What do you do on off days?

Options
veggrrrl
veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
I'm using Zombie Run C25k, and you only use the app 3 times a week. On my off days I'll hike, walk, lift weights, or just "rest" (do housework). I was just curious about what others do on rest days.

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Ride my bicycle.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I run 3x a week, bike & strength train 2 x a week and walk or yoga on the other 2 days.
  • kdeclerq
    kdeclerq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of yoga for strength and to stretch out. I find it really makes a difference on my run days - less stretching required and it helps my core. On my other free day I go to the gym and do some bike/elliptical combination and do some weights (although I hate weights).
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I usually walk
  • pandamanda18
    pandamanda18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Walk, hike or swim. Or hit the gym for strength training.
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've started doing some body weight exercises on my off days from c25k, and a smidge of yoga (just a couple of sun salutations). I have vague notions of dragging my kids to the Y kids club and lifting for real, but I don't (yet) want it enough to deal with getting them on board with the plan, so that will probably wait until they go back to school in August.
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing the 30 day shred. I also like to hike & bike.
  • goff1994
    goff1994 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I jog some and definitely walk. And do core exercises. ;)
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    goff1994 wrote: »
    I jog some and definitely walk. And do core exercises. ;)

I would advise against extra running, stick to the plan.
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I walk 15-30 minutes a day during work breaks. At home I try to do strength training but that doesn't always happen with 2 young kids and my responsibilities.
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I usually walk for an hour on off days.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I cannot have a OFF day, every day I have to do something
  • RulaAsaad
    RulaAsaad Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    veggrrrl wrote: »
    I'm using Zombie Run C25k, and you only use the app 3 times a week. On my off days I'll hike, walk, lift weights, or just "rest" (do housework). I was just curious about what others do on rest days.

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday I do my C25k
    On Monday I attend kickboxing class (cardio for 50 minutes)
    On Wednesday I do full body strength (something simple following a video on youtube for 50 minutes)
    And Saturday I do absolutely nothing :smiley: I'm not sure which day I like the most...
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I don't actually do the program on the set days. I alternate lifting riding and running through the week depending on time weather and what I feel like that day
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, to be honest, I'm not working out on off days. I've always been a poor cross-trainer.

I want to start doing this simple 10 minute stretching/strengthening workout on non-running days.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    no matter what I go go go
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I do the C25k program three days a week (T/Th/Sa). On Mondays and Wednesdays, I do 30 Day Shred. On Fridays, I do a relatively low impact yoga routine. Sundays I don’t do any planned workout, but I usually end up doing barn work and/or cleaning the house, so I’m not just sitting on the couch.
  • qandv9
    qandv9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    C25K 3x a week - Max Challenge 4-5x a week and a walk or hike with my family over the weekend
  • TavistockToad
    edited February 2018
    Options