New to the group, check in here

Options

Replies

• cmandac77
    cmandac77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to the group. A 47 year old new grama! Trying to lose those last 10 stubborn pounds.
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ali, 46, I live in Scotland and am mum to two young boys. After years stuck behind a desk I'm now a dog walker and have my own super energetic 2 year old Vizsla puppy.
    I am getting back to formal training after a serious knee injury a couple of years ago.
    I love kettlebells, Body Combat and yoga.
    Looking forward to being part of the group and would love to make some like minded friends.
    Good luck to you all with your fitness and health goals.....
  • fluffyfontaine_
    fluffyfontaine_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm 43 and gained my excess weight when I turned 40 and got really depressed about entering the decade we're in. I'm much better than I was and am making my comeback! I've got another 20-30 lbs to lose and need friends for encouragement and motivation. Please add me and best of luck to all!
  • fourliles
    fourliles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 44 year old pharmacist who works full time. I have 2 boys (13 and 17) who both play travel and school sports. We are finishing up baseball season and it's time to get serious about weight loss. I want to be front and center in the pictures during my son's senior year instead of hiding in the back.
  • martibaxter
    martibaxter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    40 year old mum of two from England. Part time waitress, part time holistic healer and tarot card reader - yes, I'm that diverse :) Keep falling off the wagon and putting the same half a stone on and off again. Time to woman up!!
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm Micki. I'm a 48 yr old mom of a 9 year old. I am divorced from, but have reconciled with, my "wasband" after being separated/living apart for a period of time.

Like many here, my family always came first. After Christmas 2015, something in my brain changed... and I began taking care of me in addition to them. I have lost 60 pounds in the mean time, and am in the process of working the last 20-ish off... but my goal is to have a healthy body fat%, so that's my focus right now.

I work from my home office for a major healthcare provider. I have a sedentary job, so I have to be very intentional in my exercise. It's very easy to get complacent!

I'd love to make some "flatscreen" as well as IRL friends to go through this journey with.
  • Positive_Energy73
    Options
    Hi. New to this group. Looking forward to supporting you all and giving support as well. ☺ Please feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • heatherpt220
    heatherpt220 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Here looking for support and a distraction. Hope to make some new friends on this journey.
  • llbreuer2006
    llbreuer2006 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Not new to MFP, but new to the group. My name is Laura. I'm a 44 yr old mother of 2 and grandmother of 2. I've struggled with my weight my entire adult life. I've lost 24 lbs and would like to lose 43 more. More importantly, I would like to keep it off! I love that we have a place where we can connect with others who share our challenges and goals. Just knowing that I'm not alone in my struggle helps me stay positive and motivated. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • jenniferdtate
    jenniferdtate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined. I just turned 44 this month. I have a 24 year old son, a 22 year old daughter, a 19 year old son, and a three year old grandson who all live with my husband and I. My husband and I have been together for 26 years and have been married for 24. We also have two pitt/sheppard/boxer mix dogs named Bonnie and Clyde who will be a year and a half in June.

I have fibromyalgia, spinal problems, and the possible beginning stages of MS so I have constant pain and fatigue which makes it very difficult for me to be active most days, but I've just hit 190lbs which is the most I've ever weighed including when I was pregnant so I have to work on eating better and being more active. My goal weight is 150lbs with a stretch goal of 135.

I'm so glad I've found this group and looking forward to meeting everyone and making new friends so feel free to add me! :smile:
  • Maria_Lola
    Maria_Lola Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to the group hoping to find some support via this way as the battle of the bulge is a hard to do alone. My ideal weight is a long ways to go have 80 lbs to loose. It is a long road but I know if I stick to it one day at a time will get there.
  • scharpy10
    scharpy10 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi i am new to this group, I am 47, soon to be 48 on Friday. This past year, I had felt like walking zombie most days, super tired, and unmotivated. I need to lose about 60lbs to be at my healthy ideal weight. I have 2 kids 19 & 16, a fairly active hubby who is on his own health journey, and 2 cute Keeshonds. I teach special ed K-5, and I love it!

I have set a goal for my b-day next November 10, to be at my healthy weight, so i can be an energetic and fit 49 year old mama!

