Anyone doing Keto?

Options
I started Keto back in October and have lost 15 pounds! I'm ready to continue this year and reach my ultimate goal which is to lose 100 more pounds! Anyone want to be my keto buddy?

Replies

• jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto yesterday after falling off the paleo wagon. Optimally, I need to lose between 70-85 lbs but would be happy with 50-55.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I lost 68lbs doing keto from July - December. Took 2 weeks off over the holidays and put 13lbs back on. Back on the keto wagon and always happy to have supportive and active MFP friends. I'm looking to lose 80 more pounds but anything over 60lbs will be great... I'm mostly just looking to get under 200lbs... 180 is the lowest end target for me as I'm tall and strong.
  • kaileek527
    kaileek527 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started keto in October and have lost 23 pounds so far. I took almost the whole month of December off and managed not to gain a bit! My New Year’s resolution is to get back on the keto train for the long run and lose more weight.
  • jtd2001
    jtd2001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just started Keto hoping to be able to control cravings and loose about 40-50 pounds.
  • candik1
    candik1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto as of yesterday. In the past, I've done the slow carb thing and while I liked it, I had a hard time sticking to it for more than about 6 months or so. I'm bound and determined that this time around, things will be different! Here's to a successful venture for us all!
  • 2missdaxa
    2missdaxa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, my recent blood work showed my cholesterol spiked to 218 from 190. Carbs are not my friend! I was eating mostly carbs with this results so when my doctor wanted to push medication I told him I'd like to try loosing some weight and see if anything changes. I go back to see my doctor in March. I bought an e-book called "The complete ketogenic diet for beginners..." and started the same day 12-27-16. I think there is more to this than meets the eye and I need a support/mentor if you will. I'm 5'4" a 185.5 lbs and will be 59 next month. I want to loose 30-40 pounds. I was 191 lbs when I started. Most of the meals in the book are for 6 to 8 servings and feel I have to try to use them up before making more. So my week 1 meals have stretched into week 2 because of space in my refrigerator. I'm also concerned about some of the things I'm reading about like keto flu, sodium, potassium and more. Will you guys help me? Thank you so much!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Been keto since September! I've lost 40 lbs so far and mean to lose about 50 more. I plan to transition to low carb after I hit goal.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Been keto since September! I've lost 40 lbs so far and mean to lose about 50 more. I plan to transition to low carb after I hit goal.

Hey! What's that Pats thing? LOL. I'm ok with the Pats so long as they're not playing my team. :p:# Carry on with the topic of Anyone doing Keto?
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Hey! What's that Pats thing? LOL. I'm ok with the Pats so long as they're not playing my team. :p:# Carry on with the topic of Anyone doing Keto?

LOL - hopefully we'll both see each other in a couple weeks for the championship. Is the TB12 method considered keto? (jking.....)

• Japkoo
    Japkoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kinda sorta.

Looking for low carb friends ☺️
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm not technically doing keto, but sometimes I end up there. My goal is fewer than 50 carbs a day (doc said it has to be fewer than 100 and 50 is what I picked). Sometimes if I have a run of low days I'll definitely be in ketosis but most of the time I am sort of straddling the fence.

But, down 37 lbs in 150 days so I'm happy! Bloodwork came back vastly improved too.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I have been low carb since October 2016. I forget the point where I dropped the net carb goal to 20. It might have been in November of 2016. I have lost 108 lbs as of this morning since January 2016. The first 40 before the LC and then keto were CICO, and I was miserable but determined. It has been a lot easier for me with LC and easier still with keto.

The weight loss seems to have slowed, but I am T2 diabetic, and the glucose numbers have been so good the doctor reduced my metformin and then with the last A1C told me to stop taking it. If I never lose another pound, just the BG numbers are worth sticking with it. I actually like the keto diet and find it easy to keep.
  • fitjourneymama
    fitjourneymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ive just recently started doing Keto , my goal is to lose 40lbs. a co worker of mine has been on it since september and shes lost 30 lbs already so its really motivating and i also like to workout 2-3 times a week! id love to be your keto buddy, feel free to add me or message me whenever you want inspiration or motivation:)
  • BrieJones91
    BrieJones91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on keto since the end of August and have lost 30lbs. I love it and in December when I fell off the wagon for the holidays I was actually excited to get back to keto.
    Anyone can add me- I love having fellow Keto buddies!
  • anastassias1
    anastassias1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    I have been low carb since October 2016. I forget the point where I dropped the net carb goal to 20. It might have been in November of 2016. I have lost 108 lbs as of this morning since January 2016. The first 40 before the LC and then keto were CICO, and I was miserable but determined. It has been a lot easier for me with LC and easier still with keto.

The weight loss seems to have slowed, but I am T2 diabetic, and the glucose numbers have been so good the doctor reduced my metformin and then with the last A1C told me to stop taking it. If I never lose another pound, just the BG numbers are worth sticking with it. I actually like the keto diet and find it easy to keep.

I 've got similar experience plus my blood pressure went back to normal withing the first 3 weeks. No pills yay!!!!! Was is easy for you to quit metformin?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm keto primarily for migraine control...always up for new friends!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

I 've got similar experience plus my blood pressure went back to normal withing the first 3 weeks. No pills yay!!!!! Was is easy for you to quit metformin?

The doctor told me to reduce my dose and so I started taking it once a day. Then he told me to stop. It seemed pretty easy to me.
  • stephmush
    stephmush Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just hit my 3 month mark of keto and lost 35lbs! I took a week off keto at Christmas and felt just awful. But it was a good test to know that carbs are not for me! I still have a ways to go to hit my goal weight but my weekly results have been consistant and I love the way I am feeling.