February Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I’ve shoveled twice today (we’ve gotten about 8-9 inches of snow). I’m counting that as my exercise!
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    30 min walk
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    Long walk in town. 9,000+ steps at least.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    drqtwr3dv8th.jpeg

Shoveled another 5 inches of snow (45 minutes) and did this 1000 rep workout. It was so hard!!!
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    2nelune wrote: »
    drqtwr3dv8th.jpeg

Shoveled another 5 inches of snow (45 minutes) and did this 1000 rep workout. It was so hard!!!

WOWZA, that's an intense circuit!!!! Nice work.
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    Walk with the baby and a hike with friends. 18,800+ steps
  • 2nelune
    Options
    PNWBethany wrote: »
    drqtwr3dv8th.jpeg

WOWZA, that's an intense circuit!!!! Nice work.

It hurt! I’m still feeling it now and know I’ll be sore tomorrow! :smile:
  • 2nelune
    Options
    Did a 30 minute Tabata workout on YouTube (can you tell my gym membership lapsed and I’ve been too cheap to renew it? :smiley: )

https://youtu.be/XIeCMhNWFQQ
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    Hey, at least you're still working out @2nelune!!!

No designated exercise for me today.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    Hey, at least you're still working out @2nelune!!!

No designated exercise for me today.

You’ve been walking a ton too if I’ve noticed correctly! Just because you didn’t do “designated exercise” today doesn’t mean much.
    You’ve got a baby at home who I am sure is keeping you active (and tired). Plus, we seem to be the only ones still posting so I think that counts for something!
  • sammarie_
    sammarie_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, guys!
  • PNWBethany
    Options

You’ve been walking a ton too if I’ve noticed correctly! Just because you didn’t do “designated exercise” today doesn’t mean much.
    You’ve got a baby at home who I am sure is keeping you active (and tired). Plus, we seem to be the only ones still posting so I think that counts for something!

I agree! We're still trying and I do think that matters. :) Yes, my baby does keep me busy and tired - oh man, so tired sometimes. :D

Activity for 2/14/18:
    We ran a lot of errands and I also went to the local gym to check it out. I think I'm ready to join and exercise while baby is in childcare. (Wahoo!)
  • 2nelune
    Options

I agree! We're still trying and I do think that matters. :) Yes, my baby does keep me busy and tired - oh man, so tired sometimes. :D

Activity for 2/14/18:
    We ran a lot of errands and I also went to the local gym to check it out. I think I'm ready to join and exercise while baby is in childcare. (Wahoo!)

Yay for being ready to join a gym! It is so nice when the kids can go to childcare and you don’t have to worry about them! I do that with my boys when I’m off in the summers and they love it.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    I’m out of town to present at a conference tonight, but it gave me the boost I needed (aka I have a night to myself) to get to the hotel gym and do the elliptical for 45 minutes as well as do a little weight and ab work. Yay for alone time! :smiley:
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    Low activity today - 3,000 steps!
  • 2nelune
    Options
    I started doing a kickboxing workout, got distracted by work emails, and opted to complete this video instead. It’s better than nothing!

https://youtu.be/HnvyknXi7mQ
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    Another low activity day. My husband has been out of town all week for work - I've just been hanging on the last three days trying to get through eat day. Planning to jog this weekend - looking forward to it.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    Another low activity day. My husband has been out of town all week for work - I've just been hanging on the last three days trying to get through eat day. Planning to jog this weekend - looking forward to it.

That’s rough. Keep your head up and know that it’s not always this hard. You’ll miss the time your little one is a baby, but it is so much easier as they get older and less dependent on you. You’re on the right track though because you’re cognizant of the struggle and making plans to do what you can given the circumstances. Celebrate those successes.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    I learned that there are exercise videos on Amazon Prime Video recently so I did the Studio S Live Bootcamp as my boys played with balls that I had to dodge. It was tough!
  • PNWBethany
    Options

That’s rough. Keep your head up and know that it’s not always this hard. You’ll miss the time your little one is a baby, but it is so much easier as they get older and less dependent on you. You’re on the right track though because you’re cognizant of the struggle and making plans to do what you can given the circumstances. Celebrate those successes.

Thank you for the encouragement and reminder! I try to keep perspective on the situation but there are times when that's difficult. Then there are the times when I'm so frustrated I could cry, but then I think of how quickly she is changing and I cry even more thinking about her growing up. So many emotions!! It's a challenging, wondrous time. It is heartening to know that it isn't this difficult forever.