I finally decided to look into the community aspect of MFP...so here i am :blush:

I have been using MFP for almost 4 weeks. I have lost 12.6lbs, by eating clean foods, keeping calories at or around 1200, and ramping up my movement little by little. Setting attainable goals, and trying to do my best to attain them, than move up.

I started exercising the second week of dieting, by slowly adding beginner yoga on amazon video every morning, and setting a step goal. I have moved up to level 2 in yoga! I began walking more and getting more steps in with my dogs and hubby, I even attempted jogging last night!

I use a Garmin to keep track of my steps, but I am asking for a little nicer fitness tracker for my b-day (11/10). I think it can help keep me even more on track.

I prefer to be outside to do exercise, but Michigan is a fickle bi*** in the fall :lol: , and so darn nasty in winter. So, I will also try do exercise videos when it gets yucky out. But, I will need motivation to keep exercising daily....its not my fave. But i want it to be :smile:
  • dreamerintraining
    Options
    Hi! I am new to the group and just recently started logging again on MFP. I am a mom to 2 active boys, 13 & 15 years old. I seem to be running around between work and kids.

I work full time at a high school and love what I do!

I decided to join a group to stay motivated and on track to loose 30 pounds by April 1st. I am excited to be here and get to know everyone!

Feel free to add me!

• noonansnook
    noonansnook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Introduce Yourself
    I’m looking to connect with others to give and recurve support and maybe make some friends along the way I’m a 40
    Something year old Working mom who has lost herself— yes in the midst of a mid life crisis- I️ have finally come to terms that I️ need to figure out who I️ am who I️ want to be—I️ am
    More than this- I️ just know I️t I️ am more than my anxiety and depress and the weight I️ keep holding on to— join me and we can help support each other Much love and respect! I️ will accept all friend requests
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Almost Happy New Year!

I am a mom of 3 (ages 22, 15 and 12). I am 44 years old have had 4 surgeries on my torso area. The last 2 years I have managed to lose 50 pounds through exercise and eating better. I managed to gain back 15lbs the last 6 months though without changing my routine. I recently found out that I am in that dreaded time of my life without family to help me through it (My mom passed 10 years ago and dad passed on Thanksgiving). I am hoping that with the new year, I can get back to losing weight. I started at 235lbs at 5'6". I do not feel that I need to get to the 130 that everything says that I should be at, but I would like to get to 160 if possible. I jog 25k-30K a week, lift weights twice a week and also Bike twice a week. I usually try to eat about 1500 Calories a day.
    I am looking forward to this year :)
  • fabKara
    fabKara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greetings - joined MFP for something fresh after using Sparkpeople for 10 years. Just turned 47, professor, mom of two young boys, barely recognize myself from the recent weight creep. Sad and tired of feeling so frumpy standing in front of my class. Really *really* want to turn it around and be my best, fit, healthy self.
  • galfromaway
    galfromaway Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a mom of a busy 5 year old girl, and am at my highest weight ever. Feeling frumpy, lumpy and just do not know this body. Looking to connect with others who are struggling and looking for support and encouragement too. And I want to show my daughter that I am important to myself (and convince myself more too!) and am looking after me.

So... hello all!
  • Totoro4567
    Totoro4567 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the site and would welcome new friends. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been, I'm aiming to loose about 95 pounds and just look after myself better.

I've been following Leslie Sansone walk at home workouts for a few months and have just started a gentle jog-walk plan https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/5k-run/art-20050962

I have 2 teenage sons, lovely partner and the naughtiest cat in the world. We live just south of Manchester, England.

• christinepeery
    christinepeery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WhataBroad wrote: »
    Thanks cin!

Hello, Everyone! I'm new to the group and looking forward to sharing this journey with a great bunch of folks!
  • NormainIreland
    NormainIreland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I joined this group a while back but never posted or did anything really, now I find myself at my highest weight ever.

I am from North Cork, Ireland and need to lose 2st (28lbs). My catalyst came yesterday when I had to go up to the gallery at church and was out of breath and it was only one flight of stairs! I am a single mother of two teenagers, an 18yr old Son, and 16yr old Daughter.

Looking forward to making new friends and getting this weight off for once and for all.