Fasted through Breakfast and ahhhhhhh!

Options
Jacqgh777
Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
ob89v5mb1bvx.jpeg
This is my first meal. :-)
I’m following Dr. Berg for Keto and he encourages 7-10 cups of dark leafy salad and or approved fibrous vegetables without having to add them onto your carb count due to the high fiber count. You need it for the potassium.. anyhow guess it’s working- I started full force Monday and down 2.8 lbs.

Replies

• angelle_71
    angelle_71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What do you use for dressing?
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    angelle_71 wrote: »
    What do you use for dressing?
    @angelle_71

Apple cider vinegar - fresh squeezed lemon - olive oil - salt and pepper! It’s delicious. I would add fresh mashed garlic like I normally would but can’t on keto right now for my phase
  • z_misetich
    z_misetich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Jacqgh777 wrote: »
    I’m following Dr. Berg for Keto and he encourages 7-10 cups of dark leafy salad and or approved fibrous vegetables without having to add them onto your carb count due to the high fiber count. You need it for the potassium.. anyhow guess it’s working- I started full force Monday and down 2.8 lbs.

There is an awesome benefit to skipping breakfast which is what 'breaks' your 'fast' from whenever you ate last the day before. Not only are you not consuming those calories, but your body will be working in a 'fasting' mode which will burn more fat during that time. There are some awesome articles out there regarding intermittent fasting and explaining the science behind it. OF course, as with anything, you will find there are those who support it and those who don't. In my opinion, and with what I have researched, skipping a meal or two a day, a couple of times a week, isn't going to kill you. If anything, it will help you to curb your cravings and feelings of 'starving' and realize you aren't starving at all! (i.e. ancestors that did not eat 3-6 times a day) AND it acts as a mini-cleanse and can prolong your lifespan by continually cleaning out garbage cells to make room for new ones to generate. ANYways... long story short, good for you for skipping breakfast ;)

P.S. Red-wine vinegar, some mustard (like dijon or a whole grain), some olive oil, and some herbs make a really good, simple vinaigrette
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    z_misetich wrote: »
    Jacqgh777 wrote: »

There is an awesome benefit to skipping breakfast which is what 'breaks' your 'fast' from whenever you ate last the day before. Not only are you not consuming those calories, but your body will be working in a 'fasting' mode which will burn more fat during that time. There are some awesome articles out there regarding intermittent fasting and explaining the science behind it. OF course, as with anything, you will find there are those who support it and those who don't. In my opinion, and with what I have researched, skipping a meal or two a day, a couple of times a week, isn't going to kill you. If anything, it will help you to curb your cravings and feelings of 'starving' and realize you aren't starving at all! (i.e. ancestors that did not eat 3-6 times a day) AND it acts as a mini-cleanse and can prolong your lifespan by continually cleaning out garbage cells to make room for new ones to generate. ANYways... long story short, good for you for skipping breakfast ;)

P.S. Red-wine vinegar, some mustard (like dijon or a whole grain), some olive oil, and some herbs make a really good, simple vinaigrette

@z_misetich agreed! Intermittent fasting is good for us. The rule of thumb for me, not hungry, don’t eat until I am. I fasted (including sleep time) 17 hours before I had my first meal. 2 meals a day for me seems good right now. And thanks for the P.S. - Red wine vinegar is also a staple in my kitchen but just love all the benefits ACV provides and truly love the taste.
    I’ve been following Dr. Berg and he also recommends with meals to drink water with one tablespoon of acv, lemon and pink Himalayan salt which helps break things down.