Jumpstart January 2018: Week 1 (1/1-1/7)

Options

Replies

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    January Goals:
    • log daily
    • 64 oz. water daily
    • 20 net grams carbs daily
    • walk/run daily - avg. 11,000 steps a day for the month
    • intentional workout/exercise 3x a week
    • 8 new keto recipes in my keto recipe folder
    • lose 2 pounds OR inches OR reduce BMI - I will take a reduction in any area

• always4my2kids
    always4my2kids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Monday 1/1:

Water: :)
    Logged Food: :)
    Exercise as Planned: :)
    At or Under Carb Level: :)
    At or Under Calorie Limit: :)
    Planned Day Ahead: :)

6/6

My January Goals:

~Stay on Track
    ~Check in Daily to this group
    ~Lose 20 Pounds to hit my 100# total loss (It's a lofty but I think doable goal!)
    ~Increase my daily steps by 500 each week.

Happy New Year's Everyone!!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Under calorie goal: B)
    Under carb goal: B)
    Logged every bite: B)
    2L water: :(
    Intermittent Fast: B)
    Intentional Exercise: :(
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Weighed in: :) (139.2)
    Electrolytes: :)
    Logged Food: :)
    Exercise as Planned: Planned rest day.
    At or Under Carb Level: :)
    At or Under Calorie Limit: :)
    Went to bed by goal time: Last night? No. Planning to this night though!
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    January Goal: Lose 6 lbs
    Daily Goal:
    *log everyday: :)
    *stay within calorie budget: :)
    *stay within carb goal: :/
    *Excersise min 30 min: :)
    *Add strength training or intense cardio if up to it: :/
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love seeing everyone's goals and progress towards them. It really motivates me to keep going.

Yesterday was a great day for me. Met all my goals:

1) Stay within daily carb range :p
    2) Drink 64oz+ water daily :p
    3) 6,000+ steps daily :p

The plan for today is the same.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    Feeling inspired by all your goals. I'm a day late to the party but started modestly yesterday. My oldest son got me a keto cookbook for Christmas and I can't wait to dive into it. In the mean time my grocery shopping this week was definitely back on the LCHF trend. So January goals:
    Vitamins - I put a reminder on my cell phone so I won't forget weekends anymore!
    Daily Weigh in - The 'honest with myself' factor.
    64 oz water daily - Feeling a bit dehydrated the past week but working back up to 80 for next month.
    Planned exercise - including strength, cardio, yoga and a planned rest day.
    New recipes/foods - 3-5 new things a week (any meal).
    Logging - seems obvious but I have to make it a goal if I'm going to succeed.

When I weigh in tomorrow, I'll set a loss goal for the month.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    You all look like you are doing great!

I'm sick again and have been since Saturday, and I still feel like complete trash. But I'm starting today anyway.
    Weekdays 1450 cals. Saturday and Sunday maintenance.
    Try to exercise 5 days a week.
    Get off the Christmas Day/New Year pounds.
    Plus, all the vanity pounds I want GONE that I've been unsuccessful in getting rid of because weekends are the devil.

I'll try to at least get a walk in today.

Oh and we lost water New Year's Day morning. Thanks to the water dept cutting the water off for some reason. So it froze just off the meter. And since we have a Arctic Front in, and it only got to 17 yesterday, it will at least be until Wed afternoon until we get above freezing for a little bit. This SUCKS. Just sayin'. :rage:

Anyyyyyyway.
    Keep at it!

• bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Feeling inspired by all your goals. I'm a day late to the party but started modestly yesterday. My oldest son got me a keto cookbook for Christmas and I can't wait to dive into it. In the mean time my grocery shopping this week was definitely back on the LCHF trend.

Let us know how you like the cookbook (and which one it is). I'm always on the hunt for new recipes.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Well I flaked out on December...well not the actual goals...the reporting back on the weekly thread but I'm going to do better for January!

Goals:
    Stay in carb range (except my b-day celebration)
    Continue working out several times per week (started getting back on track last month)
    Trying to do more things that are fun and that I enjoy to avoid the depression that winter and my b-day often brings.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Restarting again. I was doing strictly low carb/keto for about 8 months. Did wonderful. Then got pregnant. It's not 5 months out and I'm trying to get back on the bandwagon. I've done ok on my own but not really dove full force. Well here I am. I'm back. Baby steps for me this week. Stop eating sweets
    No more coffee creamer
    No more excuses
    Drink more water

Let's get this party started!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    “Well, I lost up until Christmas Day. Got down 3lbs of my 5lb goal. Right now I am carrying water weight and possibly 1-2lbs of fat gain after too much wine, treats, and larger servings/grazing all day. We also travelled in there; over 4000km by vehicle so for sure not enough water and very little movement. Workout about to happen, got my meals planned(loosely) for the next three days, hopefully drop the water and a few extra lbs before vacay in 5 weeks.”

Above is a copy of my post on the Santa sprint page. I leave for vacation to New Zealand on the 9th of February. So,

Current weight: scale 167lbs, more accurate once I get water off is prob 160-162lbs
    Goal for vacation: 156-158lbs
    Weekday calories: 1200
    Weekend calories: 1600
    Extra goals: no booze, dairy only once a week(I rely on copious amounts of cheese far to heavily)

I already exercise 5 days a week easily. Sometimes twice a day, so please don’t be alarmed if you see me posting 2 a days.

Have fun everyone!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Jan. 1 went well for me.

Logged food: :)
    Stayed at or under 20 net carbs: :)
    Stayed under 1500 calories: :)
    At least 8 c. of water: :)
    At least 30 minutes of intentional exercise: :)
This discussion has been closed.