February 6 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    February 6
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km in 24 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Short walk today. Had the opportunity to go fly in a nearby undercover car-park. Managed to not crash into any pillars or the roof. :)
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Are you flying drones?
  • w8goal4life
    Options
    It’s hard to capture steepness with a photo. If you look close you can see hikers strung out like Christmas tree light on the mountain side at Piestawa Peak in Phoenix, Arizona.

I'm missing the "Christmas Tree Lights!" ;)
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wrote a big update and pressed the “done” button... it just took me out of the community area in the app and I lost the post.

Summary ... yes x 3. Still have a cold, have a running event this weekend. Getting nervous with this cold.

Prepping house for painting and some more gardening yesterday, lots of on-feet time.

• w8goal4life
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Well, all you amazing people are kicking my butt today. I was going to count mucking out stalls, wheeling out and dumping the wheelbarrow, lugging hay, sweeping the barn, and bringing the crazy horses in as my exercise for today. Then I read through the remaining posts from yesterday and today and will have to do something that gets the heart rate up much more than that! Thanks for the inspiration to earn my shower for real.

@jugar LOL...That sounds like plenty of exercise to me. I'm sure it was more than the requisite 20 minutes, but every bit helps!
  • dechensangmo3
    dechensangmo3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes (30 minutes aerobics)
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    @jugar I work as a domestic cleaner but only count and enter it into my diary after 4 hours...it's like my comfort blanket
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 mainly walking today. Also stretching after sitting all morning in a committee meeting for a charity I volunteer for - since leaving work my tolerance for meetings (never high) has dropped right off! At least it was a productive meeting.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (25 min walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Are you flying drones?

Yes. FPV racing quads (not the DJI photo/video drones).

FPV is first person view. The quad is flown while looking at a live video feed from the model. Feels a lot like flying. However you cannot see behind you (what's behind is not important :) ).

Also fly RC helicopters, but that never feels as much like flying. My eyesight in one eye is poor enough that I was never permitted to learn to fly a full size aircraft.

Love the challenge of getting these things to fly as well as flying them. There is a lot of technology involved in building and flying an FPV racing quad (or an RC helicopter for that matter).

Models are relatively inexpensive to build (round $300) and suffer little if any damage in a crash. Carbon fibre frames (strong and light), Lithium polymer batteries (high energy, but self combustable if mis-treated). We take A LOT of care to ensure it is done safely as 1 lb travelling at 60+mph with 5" diameter propellers spinning round 50,000 rpm can do a lot of damage (even with small flexible plastic propellers).
  • w8goal4life
    Options
    Very interesting hobby @craigo3154 . I'm thinking anyone could get in some pretty precarious situations, so I can see why care would be needed. I do enjoy watching some of the online YouTube videos of what is footage taken from what I presume to be DJI photo/video drones. There were some pretty good ones online of Iguazu Falls in South America... and there are several good U.S. National Park Videos done on YouTube under MTJP meaning More Than Just Parks. They are very nice to watch.

I have a younger brother who is a pilot on a smaller commuter line, as well as my younger sister who had her pilot's license, as well. I wouldn't have been able to fly either, as I was cross-eyed when born. Multiple surgeries as a toddler; and again, as a teenager have straightened them... but I have monocular vision, so depth perception is compromised. I enjoy flying...but it will always be just for travel which Jim and I both enjoy.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • w8goal4life
    Options
    Yes x 3 with enough leeway for a light evening snack a bit later. The usual exercise videos with Gilad earlier today. We just returned from Hawaii so he is a good reminder of our cruise.