Body talk

Options
So I was in the gym at my work today. Two women were talking about a third woman and how she is really small and has been losing weight, works out all the time, and how she has really strong willpower and doesn't eat sweets or drink, etc.

I'm paraphrasing but then one of the women said she "didn't want to get too small," and how she liked what size she was, she just wanted to get in shape/get toned. This woman was maybe 5' 3'' and very curvy. I think the kids today might say she's "thick" lol. I was thinking, man, I would love some of her confidence. I'm keeping her words in my mind to try to build up some confidence.

A lot of my current motivation for working out and eating healthfully is that I am having a hard time with how I look. Every time I see a picture of myself, I cringe. And I don't want to. But I want to learn to love and accept what's going on and keep working toward being more in shape and toned.

Replies

• suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's like those women who walk around on the beach in a bikini, but have no business being in a bikini. And I wonder, where does one get that kind of confidence?! If only I could have a little of it!

I do find, though, that as I've been losing, and I've dropped a size, now able to wear some pants that I haven't worn in quite a while, that I walk around a little straighter, with a little more confidence, knowing that at least I look better than I did 7 weeks ago!!!
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Preach it, sister friend!
  • fabkarma
    fabkarma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mrs_P_6817 wrote: »
    'How To Get A Bikini Body ...... 1. Get your body 2. Get a bikini. 3. Put your body in a bikini'. I loved this.

Okay that just made my morning. I am really struggling with body image, feeling so awkward in my own skin lately because of weight gain. Even yesterday I heard my 6-yr old (in a sweet way) refer to me as "chubby little mama" and man, it was rough.

I'll be keeping this line in mind (such as at the pool party we're hitting up after work, with with old friends I haven't seen in years... perfect timing)
  • e_fou
    e_fou Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Same here. I am not too massive (I think) but I still do not feel nice wearing anything but loose clothing. I also sadly avoid the pool so I am missing a lot of fun with my kids. I want to feel confident that I can make the change but somehow I feel that my body is just so different and struggles with things that were easy once. I will persist though, I just wish the process was quicker and less frustrating!
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Haha! I am totally one of those people who wears a bikini but shouldn't. My watermelon belly sticks out with a side of cellulite and stretch marks. Not a pretty picture, but I do it because I love sun directly on my skin. I need as much Vit D as possible and that's the fastest way to get it. I don't love my body and I am not even close to being confident in my own skin. I just stopped caring so much because I know everyone else is more wrapped up in their own insecurities to really care about mine.

I would love to love my body the way it is, but I don't. I want to be one of those skinny chicks who can wear virtually anything and not feel the need to suck in her gut.
  • sljjjembeca
    sljjjembeca Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I love these posts, I also wonder how to achieve that body confidence and am always wearing baggy clothes to hide, I don’t think I even own a swim suit but I love love love to hear your inspiring words above 🙃
  • MmeZeeZee
    MmeZeeZee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just joined. Never had any trouble with my weight but last month I went to the doctor and learned I had gained about 1 lb a month got the past 6 months! And here I thought my weight was just "shifting" lol. Well, reality is here.

My goal is modest, just 6 lbs and maintain, but I did what I did after college (skip a meal a day) and depressingly, it didn't work. I think I did abate the gains, but I need to really get a handle on what maintenance means after 40 unless I want a whole new wardrobe. Which I don't.

This seems like the right group and I'm hoping to join you all on your journey whatever your starting points or goals are.