Getting started or back on track!

2»

Replies

• Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Always trying to get back on track. Turned 46 last week. Haven't tried to lose weight in almost 2 years, but I am back at it again.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2018
    "Is it even possible to lose weight in your 40s?!" has been my remark. I've learned I am a bit more softer in the abs, my weight (loss) is EXtremely stubborn, I need to eat less (altough I enjoy food more now), and I really need to increase my exercise. I've recently started the DASH eating plan to help lower my cholesterol. At one time hiking helped to lower my cholesterol levels but I was hiking basically ALL the time. It was not sustainable. Try, try again. I am back, too.

Looking for MFP friends too. :)
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Trying to get back on track too, I always find it harder in the winter. Ten pounds by mid april would make me happy!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    "Is it even possible to lose weight in your 40s?!" has been my remark. I've learned I am a bit more softer in the abs, my weight (loss) is EXtremely stubborn, I need to eat less (altough I enjoy food more now), and I really need to increase my exercise. I've recently started the DASH eating plan to help lower my cholesterol. At one time hiking helped to lower my cholesterol levels but I was hiking basically ALL the time. It was not sustainable. Try, try again. I am back, too.

I think just straight up exercise will help with cholesterol. At least with raising your HDL. Mine went up from 60 to 75 in a year with just weight training 3-4x/week for about an hour and cardio 2-3x per week for 20-45 minutes.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member

I think just straight up exercise will help with cholesterol. At least with raising your HDL. Mine went up from 60 to 75 in a year with just weight training 3-4x/week for about an hour and cardio 2-3x per week for 20-45 minutes.

Great job on the exercising mom23mangos!
    Fortunately my HDL is always high (ranges from 60s - 70s). But my family has a hx of plaque in the arteries. :neutral: So it's really important to work on the rest. and now with getting older the importance of doing so just keeps making itself apparent. Yes, I do need to start regularily exercising again for sure!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi all! I'm getting back on track. I gained about 10 lbs last year (and was about 10 above my "goal" weight before that) and want to get back to the lower weight and higher degree of fitness I enjoyed a couple of years ago. It's definitely harder these days. Perimenopause is really kicking my butt. But I'm trying to kick it back! Nice to meet you all :)
  • Silinde
    Silinde Posts: 44 Member
    Trying to get back here too, currently unable to do much with my left arm and hand (yes, arm too...) after a broken wrist. Sports is forbidden at the moment, I hope I'll be allowed after next week's check up.
  • Teeysha
    Teeysha Posts: 7 Member
    I'm back again. Since baby number 4 I was too busy and unmotivated to lose my baby weight so I suffered for two years weighing 180, up from 117. Now I decided to get back on track doing what helped me before. I lost the first 20 and now I am stuck. Hard to stay motivated without the results and I just started with some serious tendinitis like pain in a few places especially my back and hip area. Took the day off because I could barely get out of bed today. Lying down. Makes it worse. Hoping to push through this.
  • jrbovee20
    jrbovee20 Posts: 76 Member
    Just hit 40 in February and the gym in January, thought it was better late than never. Looking to drop about 40 pounds. Add me as a friend if you'd like