Locations

Options
kphelan03
kphelan03 Posts: 3 Member
Where is everyone from? How long have you been on Keto?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Virginia, USA, about 115 days
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    New Jersey, USA and it'll be 6 months on Jan 17th.
  • donharkrn
    donharkrn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Arkansas, USA

I've just started Keto to push myself below the 15% body fat threshhold, but was doing low carb starting back in 2003.
  • ClockWorKitten
    ClockWorKitten Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Scotland, was on and off keto last year (took a break for the holidays) now back on it going ok going to do better this week.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    North Carolina by way of Western Pennsylvania.

Been around MFP since 2013, all low carb which is how I lost all my excess adipose. Keto/very low carb the last 2 years for hunger suppression so I don't gain the pounds and fat back.
  • lbrown1171
    lbrown1171 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Virginia, USA 2nd time around with Keto and it's been 6 days
  • angelnorgaard
    angelnorgaard Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Texas, USA, First time doing Keto and loving it. So far, so good. Stared on January 3rd so I am on day 7. Would be great to have some Keto friends as well.
  • wings651
    wings651 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Arizona, USA. Was on Keto for a year back in 2016-2017 and lost 68 pounds. Now back for nine days and still down 60 pounds from original starting weight. Planning on sticking with it this time. I'm doing the Keto meal plan on Diet Doctor and so far it's super easy and the meals are not difficult to make. Plus, they taste good and that's always a plus.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Harbor City, CA (Los Angeles county). In my 4th year of Keto.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    North Carolina, USA
    In my 2nd year of Keto. I occasionally eat higher amounts of carbs (e.g. holidays) but rarely over 50.
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sydney, Australia

I am a 49yo Sydney female, wanting to lose 25kg this year (again). I've suffered from eating disorders all my life and want to be free of them once and for all, have started 12 step recovery and want to focus on improving my life this year. Also don't want to turn 50 and be frumpy - I want to be 50, fit and fabulous!
    I am following a ketogenic food plan as I have sugar addiction issues and it helps me stay on track. I walk and do weights for exercise, don’t do any heavy cardio except the occasional spin bike. I don't count calories but do track my food just to keep on top of it and be honest with myself. Also Instagram my progress @skimflatwhitenosugar if you would like to follow me and keep me honest!
    Feel free to add me if you would like to be friends. Thanks, from Skim.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Minnesota, USA.

I've tried low carb in the past and would have success but I'd always stray. 8 months ago I tried keto and was thrilled to drop 20lbs in a month. My boyfriend stopped doing it and slowly I did too. We started the new year keto and I'm not going to let his slip ups and possibly abandonment of keto affect me this time. I lose better and faster this way, I sleep better, and I just feel better. Hoping to lose 70 lbs by September, and I've already lost 11. It's a pretty aggressive goal but I want to look and feel my best when I give my best friend away to her soul mate. Nice to meet to all! Feel free to friend me :)
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    San Diego, CA (USA)

I've been trying keto since October. My wife saw how well it was working for me and now we're both doing it.
  • kim_m_kk
    kim_m_kk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dallas Texas I just started Keto but did low carb way back in 2005 when I was desperate to get pregnant. I lost 60 lbs. I regained 20 at some point and type 2 diabetes. So here I go. Week one in the books.
  • moissanite
    moissanite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Naperville, Illinois
    Have been on keto since mid Nov. lost 10 lbs but the scale has been stuck since then and it is not budging
  • matador36
    matador36 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    SA Texas
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Southern MN, restarted keto January 2nd. I attempted it last April and lost 19lbs but I petered out about 6 weeks in. I spent 7 months getting in the right mindset so I can make this my lifestyle indefinitely. It sure made a difference! I feel much more successful. 22lbs lost and counting! Ready for some warmer weather so I can get out walking.

Edited to add I didn't realize I responded in January lol. At least I am able to report I'm still going strong!
  • natedecker13
    natedecker13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    upstate New York. 2nd time round for me, been keto since mid January.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Riverview, NewBrunswick, Canada :)