Keto

ckimm10
ckimm10 Posts: 13 Member
Has anyone tried the Keto Diet before? That is what I am going to try the next few months.

Replies

• Keto is great, once you've adapted. It's difficult at first figuring out how to get enough fat into your diet, but in the end you just say yes to grass fed butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and cheese. Lots of great resources online and at the Cedar Rapids Public Library. I never experienced "Keto Flu", but I hear it can take a week or so to stop feeling like you're sick. If you aren't feeling good after the first week, don't push for this change to your diet. There are other methods like slow carb that are very similar, but allow for more carbs through beans, and other starchy veg. Good luck!
  • Trishabean3
    Trishabean3 Posts: 30 Member
    I have friends that swear by it. They did talk about the keto flu and there are tons of resources on it.
  • stevejill91
    stevejill91 Posts: 31 Member
    I've never gotten keto flue but I've always eaten high protein lower carbs. Maybe that helps in transition. I recently started keto 2 weeks ago and felt great from day 1. I started with 60%fat right off the bat and maybe that helps as well
  • karlamorford
    karlamorford Posts: 39 Member
    This is what I am doing with intermittent fasting. I may have got the keto flu, but ironically I got influenza B so I am not sure.