Favourite healthy-ish dishes

Options
kttyson
kttyson Posts: 77 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
What do you eat that takes good and keeps you healthy? Recipes, descriptions, photos...

yl6onn5pz088.jpg

Replies

• cassandrac915
    cassandrac915 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been loving the Greek salad lately. The best part for me is making my own dressing (because I'm trying to avoid soy products and getting too much dairy).

Here's the recipe, but I have tried different variations on it with good results: https://cafedelites.com/avocado-greek-salad/
  • kttyson
    kttyson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Here’s my go to from Taylor’s: lemon juice, pesto chicken, beets, boiled egg, cucumber, and broccoli salad.

I also avoid dressings - I find they make them no different than a pasta. I had a goal to have a salad a day for New Years (I’ve failed, but I’m trying
  • tehanuthefirst
    tehanuthefirst Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This tomato curry with poached egg. Lots of protein and vegetable goodness. You need some harissa paste but the rest of the spice ingredients are optional I reckon. I throw in a whole lot of greens as well - we have swiss chard/silverbeet in the garden as well which is very healthy, and the curry hides the taste, if you don't like it. You could throw in kale or whatever you have handy.

http://www.health.com/recipes/tomato-curry-poached-eggs
  • tehanuthefirst
    tehanuthefirst Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    kttyson wrote: »
    What do you eat that takes good and keeps you healthy? Recipes, descriptions, photos...

yl6onn5pz088.jpg

What if Rey found the idea of eating a creature disgusting? As far as she remembers, food is powdery stuff that comes in packets. It'd be a bit challenging to eat something that has eyes and looks back at you. I imagine Kylo getting half way through his lobster, really ripping into it (maybe it's a high-ranking First Order officers-only treat), and looking up to find Rey in a corner looking a bit green tipping a packet of ration powder into a bowl of water.