Options
Jacqgh777
Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
I am happy with this purchase! It tastes pretty darn good!! ex4apajfivrc.jpeg

Replies

• jotti101
    jotti101 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too bought Swerve but have not used it yet (damn expensive) I kicked sweetner in my coffee before starting keto and have not had a craving for anything sweet since starting keto. What do you use it for?
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I too like swerve. Be aware it can have a cooling effect on the tongue. Ok if you make ice cream. Kinda weird in a cookie. Lol
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Swerve was one of my very few "keto" purchases. I too think it is expensive. I found myself making things like 1 minute mug cakes and keto granola. I over ate them just as I overate regular sweets. Never bought a second bag.
  • TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @Jacqgh777 Do you plan to count the Swerve carbs listed here in the MFP datatbase or zero them out, as some say you can with erythritol products?
    By the way, if you choose to count them, they're listed incorrectly or outdated on the MFP database for Swerve Confectioners variety.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I bought a bag recently. I found it expensive. I used it in a cheesecake and the texture was amazing.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like and use it but I still prefer Xyla for taste, not sure why, just my own personal preference,
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use it to make cheesecake bites that I freeze for when I'm desperate for something sweet around shark week.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @Jacqgh777 Do you plan to count the Swerve carbs listed here in the MFP datatbase or zero them out, as some say you can with erythritol products?
    By the way, if you choose to count them, they're listed incorrectly or outdated on the MFP database for Swerve Confectioners variety.
    @TheMerryMermaid - I plan to not count it. The cool minty part is not great but will use it and also Try xylitol. Have you tried xylitol?
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    I like and use it but I still prefer Xyla for taste, not sure why, just my own personal preference,
    @gettinthere - I’m still struggling with the minty taste. I’m going to try Xylitol. Does it have an after taste?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I've read that if you mix the Swerve with a bit of another sweetener like stevia it helps with the cooling sensation. I know I made a peanut butter dirt cake recipe that also has the liquid stevia drops and didn't notice it. I made another peanut butter popsicle recipe that just had Swerve and it was pretty noticeable. It doesn't bother me too much but it really disturbs my husband.

Last night I made some cream cheese chocolate balls and they have Pyure which is erythritol and stevia and my husband didn't notice the cooling with those...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Pyure is my fave. I dislike either ingredient separately. Together they mesh well.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    Thank you very much. I’ll try it @baconslave and @anglyn1
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I’m jealous of anyone who can have sweetened Keto treats. For me it is a slippery slope so I just stay away which is actually not a hardship. Once in a while I allow myself a bite but very rarely. Saturday we were at friends for dinner and she prepared an amazing bread pudding with whiskey sauce. My husband who is not a sweet eater was blown away so I borrowed his spoon and had a bite smothered in the sauce. It was amazing but for some reason that one bite does it for me. If I had had a serving I probably would have had another and wld still be eating today.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Shron123 wrote: »
    I’m jealous of anyone who can have sweetened Keto treats. For me it is a slippery slope so I just stay away which is actually not a hardship. Once in a while I allow myself a bite but very rarely. Saturday we were at friends for dinner and she prepared an amazing bread pudding with whiskey sauce. My husband who is not a sweet eater was blown away so I borrowed his spoon and had a bite smothered in the sauce. It was amazing but for some reason that one bite does it for me. If I had had a serving I probably would have had another and wld still be eating today.

This is me as well. I have a very hard time with sweets, as I have 28 sweet teeth instead of a sweet tooth. Slippery slope indeed.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    Shron123 wrote: »

This is me as well. I have a very hard time with sweets, as I have 28 sweet teeth instead of a sweet tooth. Slippery slope indeed.

@slijohnson1207 - me too! I’ve not been craving sweets which is good

• gettinthere
    Options
    I don’t find it has an after taste at all!
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @gettinthere
    Lucky you! I guess everyone is different :-)
  • gettinthere
    Options
    Jacqgh777 wrote: »
    @gettinthere
    Lucky you! I guess everyone is different :-)

I meant the Xyla doesn't have an after taste to me. The rest of them taste like poison! lol