Check in

Options
bigghunny
bigghunny Posts: 550 Member
The group has been to me silent lately. Just thought I would ask how everyone is doing? Latest Nsvs? Anything exciting or new happen?
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Looking forward to hearing from you all even just to say Hi :):)

Replies

• Dad4Myla
    Dad4Myla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’ve thought the same thing. February was my start up month. I didn’t start till like the 12th but it was a good month. My NSV would be i use to get tired just walking around the mall. Now I’ve completed a couple 2.73 mile walks around my neighborhood
  • kwiris0328
    kwiris0328 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm just keepin on keepin on. My most recent nsv is that I fit in the chair at the eye doctor better yesterday than last year. My big goal right now is to fit in the theater seats at my daughter's dance recital at the beginning of June so it was encouraging. I hope everyone is doing well!
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hey! It has been pretty quiet in here lately. I’m on a diet break (eating at maintenance) for 2 weeks (1 week in and 1 more to go). I was feeling... well really cranky and hungry the last couple of weeks and it just seemed like a good thing to do to get my head on straight. It’s been a good week so far and I feel sane/like myself again already. I know I’ll be able to go back to eating at a deficit with no problems. I think I might plan a diet break every 3 or 4 months since about 4 months in is when I started feeling hangry and miserable. I feel like this diet break is a NSV for me because I didn’t throw in the towel when it got hard. I made a plan to get me back on track and I’m sticking with my plan. And aside from my normal fluctuations my weight is steady so I feel like I’m in control again. When I was feeling very hungry and cranky it felt like my control was slipping away.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'm around, but have been stalled. I'm dealing with feelings of being deprived and weak will power lately, so all I'm managing to do really is maintain. It also doesn't help that I've got slow moving "pipes" or down right clogged ones, and I'm fighting the whole regularity battle, which also makes my scale jump up pretty badly and masks any true weight loss I might have. Long term trend while, I've only managed to truly lose about 5 lbs this winter, which is really frustrating. Course, mom looks at me the other day proud of herself because she only gained 5 lbs this winter *laughs* at least I know where my 5 lbs went! lol
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of normal trend on MFP: there is a lot of interest after the holidays, and a lot of fall off after a few months. St. Patrick's day is the equalizer!
    But this is how weight loss goes. It's just continuous, daily, showing up. Checking are a great too, personal threads can be a great way to have a personal timeline and place where you can write about your experience (Also where you can have accountability around posting if you like), fitbit or Facebook challenges. I've joined twin body for more daily interaction. You can also join multiple groups if you want a lot of connection. (There are specific goal, challenge, and interest groups.)
    For me it is just a giant game of keeping it interesting. It's like any relationship. You have to keep it fresh!

I'm doing well, but had a slight challenge on Friday night with a piece of Pecan pie, but ate light sat and exercised and we are on track again. I'm trying to keep myself calm and not stressed because my uncle seems to be getting worse. (I am his caregiver and he is 94.) But life will happen regardless, and you have to make the best of what you can control. So we are having a birthday dinner for him tonight with all the fake beer he can drink. (He has dementia and doesn't think it is fake. He feels super spicy thinking he is drinking :smiley: )

Hope everyone's Sunday is amazing and they are working hard or relaxing and renewing.
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great. Hubby and I started a year-long hospital taught class for weight loss last week. We are committed to seeing it through (especially because if we quit then our insurance won't cover the $700 per person cost! - how's that for motivation!?!).

NSV I was able to fit into a pair of jean shorts that I haven't worn for about 12 years. I will probably never wear them out in public, but I keep them around as a way to measure my success. They were hella tight, but got them buttoned and zipped up! Next stop, wiggle room in the shorts!
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I’m still around! I’ve noticed it’s been quiet as well. Hopefully everyone is doing okay. I was sick last week so wasn’t very active on here, but I’m all better and back at the gym. Only lost 1.8 lbs last week, but still a victory because I didn’t work out at all and my eating wasn’t ideal.

Just a hint for everyone if you don’t already know... if you click the star beside a forum topic, you can follow the thread and get notifications when someone posts.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone,
    I too noticed that we were all quiet. Last week was super busy! My son is graduating this year and he had a ton of deadlines last week for yearbook things, bursary applications, entrance scholarships etc. In addition to that, it was the week before March break and so it gets a little crazy in middle school.

