Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Awesome victories ladies. You inspire me to keep going and hopefully see my NSV SOON!
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    This is totally a scale victory, BUT my BMI has dropped 20 points since I started! Today I finally crossed into the 40’s. looong way to go to get to the 20’s, but every day I’m closer!
  • alevans4
    alevans4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mellykay88 wrote: »
    This is totally a scale victory, BUT my BMI has dropped 20 points since I started! Today I finally crossed into the 40’s. looong way to go to get to the 20’s, but every day I’m closer!

You're also getting close to having lost 30% of your starting weight. That's amazing.
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @alevans4 you are right! That is hard to wrap my head around!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My NSV is bittersweet. I can officially no longer wear my wedding ring. ☹️. It has fallen off twice. I’m getting smaller but not small enough to get it sized yet. Will have to go in the safe for now.
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @cnavarro002 I have a similar one. A ring my grandmother gave me when I was a teenager is now too big. I’m waiting until I get to goal to get all of my rings sized, so I don’t have to risk multiple resizes.
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My NSV is bittersweet. I can officially no longer wear my wedding ring. ☹️. It has fallen off twice. I’m getting smaller but not small enough to get it sized yet. Will have to go in the safe for now.

Oh no! How about until you are able to resize it, you wear it on a chain around your neck? That way at least you’ll always have it with you!
  • cnavarro002
    Options
    That’s a good idea. I LOVE my ring and i hate not having it.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Today I had a non scale victory. I go to pound class every week,but my preferred exercise is in the pool. In any case, I had a huge abdominal surgery a year ago and find some of the ab workouts hard during pound class. Due to the lack of a strong core, my hips hurt during those ab workouts and I often need to stop and rest during the song. Today...for the first time..I was able to finish all the songs without a break! That felt awesome!!
  • cassie9393
    cassie9393 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @JJKM02 That's great, way to go!!!
  • jjohn0129
    jjohn0129 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After finding this thread I now know what nsv stand for. I have a few that I can think of. When I started this journey I tried to do squats, and planks. I couldn’t even do 5 squats or a 10 second plank. I have worked my way up to 30 squats, and then I do one additional squat and hold in the squat position for 30 seconds. I can hold a plank now for over a minute. I have had to ad three new holes to my belt. The last hole I added was 3.5 inches from the previous. I can now bend over and touch my toes without having to bend my knees. I know there are more that I can’t think of right now.
  • meldwel
    meldwel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @jjohn0129 you are doing great!
  • cnavarro002
    Options
    @jjohn0129 & @meldwel great job to you both! These are the things that keep us going. :)
  • kwiris0328
    kwiris0328 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This week has been temptation city for me, and I am so proud of handeling it. My husband and I share a birthday plus we have a big Easter dinner every year, and I stayed within my calorie goals and was even able to have cake at the celebrations. I mean I felt like an addict in a crackhouse, especially last night when I was stuffing eggs with those Mini Cadbury eggs and didn't have enough calories for one and had PMS, but I resisted.

Plus my bff got me Jessica Smith's Walk On Walk off the weight in 30 days DVD and I did day one today. I'm telling myself I can do this DVD because it's "only" 29 more days. Short term, numbered exercise goals may be the key for me?
  • cnavarro002
    Options
    Had Easter with family and friends, some of which we don't see very often. One of our friends, yelled out "Cindy are you losing weight?!?" in front of everyone. Caught off guard and not wanting to admit it, I quickly responded with "Nope" even though I'm down 40 lbs. My cute hubby @cwrisbeck quickly yelled out "Yes she is!!" with a proud grin on his face. Great NSV when others finally start to notice!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow - everyone is doing such great work!!!

I got into the next size down jeans and wore them out in public. Of course the yoga pants went on again as soon as I got home. I'm so used to non-binding clothes (yoga pants) that jeans dont' feel really comfortable, but I'll get there.

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @MzCara148 Congrats! Woo hoo! I know exactly what you mean though. I’m still trying to get used to jeans. I’ve worn nothing but elastic waistband and yoga type pants for several years now.
  • CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Non scale victories lately have been that I haven’t been feeling bloated, my feet which swell when I get too much salt have not been swollen at all, and my skin has cleared up and there is absolutely no acne (which no 36 year old woman wants to sport!)