If you are looking at my food diary

Options
Jacqgh777
Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
Please know I’m not counting (most days) the 7-10 cups of salad/approved veggies per day. Dr. Berg is who I follow and says no need to count those in your daily carbs. Your body needs these to cut down the fat on the liver or you’ll end up with a fatty liver plus you need the potassium they have and of course nutrients and loaded with fiber .

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've never considered looking at your diary until this mention. Just so you know, you might have your diary open to friends but it is not public so we random contributors don't have access (which seems to be the most prevalent way to have it set up). Mine included. I don't even read MFP friend's diaries. I'm too impulsive...still. "Oh look! Peanut Butter! I want some!"
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I never look unless someone asks for help. Then if I think it is an issue attributable to macros or logging, I'll look. Otherwise, I'm like kpk54 and get bad ideas from them so I keep my eyes on my own plate. :naughty:
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    I have kept my clothes but decided to open it for friends to look at that has asked people to do so. I’m following Dr Berg’s Keto for my body hormone type - so as of today I’m tweaking mine a bit. About to eat now after a 16 hr intermittent fast. I’m just now feeling hungry. I’m thyroid type which requires less protein and fat. Slow metabolism I’m trying to correct
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @baconslave and that’s smart - what one can eat another may not do well with it.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    Kpk54 - thx for the tip! :-)
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I give a lot of credit to people who continue to log all of their calories. Once I got a good feel for my macros I didn’t feel the need to anymore but I appreciate others’ dedication.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    ClayBengal wrote: »
    I give a lot of credit to people who continue to log all of their calories. Once I got a good feel for my macros I didn’t feel the need to anymore but I appreciate others’ dedication.

@ClayBengal - I’m sure I won’t later but it keeps me accountable and helps me right now.
  • natedecker13
    natedecker13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @Jacqgh777 would you post the link to Dr berg info? I'm intrigued & would like to check it out!
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @Jacqgh777 would you post the link to Dr berg info? I'm intrigued & would like to check it out!

@natedecker13 - sure!!! Also if you create an account he will send you fb messages too.
    He’s got great videos on YouTube as well. So informative and easy to understand. They key for me was to learn what hormone body type I was (you can take the quiz on his page and I bought his book) which made a difference.
    If you look in menu section to the right, you’ll have all kinds of information.

https://www.drberg.com/

• natedecker13
    Options
    awesome!! thanks for the info @Jacqgh777 can't wait to pour over that info shortly!!
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @natedecker13 - he’s the best! You will soak it up and retain it. He makes it so easy.
  • natedecker13
    Options
    took that quiz, adrenal type. finally got chance to start watching video on type, describing symptoms was a disturbing reflection of my life
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    took that quiz, adrenal type. finally got chance to start watching video on type, describing symptoms was a disturbing reflection of my life

@natedecker13 - it’s a start my friend. He has a ton on YouTube too! I’m thyroid type. Nice to meet you lol
  • natedecker13
    Options
    lol, thank you for turning me onto him. still need to finish my initial vid! :-)
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    You’re welcome! Thomas Delauer is good too. Went from 280 lbs to a fitness model. He and Dr. Berg did a collaboration video.

Here ya go!

https://youtu.be/KUDNGOQaDaI
  • ChoosingLifeAt55
    ChoosingLifeAt55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love these guys. They got me started doing keto.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    I love these guys. They got me started doing keto.
    @ChoosingLifeAt55 - me too!!

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Dr. Berg does have interesting videos and presents it well. I'm ovarian type.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options