Instant Pot Recipes

I got an Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker) for my birthday and it's effing MAGICAL. That thing is like voodoo. Anyway, anybody else have one and have some awesome, easy recipes with basic ingredients? I'd prefer meal-type recipes vs desserts. I have several pinned on Pinterest but would like some tried and true ones.

I'm making my own cottage cheese in it soon and I'm pretty psyched about that. Is there any reason I should keep the residual whey liquid that gets drained off? I don't know the macros on it or what the heck I'd do with it. But I'm open!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    NomNomPaleo (website) has a bunch, and there's a lot of overlap between the way she does paleo and keto...

There's a free book on Amazon right now, keto and instant pot...I don't remember the exact title...

I don't have an instant pot yet, but it sounds awesome...
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Thanks for those recommendations!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Ooooh I love LOVE LOOOOVE my IP! I make greek yogurt, pot roast, pork chops, all kinds of stuff in it. I do prefer my hard boiled eggs on the stovetop tho. I even made a meatloaf that was awesome in it. The best part is experimenting and playing with it! Pot roast- saute mode, some evoo, when hot sear your seasoned roast on all sides, add 1-2C beef or bone broth (I've made that a few times too), seal it and let it go 45mins on HP, natural release for 10-15 mins. Super tender, moist and delicious. Take meat out, saute mode, add some arrowroot/xanthum gum/preferred thickener to thicken your juices into a nice gravy. I've done this several times after work on a weeknight. Dinner in just over an hour and hands off so I can get other things accomplished at the same time.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    I need to try cottage cheese...
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    I also have a jar of whey in the fridge but no clue what to use it for.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    OMG I will NEVER make hard boiled eggs on the stovetop again! They all came out perfectly in the IP, and you can practically peel them in just two pieces! I was so excited I even stopped a co-worker to show them, LOL.

Thanks for the roast recipe!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited December 2017
    https://ieatcakeforbreakfast.com/2015/01/06/crockpot-or-pressure-cooked-mississippi-roast/

I use a gluten free gravy pack and I don't use nearly all of the gravy pack or the ranch mix so it cuts down on the carbs there and it's just as tasty.

I also skip the onions and carrots...
  • pitbullmamaliz
    Awesome, thank you for those!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    I keep hoping my crock pot bites the dust so I have an excuse to get in Instapot :D
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Lol, @kirkor my crockpot is 36 years old and will probably outlive me, but then again, it has only ever 'ingested' low carb foods so what can I expect?
  • pitbullmamaliz
    sdqrokj6lv5t.png
  • anniekaypants
    anniekaypants Posts: 23 Member
    kirkor wrote: »
    I keep hoping my crock pot bites the dust so I have an excuse to get in Instapot :D

Just get an Instant Pot already. I DID and I kept my slow cooker too. Treat yo self! Look at it as an investment in yourself and your health. You deserve it.
  • lindatcross1949
    lindatcross1949 Posts: 46 Member
    How did you make the eggs
  • DreamPhedre
    DreamPhedre Posts: 594 Member
    I made https://twosleevers.com/now-later-butter-chicken-pressure-cooker/ recently which was tasty. I doubled the chicken because lunch leftovers, and would recommend upping the spices. Do take half the sauce out!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I did a roast last night and it came out beautiful...3.5 lb roast beef, 2 cups chicken broth, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. 70 minutes on high and natural release. It turned out SOOO good! I have a packet of Swiss Chalet Dipping sauce (Canadian Chicken chain) and I'm going to try it later this week as the sauce to cook chicken in my IP. I think it will be delish and carbs aren't too high. I've been having fun just experimenting with my IP!
  • kbhmmom
    kbhmmom Posts: 15 Member
    @lindatcross1949 I sit my eggs on the trivet that came with the IP which will hold 6 eggs, add a cup of water in the bottom of the IP and cook on manual at high pressure for 7 minutes. I do a quick pressure release, and peel under cold running water. Perfect.every.time. I'm sure you can just pile the eggs in there if you want to cook more, but I usually just do 6 at a time because I'm the only hard boiled egg eater in the house, and tend to want hot food this time of year.

And let me join those that are raving about their IP - I got mine for Christmas in 2016 from my husband, and absolutely love it. Santa brought me some accessories this year - a clear glass lid and silicone mitts to use when pulling the pot out. I've been eyeing the smaller IP's that came out recently, too, but am having a hard time justifying the expense.
  • I also have a jar of whey in the fridge but no clue what to use it for.

Make some ricotta.

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    I'm keeping my slow cooker but considering an instant pot so I appreciate this thread. Will be following.