Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss!!!
  • istartanew82
    istartanew82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Down to 253.8 today. So down another .7 pounds. I ate about 2000 calories again today. Chicken quesadillas, refired beans, berry juicer, sweet tea and a few cookies. Still feeling really good. No hunger during the day. After the first week it seems that this is really easy on me and I actually feel a lot better.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Nothing but smooth sailing
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow! Welcome and great start!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Your getting rid of a bunch of junk in the guts and also a lot of extra glycogen and water. You will probably lose more like 2.5-3.5lb/week in consecutive weeks after you get that all behind you with how your eating (which is still really good). Your doing great!
  • istartanew82
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Your getting rid of a bunch of junk in the guts and also a lot of extra glycogen and water. You will probably lose more like 2.5-3.5lb/week in consecutive weeks after you get that all behind you with how your eating (which is still really good). Your doing great!

Yea I’m a little concerned it’s too much too quick. Thanks for your helpful advice!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's too much too quick, it always falls off faster at first...as long as you know it'll slow down naturally and are mentally prepared for that, you'll be fine :)

You're kickin' a** and takin' names...good work!
  • blambo61
    Options

Yea I’m a little concerned it’s too much too quick. Thanks for your helpful advice!

I don't think it is too much to quick either. I just don't think it will continue at that rate is all.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I don't think it is too much to quick either. I just don't think it will continue at that rate is all.

I agree!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

I agree!

Agreed! Take the fast weight loss while it lasts... :)
  • istartanew82
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sorry I didn’t update yesterday, I was so tired after work. I ended up eating chic fl a and a fruit juicer and stayed under my 2000 calories. I ended up gaining . 4 pounds but I blame this on water retention. It was so hot at work and I drank so much water, I almost got bear caught. Anyways, moving forward!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn’t update yesterday, I was so tired after work. I ended up eating chic fl a and a fruit juicer and stayed under my 2000 calories. I ended up gaining . 4 pounds but I blame this on water retention. It was so hot at work and I drank so much water, I almost got bear caught. Anyways, moving forward!!

Darn water weight gets me every time! LOL
  • istartanew82
    Options
    Today I ate cheese burgers, fries, cheese bites and a super fruit juicer. I weighed in at 252.8 so that’s a -1.4 pound difference from yesterday. Guess the gain got knocked off pretty good. Still below my calories and my macros looked good.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Still doing great!!! :)
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Your success so far has been great! :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Doing great! keep that going.
  • istartanew82
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement! It has really helped me along the way. I had a good size steak today with mashed potatoes, corn on cob, green beans, a baby spinach salad, a few cookies and sweet tea to drink. I weighed in at 251.8 so down another pound from yesterday. I must have had a ton of glucose in my blood to be dropping it this quick. My body has really accepted to what I’m doing. My goal is still to finish the OMAD at 100 days and switch to the warrior diet and go back to two meals in 4 hours, keeping calories at 2500 at that point. I would still lose weight but very slowly. The plan is to do that for a month then to a 16;8. I don’t know for sure it may all change. My goal is 210-220 but I may do more. Need to see what o look like at that weight first.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement! It has really helped me along the way. I had a good size steak today with mashed potatoes, corn on cob, green beans, a baby spinach salad, a few cookies and sweet tea to drink. I weighed in at 251.8 so down another pound from yesterday. I must have had a ton of glucose in my blood to be dropping it this quick. My body has really accepted to what I’m doing. My goal is still to finish the OMAD at 100 days and switch to the warrior diet and go back to two meals in 4 hours, keeping calories at 2500 at that point. I would still lose weight but very slowly. The plan is to do that for a month then to a 16;8. I don’t know for sure it may all change. My goal is 210-220 but I may do more. Need to see what o look like at that weight first.

I change my plans all the time myself. I found that I can maintain well (within a 5-lb range) for months doing a 16:8, if I keep the lunch LC like eating a big salad (I eat ad libitum in the evenings). If I eat ad libitum for lunch and for dinner (including snacks after) I will gain weight and not be able to maintain within a 5-lb window for months. That was an important discovery for me. I twice gained 10-lbs back doing a 16:8 and eating whatever whereas I maintained for several months within 5-lbs eating 16:8 with the LC lunch. There are many ways to skin the cat, just have to pay attention and see what works for you. I do have to do a 20:4 type IF to lose weight though. Good luck.
  • istartanew82
    Options
    This week ended pretty well. I finally hit a wall on Wednesday and had actually gained 2 pounds, which was weird because I was doing so well. I did find one day on my week my stomach was just growling a lot, my body was telling me to eat. I had to break OMAD for that day and I ate two meals in 4 hours, but I kept under 2000 calories. I ended up dropping that back down and more since today. I believe this week was 2.4 pounds down total. I’m now at 15.4 pounds down in 16 days! I had to push it hard to eat enough calories today because I burned so much at work. To lose 2 pounds a week today I needed to eat 4,000 calories. I could only get 2600 down. I’m full and happy right now. I broke into the 240 range! A weight I haven’t seen since shortly after getting out of the Air Force, so like 7-8 years ago.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Congrats! Your doing great. Not too fast or too slow i think is important. Too fast can cause problems with compliance.