Replies

• gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 241.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 220
    Weigh-in #1: 239.2

A positive thought I had this week was: I had an issue with my neighbor over acquiring something that was not really what I had hoped for. I realized that I don’t have to go ahead to buy and harbor resentment. Personal power! I think it saved me some frustration calories.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Brown rice with mango slices and slivered almonds (all weighed)

My most effective workout this week was: 60 min. body cycle in addition to running around on the job yesterday (I have a weekend job)

Comments: (Please share any additional information if you'd like) I cut down calories from the holiday overload of 3000 but still worked in the cake and goodies left.
  • YAJ3507
    YAJ3507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 215
    Challenge Goal Weight:190
    Weigh-in #1: 215

A positive thought I had this week was: Focus on the moment.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was:Stuffed peppers with ground turkey
    My most effective workout this week was: Zumba!
  • stillcruising
    stillcruising Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight:186
    Challenge Goal Weight:175
    Weigh-in #1:182.2

A positive thought I had this week was: I can do this!
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was:Choosing more fruits and veggies
    My most effective workout this week was: Downhill skiing
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Good day!

Week 1

Start Weight: 161.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 149.4
    Weigh-in #1: 154.0

A positive thought I had this week was: it’s almost a year since I joined MFP and it’s amazing how I have recovered my health (and you can even say my life). I know weight should not define who we are, but when you are as overweight as I was it’s hard not to. I feel so much more confident now and I am looking forward reaching my goal weight this year.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: this week was about cutting off all the excess from the holidays ... and it definitively paid. I think the healthiest meal I had was grilled salmon with sautéed spinach and for snack almonds.

My most effective workout this week was: I did a barre video from daily burn; it was hard for me so it push me and I was sweating tons which I hardly do actually.

I love salmon and spinach. MMMmmm. Great attitude that you will reach your goal this year. Already claiming it GREAT!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Start Weight: 10st 12lb (152lb)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 10st - 10st4lb (140-144lb)
    Weigh-in #1: 10st 9lb (149lb)

This week was the first week I have been able to run (jog?) in well over a year (medical issues). I thought I would start by doing c25k from the start, and week 1 day 1 was easy-peasy! Healthiest tea was probably stir fried chicken & veggies with Chinese five spice and a dash of soy sauce, and rice. Lunch was a big bowl of homemade green soup. I try not to snack too much, but it felt good to add fruit back to my diet (it pretty much disappeared over Christmas/New Year as we were away and I ate so much at meals I didn't want any fruit. Also there was chocolate everywhere).

BIG loss for you last week; that's AWESOME! I am glad you can run/jog again. I am more than certain it felt great.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    walkerse3 wrote: »
    Hi
    My start weight was 135 and my goal weight fot this challenge is 128. My weigh-in for this week is 134.

A positive thought I had this past week is how much better my stomach feels eating less and drinking less alcohol (too much of everything over the holiday).

A healthy change I applied this week was to cook vegetarian meals for the whole week. I have wanted to eat more veggies and legumes for awhile and actively seeking new recipes to use really helped with this (I'm not a big fan of cold salads - my previous veggie go- to option).

Unfortunately I don't have a good exercise accomplishment. I am quite lazy ☺. I will make incorporating something regular into my schedule my goal for this week. I'm super impressed with how much activity everyone else is doing. Very inspiring!

One step at a time---you've conquered more than half the battle, nutrition. Way to go on your loss :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 168.3
    Challenge Goal Weight: 132
    Weigh-in #1: 165

Positive thought: I am doing the right thing for my health, one good decision at a time.

Healthy Snack or meal: more fruits insteads of premade sugary stuff

Most effective workout: Running 4 times this week, including an hour yesterday.

NICE! #goals
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 132.6
    Challenge Goal Weight:126
    Weigh-in #1: 132.2

A positive thought I had this week was: I'm doing Dry January, which for me is a big deal, since we did A LOT of drinking in January. Proud that I made it through the first week, and even went out to dinner at a restaurant and didn't cave.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I love to cook, and I made ham and potato soup and it was delish!
    My most effective workout this week was: Can't remember what day, but I walked the dog---at under 5 degrees---did 30 minutes of PiYo and 30 minutes of yoga.

• poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 10st 12lb (152lb)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 10st - 10st4lb (140-144lb)
    Weigh-in #1: 10st 9lb (149lb)

This week was the first week I have been able to run (jog?) in well over a year (medical issues). I thought I would start by doing c25k from the start, and week 1 day 1 was easy-peasy! Healthiest tea was probably stir fried chicken & veggies with Chinese five spice and a dash of soy sauce, and rice. Lunch was a big bowl of homemade green soup. I try not to snack too much, but it felt good to add fruit back to my diet (it pretty much disappeared over Christmas/New Year as we were away and I ate so much at meals I didn't want any fruit. Also there was chocolate everywhere).

BIG loss for you last week; that's AWESOME! I am glad you can run/jog again. I am more than certain it felt great.

