Daily Calorie Amount.

DawnCumm
DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
I just got released to pureed food and have started to itemize my food quantities in MFP. Of course I will be low right now due to my recent surgery but it got me to wondering what is normal for most people. I read from one doctor online that they suggest 800 to 1000 calories p/day, depending upon the person. I assume that may change depending upon your level of exercise. Just figured I should adjust my MPF food calorie count over time. What is normal for you?

Replies

• Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    I only count protein. My goal is to get 60-80 (more on the upper number).
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    I was under 1000 the whole time I was losing. Usually closer to 800.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Post-surgery, my doctor also had me only watch protein. I was to get a minimum of 63 grams per day. I'm now five years post-op, still losing slowly, and my daily guidelines are: 1100 - 1400 cal, 63 - 90 gms protein, 60 - 100 gms carbs, rest fats, make sure I have B vitamins, calcium, and iron covered between my food and my pills. Oh, and water, 85 ounces.

Post-surgery, I ate about 800 cal per day, during my Golden Year (first year post-op.) Good luck!
  • DawnCumm
    Thanks all, something for me to look forward to as I evolve into a more mature post op period. : )
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    I haven't counted calories in a few years. I just try to limit my processed foods. If I had to guess I probably eat anywhere from 2,500-4,000 calories a day depending on my appetite. I usually eat more the more I exercise. I honestly think that most people (including bariatrics) can eat 1500-2500 a day if they eat more whole foods and exercise moderately.
  • DawnCumm
    Good point, I am looking at a more plant based/clean eating regimen. That might require more calories in the long run.