the winter sometimes tho so hope our visitors get to enjoy it.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I admit... My knowledge of Texas isn't nil but damn close... As it turns out, television shows and movies might not provide an accurate depiction of reality. Apparently, there aren't tumbleweeds rolling down most streets. Who knew?

Pam lives south of Dallas. During our visit, she's booked a cabin outside of Fredericksburg. Never heard of it but Pam says it's one of her fav places. During the road trip to F-burg, we're going to swing by San Antonio so I can see the Alamo. Apparently, it's a ten minute tour but how can I go to Texas and not see the Alamo? lol
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    I admit... My knowledge of Texas isn't nil but damn close... As it turns out, television shows and movies might not provide an accurate depiction of reality. Apparently, there aren't tumbleweeds rolling down most streets. Who knew?

Pam lives south of Dallas. During our visit, she's booked a cabin outside of Fredericksburg. Never heard of it but Pam says it's one of her fav places. During the road trip to F-burg, we're going to swing by San Antonio so I can see the Alamo. Apparently, it's a ten minute tour but how can I go to Texas and not see the Alamo? lol

Take your Stetson Mac. I understand they’ll issue you a gun if you don’t have one.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »

Take your Stetson Mac. I understand they’ll issue you a gun if you don’t have one.

I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle...

I might have to print off the words to "Rawhide" because everything after "rolling rolling rolling" isn't clear to me...
  • marshal616
    Options
    LOL. Fredericksburg is a nice little town. The folks that originally settled it were mostly German immigrants. The Bluebonnet was (I haven't eaten there in years) the best place to eat in town.
    In addition to visiting the Alamo you might want to visit the River Walk and the Presidio.
    Take your appetite, those folks know how to eat (not a good thing unless you plan on working out).
  • UncleMac
    Options
    marshal616 wrote: »
    LOL. Fredericksburg is a nice little town. The folks that originally settled it were mostly German immigrants. The Bluebonnet was (I haven't eaten there in years) the best place to eat in town.
    In addition to visiting the Alamo you might want to visit the River Walk and the Presidio.
    Take your appetite, those folks know how to eat (not a good thing unless you plan on working out).
    She seems quite taken with Fredericksburg and mentioned the German heritage.... And she mentioned the River Walk but not the Presidio. I'll have to google that one.

Appetite isn't normally an issue for me. Portion control, however... lol
  • marshal616
    Options
    I hope you have a great time UncleMac. I'm heading in that direction near the end of January. I can't wait!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Fredericksburg is great! The Alamo is a definite must and stroll the Riverwalk while you are in San Antonio.