Weekend Bling Report

Options

Replies

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    No bling today. Ran 25:32.8 for 6K at the Pete Glavin XC Race #4 (men's masters race). The fact that this was also the USATF Niagara Region Cross Country Championship meant a strong field showed up. I finished 4th of 26 in the M 60-69 age group; my team finished 2nd (2-4-11) behind Syracuse (1-3-5) for the M 60-69 team competition.

It rained. The women noticed the course got worse as they ran. I noticed the course got worse with each loop. The open men ran 8K after we did, and got muddier than I did.

1ggrr0p5nulc.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 -Love the "race bling" and bake/egg sale finds. So cool that you found $$ on the course and spent it at the sale! I get it about the medals. I ran quite a number of races that never gave out medals and, quite honestly, I didn't even realize it most of the time until somebody brought it up they were disappointed there were no medals.

Recently a running friend of mine was at my house and asked to see my medal collection. Ummmm. I have most of them upstairs in a box? My husband bought me a medal rack a while back and I have been meaning to hang it up.

But, recently I visited the same friend's house and she has quite an impressive collection. She told me that she only runs races that give out cool medals. Her collection includes a hand woven basket medal with the name of the teen who made it on the back from a HM in Amish country and a hand blown glass medal form a local arts college. This morning I told my husband that we need to hang up my medal rack. I also realized that my 5K and 10K PR races did not give out medals. I told him that I have to run new 5k and 10K PRs so that I have a medal for my rack. I guess I get it too.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Independence Day 5k. I think I met my time goal and am satisfied with my effort level. Best part - I got 3 of my friends to run this race, too! One was running her first race ever! :) Ironic that they cut down a tree to make the medals for a trail race, but I think wooden medals are in style right now. 9c90uroq0hpi.jpg
  • MobyCarp
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ran 8K of cross country today, the Pete Glavin XC Series Race #5. My expectation was to be 2nd scorer on the M 60-69 team for GVH, and to be 4th or lower in my 10 year age group. I figured there was a chance I could be on the 2nd place M 60-69 team for this race, but we were out of the running for the series title. Accordingly, I expected no bling.

I ran 34:42.6, for 2nd in the 10 year age group behind my team captain. We finished 1-2-6 to beat Syracuse Track Club's 3-4-5 for this race, though Syracuse took the team title for the series. GVH M 60-69 finished 2nd for the series, and I contributed to that.

So . . . for being on one of the top 3 teams by 10 year age group, I got a beer glass. And I was totally surprised to get a bottle of wine for being in the top 10 individuals of my age group for the series, as I only ran 2 of the 5 races. I think they said I was 7th? It was based on a point system that I had never looked at, and there was no minimum number of races to make the points count for the individual top 10. No single race bling for 2nd in the age group, and that's okay.

nxusg1gxk24l.jpg
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I finished the Harrisburg Marathon today in 3:59:54. While it was not the result I wanted, it wasn't unexpected and it was the very best effort I could give today. Those last 10 miles were Hell. Now I really have to be disciplined and hit the weight room. Way too many issues caused by weak glutes and core.

https://www.relive.cc/view/g15515213681

i40c3wmlulvs.jpg
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Did the Brazos Bend 100. I did the full marathon and my son did the 100 mile. He finished in 29 hours. The winner of the 100 did it in 14 hrs! Mymarathon Time was unremarkable but a finish! I like trail runs.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Ran the USATF National Club XC Championships (Masters Men 60+ 8K) on Saturday. Finished in 34:19, which was 18th of 110 in a field of men older than 60 years; but I was only 27th on an age graded basis. 17th of 43 in my age group, which is the youngest age group allowed in this race. No honors for placement, but there was a nice pint glass for showing up and running.

p1w4dvoks1wi.jpg
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Ran the Chevron Houston Marathon Sunday, plus the ABB 5K on Saturday (as warm-up). Second marathon. Under-trained for this, so my time was same as last year. I did feel better during most of it and after. Perfect weather helped, started at 35 degrees, and wasn't more than 50 or so when I finished. Sunny, and not much wind.

yo5wbfjd9aib.jpg