Back on the KetoTrain!

Options
Jacqgh777
Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
I didn’t fall off hard Still no starches or sugars but I fell off in other ways - like merlot wine lol! I guess that is sugar and carbs. LOL. Back on it today!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You can have wine if it fits your macros. It does hinder losses for some. I try to stay away if actively trying to lose. Plus I have flushing issues with it. I’ll hit the hard stuff instead or maybe spiked seltzer (truly is my fave brand). Keep on keepin on :)
  • Jacqgh777
    edited February 2018
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    You can have wine if it fits your macros. It does hinder losses for some. I try to stay away if actively trying to lose. Plus I have flushing issues with it. I’ll hit the hard stuff instead or maybe spiked seltzer (truly is my fave brand). Keep on keepin on :)
    @nill4me - yeah too much in wine for me trying to actively lose. I’ll prob switch to Vodka and club soda - if I partake this weekend. Thanks on the brand recommendation
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    Thank you @tcunbeliever !
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If we go out for dinner, I NEED red wine. If I stick to one 5-6 oz glass I am ok BUT if I have the 2nd one it messes up my weight loss for the coming week. Sometimes it’s just hard not to get that 2nd glass. I have tried to switch to vodka but it just isn’t the same.
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Liquor has made this process a little more bearable.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    ClayBengal wrote: »
    @ClayBengal
    Lmao!! Amen. Had a Tito’s vodka and club soda tonight. Crazy how alcohol hits you faster on Keto.

• Jacqgh777
    Options
    Shron123 wrote: »
    If we go out for dinner, I NEED red wine. If I stick to one 5-6 oz glass I am ok BUT if I have the 2nd one it messes up my weight loss for the coming week. Sometimes it’s just hard not to get that 2nd glass. I have tried to switch to vodka but it just isn’t the same.
    @Shron123 - I agree with you because I do like my wine and hard with wine not having a second glass.

• ClayBengal
    Options
    Jacqgh777 wrote: »
    @ClayBengal
    Lmao!! Amen. Had a Tito’s vodka and club soda tonight. Crazy how alcohol hits you faster on Keto.

Lol...faster and no carbs; Hard to beat that.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @ClayBengal

@ClayBengal
    It did drop me from moderate to large ketosis to small lastnight but I’m back to moderate again. Didn’t like that :-(
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried cutting your wine with club soda or diet clear soft drink? I've been told it makes it more like a "wine spritzer," but even with a slight amount of water, you might be able to cut it a little...to extend it...and get to drink more volume with same booze?

I know that to me, that taste of red wine (what I remember of it) is somewhat similar to that of organic elderberry extract in water... Is there anything that you could add to water and mix with the wine directly?
  • ClayBengal
    Options
    @ClayBengal

@ClayBengal
    It did drop me from moderate to large ketosis to small lastnight but I’m back to moderate again. Didn’t like that :-(

Not sure I follow....
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @ClayBengal

@ClayBengal

Not sure I follow....
    @ClayBengal - after I drank the vodka I tested with the keto sticks to see if it affected my stage of ketosis. I was in ketosis stronger before drinking the vodka. Took a bit for the alcohol to burn off to go back to the level
    Of ketosis I was in based off of the keto sticks
  • ClayBengal
    Options
    @ClayBengal

@ClayBengal

Not sure I follow....
    @ClayBengal - after I drank the vodka I tested with the keto sticks to see if it affected my stage of ketosis. I was in ketosis stronger before drinking the vodka. Took a bit for the alcohol to burn off to go back to the level

I used a keto stick last week and it came back negative! Lol. I’ve been losing weight so not too worried about the negative reading but it threw me for a loop.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @ClayBengal

@ClayBengal

Not sure I follow....

I used a keto stick last week and it came back negative! Lol. I’ve been losing weight so not too worried about the negative reading but it threw me for a loop.
    @ClayBengal - awesome!! Good to know! :-)