Mostly water weight and Christmas bloat I am sure, but always good to see the scale go down. I am not expecting great things from here on in... half a pound a week is my aim, and my scale only weighs in whole pounds!
  • irishsox12
    irishsox12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 164.2lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155lbs
    Weigh-in #1: 160.8lbs

Feeling really happy with this week's progress, although it's most likely just water weight, it's a start!
  • C_h_a_r_l_e_n_e
    C_h_a_r_l_e_n_e Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 10st 1lb
    Challenge Goal Weight: 9st 7lb
    Weigh-in #1: 10st 3.5lb (gained 2.5 pounds)

A positive thought I had this week was: I got over my flu yesterday so there is a positive.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I made from scratch tuna noodle pea, heavy on the peas no cheese of bread crumbs.
    My most effective workout this week was: Sunday, because I was over the flu and able to put my heart into it.

Comments:I think the weight gain is period bloat, as I started the same day as I got the flu (so much fun was had on Wednesday). So obviously with the flu I was eating a lot of salty soup and water and not dieting. I was tracking and weighing everything I ate. Rocky start but 11 more weeks to turn it around. :)
  • Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 152.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 145
    Weigh-in #1: 149.6

A positive thought I had this week was: It was surprising how easy it was to get back in the routine of weighing and logging food.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I made one of my favorites- shirataki noodles, Morningstar farms steak strips, mixed Asian veggies and hoisin sauce.
    My most effective workout this week was:Shoveling my driveway... Normally I go to the gym 3-6 times a week, but it was soo cold that I only left the house when absolutely necessary. I maybe made it to the gym once.
  • BeautyBMe
    BeautyBMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 236.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 215
    Weigh-in #1: 235.4

A positive thought I had this week was: It’s a lot easier to make healthier choices than I I thought.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: 2 ingredient banana oat cookies. Easy to make and satisfying.
    My most effective workout this week was:Cardio kickboxing. Love it!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 110
    Challenge Goal Weight: Maintenance goal range of 108-113.

Weigh-in #1: 110.2 (109.6 trending)

I have a lot going on in my personal life right now. Starting marriage counseling tomorrow actually ... I am trying not to let everything derail me though.

I got in a great workout last night - 20min on treadmill to warm up, then it was abs & booty day.

I am looking forward to next month when my shoulder should be healed enough to start doing upper body exercises again.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Start Weight: 133.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 129
    Weigh-in #1: 133.6

A positive thought I had this week was: "I AM DOING THIS!"

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Knock-off Chinese moo shi (stir-fry with chicken, cabbage and egg) with steamed broccoli.

My most effective workout this week was: Strength training with barbells followed by 2-mile interval treadmill run. Both are pushing my limits!

I'm happy to maintain this week. I feel back on track now that the holidays are REALLY over and we're out of that deep freeze of the last 10 days! I've got my sights set on spring already.
  • for_my_tomorrow
    for_my_tomorrow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 146.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 128 (possibly to ambitious but will give it a go)
    Weigh-in #1: 143.26

A positive thought I had this week was: I have lost 49lbs in a year and throughout that year I had both of my knees surgically reconstructed and managed to stay on track with my eating and working out where possible. I need to remind myself that.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I had butternut squash and salad.

My most effective workout this week was: I went for a long walk which was 5.5 miles. Which is a huge feat for me since my last surgery in August.

Comments: (Please share any additional information if you'd like) I think this group is a great way to help each other and stay on track with personal goals!
  • for_my_tomorrow
    for_my_tomorrow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 110
    Challenge Goal Weight: Maintenance goal range of 108-113.

Weigh-in #1: 110.2 (109.6 trending)

I have a lot going on in my personal life right now. Starting marriage counseling tomorrow actually ... I am trying not to let everything derail me though.

I got in a great workout last night - 20min on treadmill to warm up, then it was abs & booty day.

I am looking forward to next month when my shoulder should be healed enough to start doing upper body exercises again.

Thinking of you going through counselling. I hope very positive things happen for you and your husband. I have been through it and I am sending you my best wishes
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 220.0
    Challenge Goal Weight: 196
    Weigh-in #1: 218.4
    Loss: -1.6

A positive thought I had this week was: Even though my weight is still up from vacation I'm staying pretty positive and not beating myself up over it.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I've been eating a lot of salads with grilled chicken at home
    My most effective workout this week was: A few strength training sessions with my trainer

Comments: Pretty happy with this loss considering I'm still not quite back into my routine. It's been so hard to get up and to the gym when it's so cold so my goal is to work on that this week.
  • Travelswithabaya
    Travelswithabaya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 80.4KG
    Challenge Goal Weight: 75kg
    Weigh-in #1: 80KG (Riyadh scales)

A positive thought I had this week was: That I'm ok - I may have gone over my calories, but actually its still a weight loss amount. the second one was that flying & period results in huge bloating.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Quinoa & Halloumi salad with grilled chicken breast for lunch

My most effective workout this week was: the fact I did Yoga with Adriene every night after work even when it was close to Midnight.
This discussion has been closed.