Jan 1 Weekly Challenge: If You Bite It, Write It

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    MmamabearR wrote: »
    Measuring your food is a great way to keep track, and it's helped me a lot, but I don't want to get too caught up with exact measurements. For one, there's no guarantee that the amounts are even correct. Who determines how many calories, fat, protein, etc. is found in our foods? Two, are the numbers exact or are they allowed a margin of error? What is the margin of error? That lick of sour cream @UpstateKaren had may have had more or less then 3 calories. It may not have even registered.

Just something to keep in mind.

Good point, @MmamabearR. I think there’s something like a 10% allowed variance in food labels? I weigh things that are calorie dense. I never put lettuce on a food scale.
  • themedalist
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am liking the See How You Eat picture food diary. It’s pretty easy to use.

ls0zsk6wf1au.jpeg

I don’t normally eat lunch so late.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I am using the app too! Super easy.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I checked out the app in the Play Store and it looks neat but probably won't do me much good with my current phone. It's horrible and I can't wait til I get a new one. I wonder if the app is tablet friendly.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/Joseph-40072-TriScale-Compact-Folding/dp/B0091QO57S/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1514995588&sr=8-1&keywords=joseph+and+joseph+food+scale

Looks like the Joseph and Joseph Tri Scale. Let me know if this is it @PinkyPan1. I have no counter space left in my kitchen so this will work perfectly.

Very similar would do the trick but that is not available. I found this one on amazon....https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GPZKYA4/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am using the app too! Super easy.

I am going to check this out. Thanks Ladies.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Re: the link on Amazon shown by @prgirl39mfp for the folding scale, it says, "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Here's one on Amazon which I think may be the one shown by @PinkyPan1

https://www.amazon.com/Gourmia-GKS9130-Folding-Electronic-Function/dp/B01M2CT9QK/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1515084810&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=folding+food+scale&psc=1
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ya I'll have to look into that app. I've been tracking pretty well all week but I'm fighting the urge to buy lunch today instead of eating a lentil loaf I made for lunches!! :p
  • themedalist
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    Re: the link on Amazon shown by @prgirl39mfp for the folding scale, it says, "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Is it out of stock because of this group? :)

• themedalist
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I am liking the See How You Eat picture food diary. It’s pretty easy to use.

I don’t normally eat lunch so late.

Is this an app on your phone?

@OConnell5483, yes, it’s available from both the Apple App Store and Google Play. It looks like they have two apps: “See How You Eat“ and “See How You Eat – Coach 80/20” (paid version). Here’s a screenshot of the app in the App Store

aahvy6h1aua2.png

Regarding not feeling the love for food logging this week, it happens. Sometimes our weekly challenges are out of sync with our ability or desire to do them that week. I remember last year when you were flat out with your old job, before you switched jobs. There were times you did the challenges a week or so after we did, because that was the only time you could come up for air. For all of our newcomers, that’s always a possibility... doing the challenges after we do them. Of course, the downside is there may not be as much interaction and daily support. But generally speaking, we do chime in on older threads.

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I love my digital scales, has become such a habit now, they went' missing' for a few minutes a few weeks ago, I thought my right arm had been cut off!
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing today? My week was slowww getting back to work after a holiday break lol
    Today I tracked even though I went over my goal... still under maintenance with my exercise so it's not terrible lol
  • pmaia
    pmaia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've tracked all week, so far. I start back to work Monday, that's when it gets difficult..I was showing my daughter how to track the peanut butter by placing the jar on the scale..good luck to everyone.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    pmaia wrote: »
    I've tracked all week, so far. I start back to work Monday, that's when it gets difficult..I was showing my daughter how to track the peanut butter by placing the jar on the scale..good luck to everyone.

I only discovered this a few weeks ago, lightbulb moment lol.... Wish I had thought of it years ago!!!