But here we are, day one of March break. I spent 90 minutes in the pool already today and have accomplished some chores at home and am getting caught up on my marking pile. I calculated that I have about 350 writing pieces to assess, but did about 90 of them last night!!!

In terms of my weight loss, I am pleased with my progress thus far (24lbs in two months) and am thankful for the support from my family, friends, and MFP colleagues! Let’s keep the progress going!
  • bigghunny
    Options
    Thank you everyone for checking in. I know life happens and we all have our "real" lives to attend to. Just happy to know this group is so supportive and we are all in this journey together. Have a great week everyone!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    the cold weather has set back in here, but I'm looking foward to daylight savings time this coming weekend - that extra hour of daylight in the evening will make a world of difference! Now to just get temps warm enough that I can walk without fear of slipping on ice.....

A railroad track runs behind my parents house and would make a nice place to walk except the last 2 times I tried it, my tennis shoes slipped treacherously on the ties; I guess they were too cold yet for the rubber of my shoes to get a good grip. So my walking gate was thrown off trying to step on the gravel and not the ties.

I think my biggest issue, however, is that I am simply not a morning person and have never been, despite the number of years I've been getting up at 5:30 in the morning. It takes me most of the morning to finally wake up enough to think clearly, and by the time I get home of an evening, all I want to do is crash. I do much better on days where I can sleep in to at least 8 am; unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to negotiate coming into work at 9!

Otherwise, I'm hanging in there, but I'm definitely stalled and not moving on the scale. I'm not gaining, at least, but I'm very frustrated because since I hit the 100 lb loss goal, I can seem to get any further than that!

On the flip side, this weekend I did some jeans shopping as I really, really needed new jeans - all my old ones were baggy! - and found that I'm definitely starting into size 20W pants now. I bought them in 20's because they were comfortable, though tighter than I usually like to wear; I figure if I buy them a little tight, they'll last a while, right? lol
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I was away being sick with a bad stomach virus, then, being off my schedule. I've missed y'all.

My scale has an upper weight limit of 330, and starts showing strange, inaccurate weights in the mid 320's. My last Dr. appointment in February, I weighed 334. Yesterday, at my primary care Dr appointment, I weighed 314. I've been trying and I'm glad to see it has paid off. I'm sure the stomach virus also contributed greatly to this result. I'll take what I can get. I'm just so happy to be able to weigh at home again.

• CassieBinTC
    CassieBinTC Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I am checking in as I think I am back from my accident. I want to say how proud I am of everyone. Since my accident on January 19th I have managed to still loose 8 pounds which I will take as it is better than a gain. Over the weekend I hit 90 pounds lost and today 91 pounds lost. I made a decision that I need to be below 300 pounds if I am going to opt out of having my surgery. Well now I am 302 and my pre-op appointment is set for next Friday, March 16th. It defiantly is obtainable. I just need to do it. I went to the gym last night and was able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical and 16 minutes on the bike. I have noticed the last 2 weeks my right knee has been giving out on me. I am not sure if it is because now that I have lost so much weight I am carrying myself differently or if it is from the accident.

I also made the decision to go back to Keto for a bit to jump start myself again. So we will see how my results fair this time around.

That is my update for now. Hope everyone is well.
  • gin_rummy
    gin_rummy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @Keeblerelfkin that is INCREDIBLE! Very well done on such an amazing loss!

I've been struggling to get on track since Christmas, and last week with bad burns to my hand, being snowed in, and a wedding cake to make (and wedding to attend!) I didn't log on at all for a few days.

But this week I have properly found my resolve again, and I'm going to kick some butt!!!!!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @cnavarro002 - very cool. I'd love to hear how it goes for you and what kind of things they are teaching. There is a medical weightloss program I could drive about 45 minutes to but so far I am too chicken. Not sure what exactly I'm afraid of - but I do have social anxiety so that may be all it is.

@JJKM02 - I have a son graduating this year, too. He is my oldest and I am just not emotionally ready for it. Not sure how I am going to handle it when he moves away to college - but at least the school he is going to is only an hour from here.

