Introduction Thread

Options
savvyrose88
savvyrose88 Posts: 123 Member
Hey guys,

I just realized that while we are in this group together, we still don't know much about each other. Please feel free to introduce yourself to the group.

I'll go first :smile: My name is Kris and I am 29 years old. I am a heart patient. I have a congenital heart defect and will be undergoing my next major surgery sometime between May and June. I teach middle school technology in small town Texas. I'm so excited to see that you all have joined me on this journey and cannot wait to get to know you.

I only ask that we only have this thread for introductions. I'll create us a chit-chat thread or any other type of thread you feel we might need!

Replies

• Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Jocelyn aka Crosbinium. I am a 43 yo High School science teacher in a small alternative school which means I teach Bio, Physical, Chem and environmental. It’s my 21 year teaching alt ed and I love it but it does come with some crazy stressful days and I tend to stress eat. Trying to be more conscious about it. I cleaned out the cabinets and bought and gizmo to air pop popcorn in the microwave. It takes a satisfyingly long time to munch through a bowl of popcorn and it’s only 120 cals.
    To help cut some stress from teaching I am doing the Angela Watson 40 hr teacher work week PD this year. Already gained back 5 hours a week with little things.
    Currently dealing with anemia(almost resolved) an ankle issue that has me in a boot. Possible for the next 12 weeks. My goal is to not use this as another excuse to stop exercising. I did that at the beginning of last year and gained back 20 lbs last year. I am doing mat Pilates and looking for a good chair routine. If you know of any please send me a pm!
  • suzannesbattle
    suzannesbattle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Suzanne. I'm a few months away from my 50th birthday. I just came back from spending a week with my husband and grandson in sunny Florida (Walt Disney World was a blast).
    I teach Music Ed in three elementary schools (1100+ students) in a small city southeast of Portland, Oregon.
    I am also pursuing a reading endorsement which uses up some of my free time. The rest of my non teaching time is used in hanging out with my 10 year old grandson, and repairing problems on the farm.