Hi...Just joined your group

Options
AgileK9
AgileK9 Posts: 255 Member
Hi there...I've been on MFP for almost a year going up and down with weight, mostly down though with a few blips. I've been peri-menopause for about 8 years now (I'm 48) with symptoms of anxiety, fatigue, and hot flashes off and on. They were minimal though, that is until the first of this year. I got hit by a bus with the hot flashes and fatigue. The fatigue may be because I can't sleep. I haven't had a decent night sleep in almost a month.

I'm trying to power through it and hope at some point I just get so tired I do sleep through the night sweats...lol. I've continued to work out. I try to do cardio a couple times a week and I'm weight training with a trainer twice a week. I eat well and have lost about 7 pounds in the last month, some of which was bloat from the holidays. But with work, a teenager, and a new puppy, I am wiped!

I started taking the Estroven Energy tablets about a week and half ago and keep hoping they will kick in. I think the hot flashes during the day are getting better.

Anything else that has worked for any of you? My good friend did HRT for a couple months. I'm not sure I'm there yet though but if I don't start sleeping soon I may have to go to the doctor.

All I know is this sucks!

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Yes, it does suck.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Yes, I haven’t slept all night for about a year, maybe more. Can’t keep track bc I’m so tired/exhausted/zombie. I skipped flo for 8 months, then had a visit. I’m currently skipping 4 months now. Cannot wait for this to be over and done !
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I went through a year of hell with no sleeping, I was up all night. but I have never been a good sleeper, I am rather hyper so cannot seem to settle down. I got on NATURAL CALM, wow, it is wonderful, saved my life. and all it is,, is magnesium, and our bodies need it.,,, now I have the worst anxiety in the world, and have never had that in my life, I am the type to go anywhere and do anything type., had to go to the docs after fighting it for so long. still, I hate to take any medication... do not even get a headache ever. I just keep fighting day to day., I would get that brain fog from not sleeping. oh its terrible., I skipped for months. then spot. done lots of tests, the doc says I am all good. I tell you tho... EXERCISE is key... I walk 2 to 3 hours day. and wow, I feel so much better., I cannot wait till I am done too, men....????? they need to go through this!, mine is so supportive. cause nothing has ever ever been wrong with me till now! ITS DEPRESSING!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    ITS DEPRESSING!

Yes, it is.

Your name is cute.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It is awful! My symptoms come and go... Just when I think I am done with it, I start all over again!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I do not have many symptoms but I think I may be having night sweats. I was always like a little furnace when sleeping. Just insulate me and I warm up the bed. But it seems it is worse now and often wake up too hot. Luckily though I can get back to sleep. However it is really the slower metabolism which is my problem with weight loss.
  • mihalickjoanne
    mihalickjoanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You have described me at the very same age. The fact that you’re taking care of your food and fitness is a plus. I couldn’t afford to not sleep so I tried Benadryl which worked for me. I know a lot of people don’t want to resort to medicine but I couldn’t get through without sleeping. I entered menopause at 49 and I love it now that the transition is done. It’s been 7 years since I dealt with the symptoms. Hopefully you’re close...