@bmeadows380 - I hate the cold. I am seriously blaming my refusal to workout outside on the cold. Hope it passes soon because it really is nice to walk outside.

@amykee -I'm not sure if tagging you worked but NICE JOB!

@Keeblerelfkin - 200lbs lost? That's no joke awesome! I am trying to get under 300 (302.2 this morning) but I started at 321. You are a rockstar!

@CassieBinTC - I was 302 this morning, too! 30 mins on the elliptical? 16 mins on the bike? Those are serious goals for me. Glad you are feeling better.
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started an exercise program yesterday - finally. I went with the "Launchpad" series by LiveExercise. It starts out as a seated program to get you started. It is like $10/month and the "offical" program is Mon/Wed/Fri with the remainder of the week as rest days. It is divided into 3 levels and each level is designed to be a month long. I did the first workout yesteday, day 1 from level 1. It was too easy for me so tomorrow I am going to do the Wed workout from week 2 and see how that feels. I looked at the very last workout of level 1 and it looks like it would be a challenge for me so I have to find the right spot for myself going forward.

For NSVs - I had been stopping to sit on a bench 3 times shopping for groceries. Now I don't need to stop at all!

I pulled my fitbit out the drawer and put it on. Hoping this will motivate me to move more in general.

And my challenge for the week was a Dr's appt. I had to see my GI. He is the one who prescribes prednisone for me and then gets on me about my weight. I was all excited to go and my weight be DOWN for a change. He didn't comment much on what I have lost, just said I need you take off 40 more pounds. grrrrrr
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @Keeblerelfkin That is a fantastic loss! You're the gold medalist here for sure :smiley:

@MzCara148 Don't you just hate doctor's like that? Thankfully, my PCP is wonderfully supportive, and I think she was more excited with my weight loss than I was! I'm glad I don't have your doctor - I might have serious hit him with something lol
  • fatoldladyonamission
    fatoldladyonamission Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are all doing great.

I stalled, and then fell off the wagon a bit last week. Did a trip to North Wales to check out a horse for my daughter, which she loves and is coming home soon hopefully! The trip meant two nights away with Hotel breakfasts and eating out. I didn’t go mad, but didn’t record very well. Then when we got home loads of very cold weather and snow which left me wanting to hibernate and eat a lot. I managed to not fall right off the wagon in that I didn’t go mad on crisps or cakes or chocolate etc but I have put on 1lb. I’ve re found my motivation though now that I’m not cooped up in doors and I’ve reminded myself that I want to be able to eventually ride the horse we’re buying! I need to lose twice what I’ve lost already to be able to do that. So I need four months more dieting! I got back on yesterday and have used my faithful treadmill a great deal again these two days.

My NSV for this month has to be having a work colleague notice I’ve lost weight and tell me I look fab and she’s really impressed, it was a really pleasant kick up the *kitten* for me!
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @cassiebintc
    It's so glad to see you back! Great job on the weightloss and exercise.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I was called in to work storm trouble on Thursday morning, and have been working around 12-14 hrs. a day, sitting in front of a computer, analyzing trouble tickets and sending them on to the correct service department. The overtime is nice, even if its only straight time (even today, Sunday :( ) but they feed us WAY too well! Its been a huge challenge to stay out of the snacks and the food itself, and I have been going over every day, but I've managed to

1) not drink my calories other than the milk in my coffee
    2) stay out of the candy, cookies, cakes & other sweets
    3) stay away from the dinner rolls - which is huge for me, because I love bread!
    4) load up on veggies and salad

I've had a time with the potatoes, though, and I'm still going over on my calorie counts because I know the veggies are cooked in too much butter and oil (they're catered), and its really hard to judge how much I'm eating - this is why I use measuring cups and a food scale at home!

Friday and yesterday, I took a couple of breaks and walked the building, and yesterday I did it twice, walking the hallways and the north and south stair wells. I could make it up 2 flights because I had to stop, so I'd go up 2 flights, down 2 flight, down the hall, and then repeat on the other set. I'm hoping all the stair-climbing helps to offset at least some of the extra calories! I know my heart rate was up, at least :)